Sponsored by:

Sitting in the C7

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 04:36 PM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Sitting in the C7

Went into the dealer I have the C7 on order from. They had one on the floor. Had hardly sat in one before, wanted to get a better impression of how it felt. Battery was dead so couldn’t move the seat back.

Older guy came out and looked for the battery under the hood. I said “it’s under the hatch by the passenger's side”. He looked at me like I was a moron. Later found it and made excuses about the different covers.

Engine compartment seems very uncluttered considering how much engine is residing there.

Found out they had one off the floor and was going to test drive it. Just arrived and was already sold. At least I got to sit in it and check leg room. Plenty of room, seat fits perfectly, feels terrific.

Since I had asked about a test drive, they were concerned that I wanted to drive the sold car. Said no, I wouldn’t want my “sold” car test driven and wouldn’t ask that of them. They were pleased with that.

The very positive impression just makes me that much more eager to get ours. Don
Old 12-11-2013, 04:40 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,513 Likes on 2,318 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by W88fixer
Went into the dealer I have the C7 on order from. They had one on the floor. Had hardly sat in one before, wanted to get a better impression of how it felt. Battery was dead so couldn’t move the seat back.

Older guy came out and looked for the battery under the hood. I said “it’s under the hatch by the passenger's side”. He looked at me like I was a moron. Later found it and made excuses about the different covers.

Engine compartment seems very uncluttered considering how much engine is residing there.

Found out they had one off the floor and was going to test drive it. Just arrived and was already sold. At least I got to sit in it and check leg room. Plenty of room, seat fits perfectly, feels terrific.

Since I had asked about a test drive, they were concerned that I wanted to drive the sold car. Said no, I wouldn’t want my “sold” car test driven and wouldn’t ask that of them. They were pleased with that.

The very positive impression just makes me that much more eager to get ours. Don
I'm happy for you! I can't stand salesmen who know very little about the new Corvette and act like they know everything so anything you tell them is an insult to their intelligence, which it really is because they don't know what they're talking about!

Quick Reply: Sitting in the C7