Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 05:07 PM
tentorium
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glen e
whew!

In before the change....

in these pics, I like my cyber gray a lot better....

Although I like the new gray, I'm not sure it will be as lively as our CGM can be under certain conditions.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 PM
repo czar
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts

Well, I don't like this. I had two Velocity Yellow C-6s (2005 and 2011) and my C-7 is Velocity Yellow. If they replace it with Gold I am OK. If there is no Gold then the new Yellow better be good or I'm not buying one.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 PM
fundando
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is real nice. excited to see one at my dealer
Old 01-14-2014, 05:10 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Really like the new grey. It looks nothing like Pewter. Pewter had a tan/champagne aspect to it which this one doesn't. It's just a medium metallic grey. If anything it's more similar to Dark Spiral Grey Metallic on the C5, but it's a good bit lighter and less "blue" than that was.

Regarding the yellow... I'll have to see it. I love yellow cars and, like many on here, I see Velocity Yellow as the perfect yellow. It's bright without being pale and has no orange/red/school bus tones to it. I used to have a Millennium Yellow car which I loved, but as soon as VY came out I hated the color since it looked orangey in comparity. I can only hope it's a lightly lighter like Ferrari's Fly Yellow without being pale... please don't be pale/pastel.

The article states the C7R and Z06 shown yesterday were Velocity, but the new race cars racing at this year will be the new yellow. Does this mean the spy shots of the camo'd cars testing with the doors open are the new color?

Old 01-14-2014, 05:10 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Really like the new grey. It looks nothing like Pewter. Pewter had a tan/champagne aspect to it which this one doesn't. It's just a medium metallic grey. If anything it's more similar to Dark Spiral Grey Metallic on the C5, but it's a good bit lighter and less "blue" than that was.

Regarding the yellow... I'll have to see it. I love yellow cars and, like many on here, I see Velocity Yellow as the perfect yellow. It's bright without being pale and has no orange/red/school bus tones to it. I used to have a Millennium Yellow car which I loved, but as soon as VY came out I hated the color since it looked orangey in comparity. I can only hope it's a lightly lighter like Ferrari's Fly Yellow without being pale... please don't be pale/pastel.

The article states the C7R and Z06 shown yesterday were Velocity, but the new race cars racing at this year will be the new yellow. Does this mean the spy shots of the camo'd cars testing with the doors open are the new color?

Old 01-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Edward Weaver
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

whew!

In before the change....

in these pics, I like my cyber gray a lot better....
I am with you. I am glad I have my Cyber Gray Metallic already. I would not choose this gray shade.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Edward Weaver
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Houston Z33
Well I be damned, Lime Rock Green and Night Race Blue made the cut for 2015 lol

I didn't see Cyber Grey and Yellow getting changed.
Yeah, I would think that those would have been cut before CG.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Tannman
Racer

I like the new gray. In the photo, it looks a lot like the Pewter that I had on my 99 Fixed Roof Coupe.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:59 PM
IAmCole
Advanced

I think both colors look great. But if you ask me, it's really hard to make the C7 look bad. Personally, I'd choose Cyber Gray (in fact I did).

I'm actually kind of glad it's going away though. I'll enjoy the facts that you can no longer buy my car and that the roads won't become cluttered with cars looking too similar to mine. Plus I'm not really sure of the numbers, but lets say 1/5 of this year's vettes are CG and they sell 25k total vettes. That means only 5k people have the same color as mine...add in other options that I have that aren't exactly out there in huge %'s (exposed carbon fiber roof, stinger stripe, yellow calipers), I figure I have a car that is pretty uniquely mine compared to anything else I could get for the price.

Plus, I had actually started to think about if I should've waited till 2015 to order my car (seeing as we're already to January and mine just now got built). But the fact that I couldn't have bought a CG 2015 makes me feel much better about buying the 2014 without the built in dash cam and such.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:16 PM
thebeastifier
Advanced

This actually pisses me off. Cyber gray is my favorite color by far, and you would think Chevy loves it too considering that they unveiled a Cyber Gray C7 and even put a Cyber Gray in the commercials. And I have a hard time believing that Lime Rock green and Night Race blue outsold the CGM, so what?

I wanted to wait til the 2015 for the dash cam and because I generally don't like buying first years, but if this is true I might have to just shell out for the 2014. The new gray is bleh in my opinion, if I wanted that shade I'd just go with silver.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
How can they approve upon Velocity Yellow?
They can't improve it.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:34 PM
SWO99
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Corgidog1
Nice work GM-went from a gorgeous cyber grey to basically Battleship grey with a shine.
No qualms with BB (or haze grey) for me!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:40 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerski
I like Cyber gray much better
Old 01-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Edward Weaver
I am with you. I am glad I have my Cyber Gray Metallic already. I would not choose this gray shade.
the more I think about it and read other comments here, as a cyber gray owner, I am ecstatic about this news, it means I won't be seeing my color on the highways as much in a few years and I'll be more exclusive....Cyber gray also mutes the black vents more than any other color avail, without them going away like the black option. Thank you Chevrolet....
Old 01-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts

the more I think about it and read other comments here, as a cyber gray owner, I am ecstatic about this news, it means I won't be seeing my color on the highways as much in a few years and I'll be more exclusive....Cyber gray also mutes the black vents more than any other color avail, without them going away like the black option. Thank you Chevrolet....
I'm with Glen e on this!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:07 PM
proexpert
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

OMG that new gray is the ticket for me woo hoo

<----------------

Last edited by proexpert; 01-14-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:12 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

The only constant is white, as it should be.

Get notified of new replies

To Cyber Gray and Velocity Yellow Ending in 2014, New Gray and Yellow for 2015

Old 01-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Gotta-Qik-C7
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Racerdj
They can't improve it.
Agreed!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:47 PM
thebeastifier
Advanced

Anyone want to start a petition to keep cyber gray for at least one more year? Please?
Old 01-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Highway 61
Pro

Location: Between Forest Lake and White Bear Lake in the Land of 10,000+ lakes
Received 41 Likes on 18 Posts

I was leaning towards the Cyber Gray when I order mine in about three months, but now I am 100% sure what color I want. I agree with Glen on all points and yes, thank you Chevrolet.

Quick Reply: Cyber Gray and Velocity Yellow Ending in 2014, New Gray and Yellow for 2015