Sponsored by:

You da the man rick "corvette" conti

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 05:28 PM
MiamiC7
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default You da the man rick "corvette" conti

To Forum Member: I posted yesterday that Rick "Corvette" Conti did not return my phone calls or messages. Well, this morning, Rick called me back and addressed all my concerns and honored his word and submitted my order to GM for production. Hopefully my Vert will arrive sooner than later so I can enjoy the winter months in S. Fla with the top down. I believe this Forum is an opportunity for all members to post their experiences, whether good or bad for all viewers to read. Rick is a stand up guy. Many posted inappropriate comments about me and Rick and asked why I went with Rick, opposed to a local dealer. Well, there are many reasons, but the most important one is that Rick is knowledgeable and passionate about the product he sells. That is important to me. I believe Rick would benefit immensely from hiring an assistant who can help Rick field, answer and address inquires and concerns from his customers, as every salesman should always make their client feel important. Rick appears to be overwhelmed and unfortunately, he is unable to communicate back with customers and potential customers. Everyone makes mistakes, but sometimes it is not the mistake, but taking responsibility, rectifying and learning from it.
Rick made good on his mistake to me and I appreciate his phone call today and submitting my order to be accepted by GM for eventual production. Hopefully, Rick will hire an assistant or two to help with his workload. He is a great guy who stands for what he believes and speaks straight, sometimes with a little flare. I appreciate his candidness. Anyone thinking of buying a Vette should definitely call Rick as he is knowledgeable and passionate about the new Vette and the upcoming Bad *** Z06. I will keep posting my experiences and looking forward to taking delivery of my new Black 3LTZ51 Vert with Adrenaline Red Interior, Black Wheels, Mag Ride and performance pipes. Thank you.
Anthony.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:42 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

So....you started this crap storm yesterday, resulting in 2 threads being locked, and now you and Rick are best pals?

Jimmy
Old 01-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Slappy3243
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

You realize the damage you did cannot be undone, right?
Old 01-23-2014, 05:46 PM
magredrod
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

GLAD you were able to connect with Rick and all seems well and the drama can be behind us as that thread had quite the audience the last 24 hours. Rick has been my dealer (since just before the Christmas plant shutdown) for a museum delivery coming up for me in late Feb/early March. I've had nothing but good experience dealing with him and will most likely use him again when it's time to buy my 4th Vette for the stable (a '15 Z06)!

Again, glad you've now had the same experience as so many other forum members.

Lastly, I think it says a lot that Rick was the only CF dealer at the Z06 Reveal in Detroit and kept all of those interested well informed!

Rod

PS: My order went from 0-3000 in a week for a Z51, 3LT with numerous options while I see many other folks still below 3000 after weeks and or even months.

Last edited by magredrod; 01-23-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:47 PM
Sidepiper
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
So....you started this crap storm yesterday, resulting in 2 threads being locked, and now you and Rick are best pals?

Jimmy
No, He's taking the time to say Rick made it right.....which is what he should do.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:51 PM
01VETTECOP
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

You made a complete jerk out of the guy and now your falling on the sword !

Your a Winner !
Old 01-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 933 Likes on 488 Posts
Tech Contributor

wow....
Old 01-23-2014, 05:56 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiC7
I will keep posting my experiences
Anthony.
Probably NOT a good idea based upon the stir that was caused (however, I for one think it's good for people to hear the truth).

However, I do believe it was enlightening to see how many other members had some similar experiences regarding the lack of communication.

Good luck moving forward...
Old 01-23-2014, 05:59 PM
C2C3C4C6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP
You made a complete jerk out of the guy and now your falling on the sword !

Your a Winner !
No, he's an attorney!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

To Forum Member: I posted yesterday that Rick "Corvette" Conti did not return my phone calls or messages. Well, this morning, Rick called me back and addressed all my concerns and honored his word and submitted my order to GM for production. Hopefully my Vert will arrive sooner than later so I can enjoy the winter months in S. Fla with the top down. I believe this Forum is an opportunity for all members to post their experiences, whether good or bad for all viewers to read. Rick is a stand up guy. Many posted inappropriate comments about me and Rick and asked why I went with Rick, opposed to a local dealer. Well, there are many reasons, but the most important one is that Rick is knowledgeable and passionate about the product he sells. That is important to me. I believe Rick would benefit immensely from hiring an assistant who can help Rick field, answer and address inquires and concerns from his customers, as every salesman should always make their client feel important. Rick appears to be overwhelmed and unfortunately, he is unable to communicate back with customers and potential customers. Everyone makes mistakes, but sometimes it is not the mistake, but taking responsibility, rectifying and learning from it.
Rick made good on his mistake to me and I appreciate his phone call today and submitting my order to be accepted by GM for eventual production. Hopefully, Rick will hire an assistant or two to help with his workload. He is a great guy who stands for what he believes and speaks straight, sometimes with a little flare. I appreciate his candidness. Anyone thinking of buying a Vette should definitely call Rick as he is knowledgeable and passionate about the new Vette and the upcoming Bad *** Z06. I will keep posting my experiences and looking forward to taking delivery of my new Black 3LTZ51 Vert with Adrenaline Red Interior, Black Wheels, Mag Ride and performance pipes. Thank you.
Anthony.
Great to read, Anthony. I sincerely hope it all works out for you, given what you were put through....

Originally Posted by jimmyb

Jimmy
See below.......

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
You realize the damage you did cannot be undone, right?
What damage? Anthony told the tale of events as he knew them. He did no damage.

