C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kerbeck - World's Largest Stingray Allocation - 1277

Old 11-29-2013, 07:44 PM
toddrichards
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"After all, GM makes the same money per car whether its sells it to a big or small volume dealer; but the more in total it sells, the more money it makes."

Then why allocate to just volume dealers... Let all dealers order as many as they want. GM sells every car they produce.

With the way things are set up no small corvette dealer will become a big corvette dealer. Why not let the small guys grow.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:09 PM
fireinv38
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Kerbeck is the place

just left Kerbeck after spending Thanksgiving at Harrahs. walked into dealership and smiled. This dealership has a full showroom of 2014 corvettes. salesman was outstanding and a real professional. having seen the different ones in person i was blown away by the white ones. must see to believe. all colors available, Z51 at MSRP non are $2000 under. given an excellent corvette stingray poster and sales brochure. explained to me the non Z51 has a better ride, i agree. wife was even smiling knowing i'm adding to the stable. went thru 7 since 1964. will update with pictures. Thank you Kerbeck, outstanding professional organization!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:22 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by rickriada
I've heard of other **** buyers doing the same thing and I, like most of the rest of the buying public, are gentlemen too. As a buyer, we should be aware of our buying opportunities and if both dealers were ok with the approach, then I assume that they were not going to deal with **** buyers either. Who comes first, the buyer or the seller? .....I ended up being happy after buying my TR Z51 C7 coupe, one dealer ended up happy selling it to me and taking my two trades in for it and making a lot of $ off of the ENTIRE deal while the other dealer sold the car the same day it came on his lot (and yes another happy buyer and seller). So...the theme here is what according to your **** presumptions? Maybe the cold weather is affecting your thought processes? I waited all summer to get my car and I didn't want to put my buying eggs in one basket knowing the super excited interests in buying the new C7. I see no losers in this outcome, do you?
Good for you.... "This is not yet a social economics society where everyone is treated in the same way so here is how my coupe buying story ended" nailed it
Old 11-29-2013, 08:37 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 161 Posts

"With the way things are set up no small corvette dealer will become a big corvette dealer. Why not let the small guys grow. "
Not true - Coughlin was no one in the vette world just a few years ago.
Having visited a whole host of dealers looking for my C6 many dealers really could care less if they got a C7, it just was not in their market area.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by toddrichards
"After all, GM makes the same money per car whether its sells it to a big or small volume dealer; but the more in total it sells, the more money it makes."

Then why allocate to just volume dealers... Let all dealers order as many as they want. GM sells every car they produce.

With the way things are set up no small corvette dealer will become a big corvette dealer. Why not let the small guys grow.
Last January (2012) EVERY Chevrolet dealer was told that the allocation on the 2014 Corvette would be based on how any new Corvettes that dealer sold from January 3, 2012 through January 3, 2013 and that all they had to do was sell at least 4 during that 12 months to be qualified as a Corvette dealer for the new Stingray.

During that 12 month period, there was NO restriction on how many Corvettes a dealer could stock. Any dealer in the country had the same opportunity that we did to earn those 1,277 2014 Corvettes. All they had to do was order and sell new 2012s and 2013s. I have no pity for a dealer sitting there saying that the allocoation process is not fair when they held their own fate in their own hands and chose not to act on it. Many of the dealers here on the forum took advantage of that system and lost money on 2013 Corvettes (yes, lost real money) to earn the 2014s.

Dave
Old 11-30-2013, 02:08 PM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by toddrichards
No. The real answer is the way things are set up, the small guy can't be a big guy during the introductory, high profit year, without first earning his way into the big league Corvette sales world during the not so profitable mid and end of generation years. The small guys have no intention of growing into a big Corvette dealer - they only want to capitalize on the big profits the C7 is offering now and then go back to selling Silverado's and Tahoe's, which are the most profitable Chevy's to sell for the rest of the C7's lifespan.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 AM
toddrichards
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Last January (2012) EVERY Chevrolet dealer was told that the allocation on the 2014 Corvette would be based on how any new Corvettes that dealer sold from January 3, 2012 through January 3, 2013 and that all they had to do was sell at least 4 during that 12 months to be qualified as a Corvette dealer for the new Stingray.

