Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Night Race Blue thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 11:54 PM
swaite
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Best pic I have for now, I also run it now all of the time in the cooler weather...if I can find someone to paint NRB spears on it it would be perfect but its not bad as is

Originally Posted by C5 XTC
Has anyone posted a picture of a side view of a NRB with a transparent roof. I would like to see how it blends in with the NRB color. I have a transparent top on my C6 victory red and it is too "noticeable" . I am hoping it blends in with the NRB. What is your take?
Ron

Last edited by swaite; 10-25-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:41 AM
yancruiser
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to find some company. Awesome NRB combinations here.
The following users liked this post:
dleconche (11-28-2015)
Old 10-26-2014, 09:33 AM
C5 XTC
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yancruiser

Nice to find some company. Awesome NRB combinations here.
Is that a transparent top? If it is, it seems to blend fairly nicely.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:36 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Has anyone posted a picture of a side view of a NRB with a transparent roof. I would like to see how it blends in with the NRB color. I have a transparent top on my C6 victory red and it is too "noticeable" . I am hoping it blends in with the NRB. What is your take?
Ron
I can't think of a better match to NRB paint then the color of the transparent top. No I don't have one. I have seen at least two and didn't notice until I was right on top of them..
Old 10-26-2014, 09:38 AM
C5 XTC
Pro

Originally Posted by swaite
Best pic I have for now, I also run it now all of the time in the cooler weather...if I can find someone to paint NRB spears on it it would be perfect but its not bad as is
I thought about getting spears (if that is what you call the side "panels") painted too. It shouldn't be much of a big deal should it? Issue with paint adhering to non metal should be doable.
I am thinking about transparent top because painted top panels seem to be on constraint fairly frequently.
If you opt to get the spears painted, or even get a price, please post here. Thanks for your help.
Ron
Old 10-26-2014, 09:40 AM
C5 XTC
Pro

Default Transparent top

Thanks for the pictures guys.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:08 AM
yancruiser
Navigator

Is that a transparent top? If it is, it seems to blend fairly nicely.
No, mine is color matched, but was thinking about starting a collection of different tops. Transparent would be top of the list. My son's University colors are blue and orange so was thinking of a 2015 Daytona Sunrise top to show school spirit during events.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:45 PM
mdiiulio
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 110 Posts

As promised, below are both tops in the same conditions with the same (cellphone) camera from the same angle, taken not 2 minutes apart. Judge for yourself. Again, if someone can find NRB (or equivalent) vinyl for spears, I'm all in.

Transparent Top

Solid Top
Old 10-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Night_Racer
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I traded a 2001 Porsche Boxster in Lapis Blue ( non metallic dark blue ) with a Savannah interior ( similar to Kalahari ). It was a great color combination. See attached and remember that color combo was 13 years ago. Obviously, I love a sports car in dark blue and ordered a 2015 Z51 3LT in NRB with a toned down Brownstone interior, see attached. I love the new color combo, 14 years later and a little more subdued. Chrome wheels to boot.

2001 Boxster Lapis Blue

2001 Boxster Savannah interior

2015 Z51 3LT NRB

Just arrived Brownstone interior

Last edited by Night_Racer; 10-26-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:58 PM
woodboatchick
Intermediate

Default NRB 2LT Kalahari

Good to read all the positives! Wondered about how much it shows dirt,doesn't seem like it does, from the comments here. Ordered late Sept. with solid top, last week it got queued for production even with the 35% constraint. Had an 81 with the mirrored tops & I bought "static cling" appliques from Corvette parts place. Kept the (for me) too bright light out, interior cooler. Perhaps something like this will be available for C7s. TPW is mid November. Fingers crossed!!
Old 10-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Hdhuntr01
Instructor

Originally Posted by woodboatchick
Good to read all the positives! Wondered about how much it shows dirt,doesn't seem like it does, from the comments here. Ordered late Sept. with solid top, last week it got queued for production even with the 35% constraint. Had an 81 with the mirrored tops & I bought "static cling" appliques from Corvette parts place. Kept the (for me) too bright light out, interior cooler. Perhaps something like this will be available for C7s. TPW is mid November. Fingers crossed!!
woodboatchick, The Night race Blue doesn't show dirt anything like the Black does. In sunlight the car looks Blue but without the sun shinning it looks Black. Mine has the Black interior but with the Night Race Blue exterior it is not as hot inside as the Black exterior is. I was offerred a new 2014 3LT in Black for a heck of a great deal and passed it up only because it was Black. I thought about getting the glass roof but am very happy without it. If you want to feel the open top experience, just go topless. No sun shinning in heating up the interior! Needless to say, I really love the Night Race Blue color. Just ordered a front splitter in Hydrocarbon which should be in later this week. Now I am actually considering painting the splitter night Race Blue to match the body color. Just think that might make it look somewhat like an OEM part. I will be ordering side skirts and a High Wing Spoiler but need to decide if I will get them in Hydrocarbon or Night Race Blue, Thinking I will go with either Hydrocarbon ground effects all the way around or do Night Race Blue ground effects and make it look somewhat like it is a stock feature. So much to decide. LOL

Old 10-27-2014, 12:56 AM
Down8
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron

Very close match.

