Sponsored by:

My Dealer is permanently declining to service my C7

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 12:04 AM
GonzoTheGreat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Dealer is permanently declining to service my C7

I have had a rather difficult relationship with my dealership over the past 7 years or so. I had a 2008 C6 I bought new from them, that racked up about 11 months in their shop (on and off again) over the 5 years i owned it. I swore that for my C7 i wouldn't buy from them, but they guaranteed a good price and one of the first 1500 off the line. Which they followed through.

But as previous, the sale is easy, the service is abysmal. I have a laundry list of minor and medium issues, but the big problem is the transmission, that grinds gears way too frequently across the RPM range.

I call to get on their books, and my service tech says he'll give me a call back. I call everyday for the next week and I don't hear anything from them. I the Sales Manager, and I finally get a call from the Service manager. He and I have long long history with my C6. His tone was dismissive and slightly rude. Like a 8 year old who is having to apologize for something they don't feel sorry for doing. Eventually he says, "If we can't get you in you should consider another dealership for service"

After that call, I call Chevy customer care. They escalate my case. Today on my way home from work, I get a call from GM, they said after reviewing my case and talking the dealership, the dealership is no longer going to offer to service my vehicle. The line they said "<The Dealership> is a private company and choose who they service and who they don't"

Fortunately, there are a number of chevy dealers in my area. But this just silly. I guess i'm a little spoiled with my Audi dealership and my S5, I call them up, give them an issue description, drive in, they give me a comparable loaner (once they gave me an R8 for the day), and I leave. In a couple of occasions they have even come to my office with a loaner and taken my S5. I never ever heard them say "We weren't able to reproduce so we did nothing" unlike my chevy dealership.

I know I'm ranting, but you would think if a customer has spend hundreds of thousands of dollars with you, you'd treat them with a little respect.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

Just out of curiosity, have you been giving them bad service cust satisfaction surveys in the past 7 years?

I've been saying this for months....GM has little control over their dealers....like any other mfr...just find another dealer, it's not like there is one chevy dealer in a metro area...
Old 01-24-2014, 12:16 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

If you've had a history of service problems with this dealership, why would you even consider going back to them?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:19 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

You should express in this very thread the NAME OF THE DEALERSHIP AND THE CITY, so everyone knows who they are.

Everyone ON THIS FORUM should spread the word about this dealership to as many people as they can.

In addition, once this thread gets to be 5+ pages long, print every page and highlight all the negative comments people make about this dealership. Then, take the printout to the service manager and shove it... Well, don't do THAT, but share the entire printout with the service manager and offer to do a read along with him.

I have some friends that just moved to Austin, so I'd be happy to ask them to spread the bad news about this dealership too.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 01-24-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:21 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
If you've had a history of service problems with this dealership, why would you even consider going back to them?
I give them two chances and that's it...sounds to me like you're a gluten for punishment.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:23 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverC6AZ
You should express in this very thread the NAME OF THE DEALERSHIP AND THE CITY, so everyone knows who they are.

Everyone ON THIS FORUM should spread the word about this dealership to as many people as they can.

In addition, once this thread gets to be 5+ pages long, print every page and highlight all the negative comments people make about this dealership. Then, take the printout to the service manager and shove it... Well, don't do THAT, but share the entire printout with the service manager and offer to do a read along with him.

I have some friends that just moved to Austin, so I'd be happy to ask them to spread the bad news about this dealership too.
Yeah that will go well.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:24 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
I get where you are coming from, and I would not go back to them if it were me, but the world needs to know who they are and what they did.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:24 AM
itsonlyairandfuel
Drifting

Received 384 Likes on 241 Posts

I think they just got tired of you. Try another dealer. Life goes on. Ron B.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

I get where you are coming from, and I would not go back to them if it were me, but the world needs to know who they are and what they did.
you have no idea what "they did"

there are two sides to every story and all we hear here is one side...
Old 01-24-2014, 12:29 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
you have no idea what "they did"

there are two sides to every story and all we hear here is one side...
Old 01-24-2014, 12:50 AM
GonzoTheGreat
Advanced

Originally Posted by Glen e
Just out of curiosity, have you been giving them bad service cust satisfaction surveys in the past 7 years?