During that 12 month period, there was NO restriction on how many Corvettes a dealer could stock. Any dealer in the country had the same opportunity that we did to earn those 1,277 2014 Corvettes. All they had to do was order and sell new 2012s and 2013s. I have no pity for a dealer sitting there saying that the allocoation process is not fair when they held their own fate in their own hands and chose not to act on it. Many of the dealers here on the forum took advantage of that system and lost money on 2013 Corvettes (yes, lost real money) to earn the 2014s.

Dave

Fair Enough Dave, if a small dealer in the middle of no where could have ordered as many C6's in 2012-2013 as they wanted, to get a huge allocation for C7 then you are right that's on them.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Last January (2012) EVERY Chevrolet dealer was told that the allocation on the 2014 Corvette would be based on how any new Corvettes that dealer sold from January 3, 2012 through January 3, 2013 and that all they had to do was sell at least 4 during that 12 months to be qualified as a Corvette dealer for the new Stingray. During that 12 month period, there was NO restriction on how many Corvettes a dealer could stock. Any dealer in the country had the same opportunity that we did to earn those 1,277 2014 Corvettes. All they had to do was order and sell new 2012s and 2013s. I have no pity for a dealer sitting there saying that the allocation process is not fair when they held their own fate in their own hands and chose not to act on it. Many of the dealers here on the forum took advantage of that system and lost money on 2013 Corvettes (yes, lost real money) to earn the 2014s.
Dave
The GM allocation system is flawed. That's reflected in pricing of unsold 13's & resale value. Buyer's should have the option of ordering at any local dealer.

Last edited by C8Jake; 12-02-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:06 AM
ENCT
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Like all business if you have the money to put out early you will win in the end. I am ordering at a local dealer because I want to be able to take the car in for service and be treated right because I bought it from them. I want to build a lasting business relationship. (hopefully) Ford dealers get GT500's based on Mustang sales, GM is no different.
Eric
Old 12-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by gmwindsor
The GM allocation system is flawed. That's reflected in pricing of unsold 13's & resale value. Buyer's should have the option of ordering at any local dealer.
I'll respectfully disagree with you. We sold out of 2013s back in August and I don't think many forum dealers are stuck with big left-over inventory.

We sold 2013s all over the country. The people from 2,000 miles away would have loved to buy locally but their dealer didn't stock them and weren't willing to give discounts to order one.

As far as resale value, a lot of that has to do with the low price of the 2014s. Of course, as soon as we see the "big" discounts on the 2014s that everyone is asking for then that will effect the resale value on those as well.

Dave
Old 12-02-2013, 12:16 PM
toddrichards
Instructor

Originally Posted by ENCT
Like all business if you have the money to put out early you will win in the end. I am ordering at a local dealer because I want to be able to take the car in for service and be treated right because I bought it from them. I want to build a lasting business relationship. (hopefully) Ford dealers get GT500's based on Mustang sales, GM is no different.
Eric

I 100% agree. Support your local community
Old 12-02-2013, 01:04 PM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by ENCT
Ford dealers get GT500's based on Mustang sales, GM is no different. Eric
Unless things have changed, Ford doesn't do it that way - every dealer gets 2 GT500 Coupes and 1 GT500 Convertible to sell irrespective of how many cars or Mustangs they sold in the past. That is why the generally sell at MSRP+ in high volume areas like NY/NJ/MA/FL/CA.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Lipstic
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16,'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

My local dealer did not have an allocation and was honest about it. So I ordered from Kerbeck. My local dealer will be happy to service my new C7 when it arrives as the sales manager was happy I was able to order one. Dave has been awesome in assisting me through the order and built process.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:24 PM
ENCT
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LIStingray
Unless things have changed, Ford doesn't do it that way - every dealer gets 2 GT500 Coupes and 1 GT500 Convertible to sell irrespective of how many cars or Mustangs they sold in the past. That is why the generally sell at MSRP+ in high volume areas like NY/NJ/MA/FL/CA.
My dealer tells me different but what else would I expect. I have my 2014 with 1200 miles listed at $9400.00 under MSRP so much for high volume areas demanding higher prices.
Eric
Old 12-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Da Baker
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, do you still have convertible allocations? What kind of timeline would you guesstimate for a convertible that was ordered say this week?
Old 12-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by Da Baker
Dave, do you still have convertible allocations? What kind of timeline would you guesstimate for a convertible that was ordered say this week?
We still have plenty of allocation, but timing is still hard to say. They are not running convertibles at full speed yet. I'd could guess and say about 8 weeks but it would be a guess.

Dave

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kerbeck - World's Largest Stingray Allocation - 1277