Sponsored by:

Dual racing stripes with carbon fiber roof question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 PM
euson2
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dual racing stripes with carbon fiber roof question

When ordering the dual racing stripes with the carbon fiber roof, do the stripes lay on top of the roof? The Configurator shows it this way but I wasn't sure if it was a mistake?

Also, does anyone know how the red stripes look with a red interior since they are slightly different color? Thinking of ordering Arctic White, red interior, red stripes.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2014, 11:19 PM
bigdaddyj25
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm wondering the same thing and my dealer doesn't know. I would like to also know if they are laid over the carbon fiber roof how hard would they be to remove if you didn't like the look. My car is blade sliver with black stripes.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Tire Guy
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by euson2
When ordering the dual racing stripes with the carbon fiber roof, do the stripes lay on top of the roof? The Configurator shows it this way but I wasn't sure if it was a mistake?

Also, does anyone know how the red stripes look with a red interior since they are slightly different color? Thinking of ordering Arctic White, red interior, red stripes.

Thanks
Hey, you are building my car! I too have the same question.

Tire Guy
Old 01-10-2014, 08:49 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't think I'd want to pay a lot extra for the exposed CF, then pay even more to cover it up with stripes.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Mecholova
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

According to my sales person at Kerbecks, the dual stipes will go over the exposed CF tops
Old 01-10-2014, 12:03 PM
bigdaddyj25
Instructor

Well that's kind of what I was thinking as well, and to be honest I really not sure it will look to good. The other option is to have them painted on I guess, and just leave them off the top. Any comments on how that might look?
Old 01-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Tire Guy
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

No stripes on this one. Roof that is...

This is how I want mine. Just a matter of screwing up my courage to sell the C6.

Last edited by Tire Guy; 01-10-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 PM
FOOTR 1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tire Guy
No stripes on this one. Roof that is...

This is how I want mine. Just a matter of screwing up my courage to sell the C6.

Yes photo is correct from what Im being told. I ordered the transparent roof and the painted roof option along with the dual stripes on CRT. Im told they will put the stripes on the painted roof but not on the CF or transparent roof. My car comes off the line Monday. They will send me a pic shorty there after. I will repost and see how it comes out. The only reason they are sending me a pic is Im taking R8C and paid for the build album.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 PM
FOOTR 1
Racer

Originally Posted by Mecholova
According to my sales person at Kerbecks, the dual stipes will go over the exposed CF tops
Thats what the build site shows but they wont actually come that way. It would look stupid.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:33 PM
euson2
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am thinking of changing my order to the black stinger with CF roof. I am worried the stripes will be too much color although the red stripes are really tough.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 PM
thespymaster
Racer

For the C7 I won, just ordered LB with Painted roof with CF stripes
Old 01-11-2014, 08:17 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

just wait and get the aftermarket stripe kit, then you can do it the way you want...it's not difficult at all to install stripes.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Dual stripes

Originally Posted by FOOTR 1
Yes photo is correct from what Im being told. I ordered the transparent roof and the painted roof option along with the dual stripes on CRT. Im told they will put the stripes on the painted roof but not on the CF or transparent roof. My car comes off the line Monday. They will send me a pic shorty there after. I will repost and see how it comes out. The only reason they are sending me a pic is Im taking R8C and paid for the build album.
Criswell has a BLADE SILVER WITH TRANSPARENT ROOF AND DUAL BLACK STRIPES AND THE THE STRIPES ARE ON THE TRANSPARENT ROOF,FROM THE OUTSIDE THEY DONT STAND OUT BUT LOOKING FROM THE INSIDE TO THE OUTSIDE THEY ARE VISIBLE. I TOOK PHOTOS BUT DOESN't SHOW IN PHOTOS.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:05 AM
FOOTR 1
Racer

Originally Posted by #003
Criswell has a BLADE SILVER WITH TRANSPARENT ROOF AND DUAL BLACK STRIPES AND THE THE STRIPES ARE ON THE TRANSPARENT ROOF,FROM THE OUTSIDE THEY DONT STAND OUT BUT LOOKING FROM THE INSIDE TO THE OUTSIDE THEY ARE VISIBLE. I TOOK PHOTOS BUT DOESN't SHOW IN PHOTOS.
If thats the case I stand corrected. I will ask the NCM to remove them before I leave Bowling Green.

Get notified of new replies

To Dual racing stripes with carbon fiber roof question

Quick Reply: Dual racing stripes with carbon fiber roof question