I've been saying this for months....GM has little control over their dealers....like any other mfr...just find another dealer, it's not like there is one chevy dealer in a metro area...
Indeed I have, the problem with the surveys is it's all or nothing. GM has built this environment without gray areas, so rather than service manager seeing something as potential 80% score he sees a 0%. So why bother when your review, salary and metrics are directly tied to that?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:52 AM
GonzoTheGreat
Advanced

Since a lot of this is still in flux, i'd rather not name the dealership. Some one else asked why go back... the sales staff is great and they have always come through for me. This is 1.) a rant and 2.) not trying to burn too many bridges.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:05 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
I have had a rather difficult relationship with my dealership over the past 7 years or so. I had a 2008 C6 I bought new from them, that racked up about 11 months in their shop (on and off again) over the 5 years i owned it. I swore that for my C7 i wouldn't buy from them, but they guaranteed a good price and one of the first 1500 off the line. Which they followed through.

But as previous, the sale is easy, the service is abysmal. I have a laundry list of minor and medium issues, but the big problem is the transmission, that grinds gears way too frequently across the RPM range.

I call to get on their books, and my service tech says he'll give me a call back. I call everyday for the next week and I don't hear anything from them. I the Sales Manager, and I finally get a call from the Service manager. He and I have long long history with my C6. His tone was dismissive and slightly rude. Like a 8 year old who is having to apologize for something they don't feel sorry for doing. Eventually he says, "If we can't get you in you should consider another dealership for service"

After that call, I call Chevy customer care. They escalate my case. Today on my way home from work, I get a call from GM, they said after reviewing my case and talking the dealership, the dealership is no longer going to offer to service my vehicle. The line they said "<The Dealership> is a private company and choose who they service and who they don't"

Fortunately, there are a number of chevy dealers in my area. But this just silly. I guess i'm a little spoiled with my Audi dealership and my S5, I call them up, give them an issue description, drive in, they give me a comparable loaner (once they gave me an R8 for the day), and I leave. In a couple of occasions they have even come to my office with a loaner and taken my S5. I never ever heard them say "We weren't able to reproduce so we did nothing" unlike my chevy dealership.

I know I'm ranting, but you would think if a customer has spend hundreds of thousands of dollars with you, you'd treat them with a little respect.
actually, i would not think that. im too familiar with GMs financial position, and their attitude, going back to the 60s--whats good for GM is good for the usa. that is not the slogan of a company i would ever want to do business with. unfortunately, i went against my own gut, after my last American car, and bought a C7--2 months ago, not yet received, of course. after reading the many quotes like yours here, i wish i never bought it. i do not want to spend my time getting into fights with some dealer, over something they should be doing without hesitation. rant on--youve hit the nail on the head.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:15 AM
Dusty Starbucks
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet another funnier than hell thread. I hate the service at the dealer. The service sucks. My car spent 9 of the last 10 years in there. I have a bunch of trivial issues with trying to shift so I grind the crap out of things... Blah blah blah.

Personally, I can't see why they wouldn't want to bend over backwards for you. I mean after all, you are the customer. Buy a Prius and get on with your life, geesh!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:30 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Wow with the issues you had with the C6 I would of chosen another dealership for service, I have had that in the 80s with an Audi we owned in Omaha, bad thing only one dealership there.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:25 AM
jkcam6017
Burning Brakes

Without even knowing the dealer, I'm on their side on this one.

......just kidding.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:31 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I was dating a girl years ago that was really a great girl. She did have a personality flaw. I broke up with her. Then I went back and dated her again. Low and behold that flaw popped up again. Fool me once shame on you...Fool me twice shame on me...

Get notified of new replies

To My Dealer is permanently declining to service my C7

Old 01-24-2014, 06:42 AM
sweeper
Instructor

First time shame on them.
Second time shame on you.
I understand there are bad dealers and there are bad coustmers. Would love to hear their side. But, you are correct about Audi. Wife has a A6 and you cannot beat thier sales and service departments. Wife takes care of her own car and she always leaves happy with a freshly washed car. GM could learn something from them.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:43 AM
asphaltrecycler
Instructor

I had a similar experience with a Range Rover I had a few years ago. Let's just say it required extra attention from the service department. To the point that the service manager let me know that the car had $11k n warranty claims in 9 months. That was the end of that relationship…That dealership was in my hometown. I fixed him though, I brought my car to the next closest dealership for the remainder of the warranty…which was 30 miles away..
Since then, I went to big German brands, and realized they pretty much sucked too. Frankly, I would rather not have loaner cars, escalate my issues to the service manager etc. I just want a vehicle that works.
Really happy where I ended up. Oil changes every 4k and no one in the service department has a clue who I am.
Point is, if you can find a good vehicle and a solid dealership that stands behind it, that is about as good as it gets...
Old 01-24-2014, 06:53 AM
ENCT
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the 2 sides for every story, some customers cannot be made happy so maybe a better idea if you both move on. The worst service I have ever had was on our Audi, so bad I will not do business at this dealership anymore. I will not rant about it I just moved on.
Eric

Quick Reply: My Dealer is permanently declining to service my C7