-bZj
Old 10-27-2014, 11:39 AM
woodboatchick
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hdhuntr01
woodboatchick, The Night race Blue doesn't show dirt anything like the Black does. In sunlight the car looks Blue but without the sun shinning it looks Black. Mine has the Black interior but with the Night Race Blue exterior it is not as hot inside as the Black exterior is. I was offerred a new 2014 3LT in Black for a heck of a great deal and passed it up only because it was Black. I thought about getting the glass roof but am very happy without it. If you want to feel the open top experience, just go topless. No sun shinning in heating up the interior! Needless to say, I really love the Night Race Blue color. Just ordered a front splitter in Hydrocarbon which should be in later this week. Now I am actually considering painting the splitter night Race Blue to match the body color. Just think that might make it look somewhat like an OEM part. I will be ordering side skirts and a High Wing Spoiler but need to decide if I will get them in Hydrocarbon or Night Race Blue, Thinking I will go with either Hydrocarbon ground effects all the way around or do Night Race Blue ground effects and make it look somewhat like it is a stock feature. So much to decide. LOL

Hi and thank you for the info and for posting the photo of your SPECTACULAR C7!!! I think ours will look like that.. 2LT with the silver wheels. Waiting til tomorrow/Tuesday to check production updates. Did you put the GM splash guards on? I'm planning to do that myself, can't be any worse than the ones I put on the VW and I had to jack up the car and take off the wheels to do it. Any other items that you bought to protect/enhance ?
Old 10-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From a cruise this past weekend in PA.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:48 PM
DucMan 888
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by woodboatchick
Hi and thank you for the info and for posting the photo of your SPECTACULAR C7!!! I think ours will look like that.. 2LT with the silver wheels. Waiting til tomorrow/Tuesday to check production updates. Did you put the GM splash guards on? I'm planning to do that myself, can't be any worse than the ones I put on the VW and I had to jack up the car and take off the wheels to do it. Any other items that you bought to protect/enhance ?
Installing the OEM splash guards they were as simple as can be with NO removal of wheels necessary. One suggestion would be to invest in a set of plastic car trim tools to pry stock wheel well liner from body after removing screws.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:20 AM
Bavaria
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 93 Posts

Ordered my NRB Coupe yesterday. Truth be told I wanted Cyber Gray, however it's no longer offered. I'll get over it.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:34 AM
Hdhuntr01
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bavaria
Ordered my NRB Coupe yesterday. Truth be told I wanted Cyber Gray, however it's no longer offered. I'll get over it.
You will like the NRB. It is an awesome color!

Get notified of new replies

To Official Night Race Blue thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Hdhuntr01
Instructor

Originally Posted by swaite
swaite - Which Side Skirts are you running on your car? They look great.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:09 PM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Bavaria
I was torn HARD between CG and NRB. I stared frequently at the GM renderings that I made and kept coming back to the NRB. So that was what I ordered and I'm sure glad I did. You will love it!
Old 10-31-2014, 12:35 AM
gpotski
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by jl240z
I also did the NRB with 2LT red interior. I almost bailed on it due to the override price I had to pay for it but I am glad I didn't. I was also pleased to see that all the stitching was done in red as well contrasting with the black areas. I didn't expect that and it shows well. I did go with the black wheels with red calipers to give it that stealth look, I almost did the stripes but decided on the npp exhaust instead. I can always add the stripes later. I haven't had the lid off mine yet as its to hot and rainy in fla right now. Cant wait till the fall. Got my first stone chip so at least that wait is over. Gonna go to NC and PA in October. So that will be my first official road trip. I wish all good times and safe miles in their new rides.
I was thinking of getting NRB Z51 coupe with 2LT. I was thinking of either brownstone or gray interior.

I found out the brownstone is only available with 3LT.

I was considering the override too.

What is the override cost?

Quick Reply: Official Night Race Blue thread