Some ppl don't seem to realize the frustration level that was created by the salesman refusing to return multiple; emails/texts/phone calls.

Conti had been MIA for 5 weeks. Magically, a reply from Conti surfaced exactly 37 minutes after Anthony posted his write-up here yesterday.

How long was Anthony supposed to wait for any reply??
Old 01-23-2014, 06:45 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The OP did nothing wrong in his original post. He was factual and he brought to many others attention that this clearly is an ongoing problem. People should be aware that they may or may not get good service at this particular dealer. Clearly others have had this exact same issue no reason to get defensive because others didn't have the exact same great experience you had.

Dave

Last edited by T_Vert; 01-23-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Stingray Sam
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Conti had been MIA for 5 weeks. Magically, a reply from Conti surfaced exactly 37 minutes after Anthony posted his write-up here yesterday.

How long was Anthony supposed to wait for any reply??
I'm not sure what you mean. I've communicated with him several times over that time period. He hasn't been "MIA". He said he was sick since returning from NAIAS. I take him at his word.

As for the OP, I thought his initial thread on the matter was a little premature, but I respect him for coming in and starting this thread to correct the record.

IMO, unrealistic expectations are the single biggest source of human misery, especially when those unrealistic expectations involve others. And don't confuse unrealistic expectation with high expectations. High expectations are a pathway to excellence. Unrealistic expectations are a setup for disappointment.

I think that was what Rick meant in his response. The bottom line is that people go to him to get the car they want, configured the way they want it, in a reasonable period of time. By those metrics, Rick delivers. IMO, all the other stuff is just unnecessary drama.

If you've never made a mistake, Joe, then you should feel free to continue your indignant response to someone else's issue. Otherwise, cut Rick a break. As the old Indian saying goes, don't judge another man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:23 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

WTF is wrong with some on here? You sound ignorant or like plain low-lives!!!

People come up with some of the stupidest threads on here like "do you let your dog breath on your car?" or "my mother in law wants to sit in my car...what do I do?" and etc!!! Yet when someone makes a legitimate thread and complaint and you talk sh*t about him??

He has the right to do it even if it's a Forum Vendor. What, is this a dictatorship and no one can voice a complaint about a vendor? And it's funny that he couldn't get his calls returned, but as soon as a complaint thread came up he magically got a call back lol. Rick doesn't seem too busy as to promote himself every chance he gets but too busy to answer clients calls? I too gave Rick a call a few months ago and after four attempts I gave up on him. And his initial response in the other thread seemed too in your face and not so professional. If I talk to my clients that way they would say go F OFF.

Last edited by DaveFerrari458; 01-23-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:27 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

I also read I the other party that he was updating his blogs during the same period he was not contacting the OP back. This is called corvette forum blinders.. Pretty prevalent around here.. sad..

Last edited by T_Vert; 01-23-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:30 PM
asphaltrecycler
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texex91
Probably NOT a good idea based upon the stir that was caused (however, I for one think it's good for people to hear the truth).

However, I do believe it was enlightening to see how many other members had some similar experiences regarding the lack of communication.

Good luck moving forward...
Hey pal…let it go, will ya? Someday, when you might make a mistake, our old friend karma is going to be there to greet you…That is where that "luck" you mention might be needed….

Now, about that sandwich I referenced in a previous thread….
Old 01-23-2014, 07:30 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 595 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

Also as an FYI you pulled this : on the GUYS FRIGGIN BIRTHDAY !!!!!!

You sir should be ashamed of your self.

Rick is a great guy and he is a one man Show.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:35 PM
asphaltrecycler
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anthony.
Well, you started a pretty good s#itstorm, which made for a great day at the office! Frankly, I am shocked at the number of heartless ****** there are that share my interest in this automobile. Most of us humans get overwhelmed from time to time and look for a little slack when we drop the ball.... Good for you at least manning up and not hiding behind your stage name..Long live black wheels!

Get notified of new replies

To You da the man rick "corvette" conti

Old 01-23-2014, 07:38 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by burtonbl103
Also as an FYI you pulled this : on the GUYS FRIGGIN BIRTHDAY !!!!!!

You sir should be ashamed of your self.

Rick is a great guy and he is a one man Show.

Wow some of you are beyond belief!! He definitely made Rick not respond for 5 weeks. Shame on him for taking away all forms of his electronic communication devices. And in his birthday. Wish I could get away from returning customer inquires for over a month during my birthday.

Last edited by T_Vert; 01-23-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:43 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Originally Posted by T_Vert
Wow some of you are beyond belief!! He definitely made Rick not respond for 5 weeks. Shame on him for taking away all forms of his electronic communication devices.

Ok
He ordered a car when the plant was shut down before the holidays.

Now they are JUST STARTING to run production now.

What part don't you get.

And there is more to the story as far as I am concerned.
I have dealt with Rick since 2005 and never had an issue .

And in the past 2 weeks he was out at Detroit and then sick and trying to deliver many cars.

I have called other dealers like Kerbeck and Macmulkin in the past and NEVER gotten a call back.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:46 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Originally Posted by T_Vert
Wow some of you are beyond belief!! He definitely made Rick not respond for 5 weeks. Shame on him for taking away all forms of his electronic communication devices. And in his birthday. Wish I could get away from returning customer inquires for over a month during my birthday.
nice edit.

Just saying jack *** move.

And I don't believe OP tried all that he is saying .
Again I have dealt with Rick and he is the real deal never had an issue.

And he is human . Some of you guys on here need to relax.

Quick Reply: You da the man rick "corvette" conti