Sponsored by:

So, what is it like?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 05:36 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default So, what is it like?

What is it like to drive a C7? How is the handling? How is the acceleration? How does the interior feel? What's it like toying around with the new technology inside the car? How many people look at you? What do you like most about it? Have you had any close calls yet? How does the car sound? How does it ride?

Please share your experiences!
Old 01-07-2014, 09:28 PM
RickMN
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is a thread about a nice day out driving my C7 Convertible with the top down.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-top-down.html
Old 01-07-2014, 09:49 PM
rjv0331
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Comparison With C3s

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
What is it like to drive a C7? How is the handling? How is the acceleration? How does the interior feel? What's it like toying around with the new technology inside the car? How many people look at you? What do you like most about it? Have you had any close calls yet? How does the car sound? How does it ride?

My only other experience with Vettes is 2 BB, 4-spd C3s (72 and 73) - I still have the 72. The difference is unbelievable. Accel from 50 to 100 in what seems like the blink of an eye with WOT. I've never experienced anything like it before.

Ditto on the handling and the interior. The infotainment system takes some fooling around, but nothing insurmountable (I've needed the manual and some posts on this forum for radio presets), but switching from one display to another is pretty simple and fairly intuitive once you get into it.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:24 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

I have owned 4 C5ZO6's and 2 C6ZO6's, I loved every one of them.
This car is just different, it is an absolute pleasure to drive. It is like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, put it in touring mode for a quiet smooth ride or sport or track mode for a stiff suspension and good exhaust note. I love the gearing (Z51 7 SPD Manual) because it is just like the C5ZO6 MN12. The acceleration is very good especially at low RPM due to the great torque, this car accelerates out of a corner better.
The interior as others have said kinda feels like the C4 a little bit because of the snug wrap around feeling, but I like it very much. The steering wheel is outstanding, I like it being a little smaller and all of the controls just fit me and work without taking your eyes off the road.
It does take a couple hours to totally familiarize yourself with all of the features in the car (at least it took me that long ) and set everything up. The radio presets etc. seem to take the longest.
This car does get a LOT of attention around town, I was letting my wife out at the grocery the other night and an older gentleman and his wife pulled up beside me in a very nice 7 series BMW and I rolled down my window, he put his index finger and thumb together and said "Beautiful" I guess I just wasn't expecting that!
I love the way the car sounds I think it has the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard on a stock Corvette, I see no need to change it. No close calls yet thank goodness
The car does ride a little stiff in sport/track mode but it is supposed too.
What I like best is; the dash/infotainment, sound, torque, gearing, and course the looks!
I honestly can't find a thing I don't like yet.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Driving the C7 is pure joy. It's everything you've read about in reviews, except much better because you actually own it. It makes you want to drive, and when you're not driving it, you think about driving it.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:41 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Makes my C6 seem so outdated. My C6 was a 2009 with the Z51 option. It was fast compared to other cars I have had and it handled well. I always felt a little defensive at Cars and Coffee when talking to Porsche owners about my Vette. The C7 is amazing. Much faster than my C6 and it handles better. The interior compares very favorably to our 911 Carrera S. In fact, I like it better. At Cars and Coffee, I have owners of Porsches asking to sit in it. A few weeks ago a fellow in a Bentley pulled up next to me at a light and told me how great my car looked.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:53 PM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

More great comments. Making me more and more PO’ED. 7 weeks now and my order has gone nowhere. Called Chevy Cust Svc today and got nowhere, same with the dealer sales manager. Tracking site says “order placed” just like it has for 7 wks.

Hear all the glowing reports and nada, zip, nothing here. Whine, whine, I know. Don
Old 01-08-2014, 12:00 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

What's it like?

Awesome.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:01 AM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Received 132 Likes on 97 Posts

Pure excitement
Old 01-08-2014, 12:46 AM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

I feel like a celebrity in there, people take pics all the time, make videos. As far as driving goes its a blast to drive the fit and finish is close to perfect
Old 01-08-2014, 01:45 AM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

. What's it like - like nothing I've ever driven before.
. Handling - tight and precise
. Acceleration - it's all up to you - but you won't run out of car!
. Interior - gorgeous, materials feel awesome
. Technology - a BLAST - toys, toys, toys
. Looks / attention - endless, ALL positive
. Like most - I don't have that much time to list
. Sound - sweet, but still might add aftermarket
. Ride - everything from Cadillac to Beast depending on mode selection! Track mode will throw you back into your seat with force, while leaving you feeling in complete control. Could drive all day in Touring. Seats are SO comfortable.

It's really unbelievable.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:42 AM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I know smoking in a car reduces the resale value, but I'm wondering if jizz all over the ceiling does as well? Have a feeling most men have done so several times after driving this car.

How's that for a mental image?? LOL

Condoms aren't only for sex!!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:59 AM
nh_mark
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7
I know smoking in a car reduces the resale value, but I'm wondering if jizz all over the ceiling does as well? Have a feeling most men have done so several times after driving this car.

Memo to self...NEVER buy a used C7 from LuvnMyC7.

-Mark
Old 01-08-2014, 07:17 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7

Old 01-08-2014, 07:34 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Often times when the press over rates the new car, most of what they write is true. This new Stingray doesn't disappoint in anyway and there was not let down after getting one.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:36 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by harmonyp
. What's it like - like nothing I've ever driven before.
. Handling - tight and precise
. Acceleration - it's all up to you - but you won't run out of car!
. Interior - gorgeous, materials feel awesome
. Technology - a BLAST - toys, toys, toys
. Looks / attention - endless, ALL positive
. Like most - I don't have that much time to list
. Sound - sweet, but still might add aftermarket
. Ride - everything from Cadillac to Beast depending on mode selection! Track mode will throw you back into your seat with force, while leaving you feeling in complete control. Could drive all day in Touring. Seats are SO comfortable.

It's really unbelievable.
+1 This covers it!
Old 01-08-2014, 01:16 PM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet
Driving the C7 is pure joy. It's everything you've read about in reviews, except much better because you actually own it. It makes you want to drive, and when you're not driving it, you think about driving it.

Get notified of new replies

To So, what is it like?

Old 01-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

In a word- wonderful. Even though the car has all the electronic gizmos, it feels like a real machine, and not overly computerized like some cars that have no feel. The way the engine vibrates, the way the gears shift (I have a 7M tranny); just to take the removable top off, put the windows down and take it out on the road is a very fun time.

I've owned BMW's and a Porsche Carrera. This is my first Corvette, and I like it best of all.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:37 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbob26

I've owned BMW's and a Porsche Carrera. This is my first Corvette, and I like it best of all.
Good to know...I'm a Porsche guy and still on the edge on the C7. Any of your Porsche buddies give you a hard time? It's one sweet ride, and just about ready to order...
Old 01-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by texex91
Good to know...I'm a Porsche guy and still on the edge on the C7. Any of your Porsche buddies give you a hard time? It's one sweet ride, and just about ready to order...
Ditto. I have owned Porsche's in the past but currently BMW cars and Mercedes SUV's. This will be our first Corvette as well. My wife still can't believe I want a Chevy I have been trying to educate her that this "ain't" no common car regardless of who makes it!!!

Quick Reply: So, what is it like?