Sponsored by:

2014 Corvette Lease

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 03:50 PM
335i
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRLC5
These lease rates don't seem to good to me. I leased a 72k car for about the same as this 52k car? Maybe I am missing something? Residule?
The money factor (interest rate) probably isn't that good, plus those payments are with no money down and no discount off MSRP.

Also, remember that aside from the interest, what you're paying for in a lease is the depreciation the car undergoes. It's not unreasonable for a 52k car and 72k car to depreciate at about the same rate during the first few years.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 PM
0Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronfellows208
Sounds like a bunch of confusion to me.... My dealer can not find anything for a lease on this car! Someone please clarify
You can lease it. The residuals are available through Ally residual guide. Ally also sent us an email with adjusted residuals for ultra low mileage leases. The rates are also available through Ally but will not pull up through GM Global Connect (dealer tool that shows incentives, rates, residuals, rebates...) because there are no special rates. You have to use Ally's standard lease rate sheet.

The reason why there are other more expensive cars with similar residuals out there that can be leased for less is exactly that - the rate. Well, rebates too... Most advertised lease specials have incentivized rates. C7 does not. And it probably won't have one for as long as the demand is greater than supply.

Still, if someone plans on driving the car a few thousand miles a year and possibly getting into an upcoming, say, Grand Sport, and does not want to deal with trading... Well, it may be worth it. Turn one in and get another one... The payment may not necessarily be lower but there is less risk. To some people that is worth it.

I hope this helps. And again, please keep in mind the examples I used are for comparison purposes only. We have delivered a few C7's and only one was a base car...

Last edited by Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary; 12-05-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Corvette Lease