C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will be ordering my new Z06 Convertable, where?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 09:10 PM
jdf14
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default will be ordering my new Z06 Convertable, where?

I am on Long Island in NY, I was thinking of driving down to Kerbeck, rather than getting it locally but, what happens when I need service, especially for something that is warrantied?
Old 01-26-2014, 09:12 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,365 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

You don't have to take it to the dealer from who you bought it for warranty work. Any dealer can do it.

Check out the larger forum dealers and shop for your best deal. You'll be fine
Old 01-26-2014, 09:22 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Please let us all know when you find a dealer that's taking orders for Z06 convertibles.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:23 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 907 Likes on 473 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Please let us all know when you find a dealer that's taking orders for Z06 convertibles.

silly.....
Old 01-26-2014, 09:32 PM
jdf14
Advanced

Seems like all the dealers here on Long Island, NY are taking orders-maybe the Rockies are barring transportation?-LOL
Joe
Old 01-26-2014, 09:38 PM
jdf14
Advanced

Originally Posted by KenHorse
You don't have to take it to the dealer from who you bought it for warranty work. Any dealer can do it.

Check out the larger forum dealers and shop for your best deal. You'll be fine
thanks Ken, I wanted to but, always have concerns with Dealership high jinx! Is anyone aware of a Chevy dealer on Long Island NY that has an excellent Corvette mechanic?
Joe
Old 01-26-2014, 09:48 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Originally Posted by jdf14
Seems like all the dealers here on Long Island, NY are taking orders-maybe the Rockies are barring transportation?-LOL
Joe
Really? That's fascinating. How much of a deposit is required for a Z06 convertible?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:22 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

I am on Long Island in NY, I was thinking of driving down to Kerbeck, rather than getting it locally but, what happens when I need service, especially for something that is warrantied?
Pardon the other guys yanking your chain, but what they're gently trying to break to you is that the Z06 convertible option hasn't been announced, so there's no way to order one.

Most likely there WILL be one, and GM is holding off on the public proclamation for a few months like they did for the Stingray vert, just to keep everybody interested by dribbling out information over the next year until production is well underway. If so, I'm getting one too (and selling my house and living in a poncho liner, oh well). You won't have any problem with warranty service at any Chevy dealer that's Corvette qualified, and if you do, rat them out to GM.

If there's no Z06 convertible, then I don't know what you'll do, but I'll be trading in the C6 for a Viper and rolling down the windows.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Balthazar_B
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I predict there'll be a C7 version of the 427 convertible (basically a Z06 convertible) in 2019 or 2020, the last year of the C7 run. Save your pennies.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:31 PM
steve8
Race Director

Received 914 Likes on 450 Posts

As of now no plans for a Z06 convertable, or a Z06 convertible.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:56 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
Most likely there WILL be one, and GM is holding off on the public proclamation for a few months like they did for the Stingray vert, just to keep everybody interested by dribbling out information over the next year until production is well underway.
Do you have a source for this or are you simply guessing? BTW, GM didn't hold off one bit in announcing that there'd be a Stingray convertible; in fact, they were very clear in stating from the very beginning that there'd be one and that production would begin several months after the onset of coupe production. I don't mean to sound harsh but when people come here and express opinions and speculation as though they're fact all it does is confuse folks.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:00 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

thanks Ken, I wanted to but, always have concerns with Dealership high jinx! Is anyone aware of a Chevy dealer on Long Island NY that has an excellent Corvette mechanic?
Joe
others on here have listed several like Atlantic, Smithtown, Arnold, etc. I'll send you a list and you can contact the CF person recommending them.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:12 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Do you have a source for this or are you simply guessing? BTW, GM didn't hold off one bit in announcing that there'd be a Stingray convertible; in fact, they were very clear in stating from the very beginning that there'd be one and that production would begin several months after the onset of coupe production. I don't mean to sound harsh but when people come here and express opinions and speculation as though they're fact all it does is confuse folks.
As to the Z06 convertible, it's a highly educated guess, based on the fact that 2013 427 verts outsold 2013 Z06s about five to one and the fact that the C7 structure is stiff enough to allow for a targa top. I said it was LIKELY not CERTAIN, and if GM refuses to cave to the proven demand for a powerful vert, I already have plans to relieve a poor desperate Dodge I mean SRT dealer of an underappreciated snake.

As to when GM announced the Stingray vert, how about reviewing the entire reveal from "One Thirteen Thirteen" and let us know at what point they mentioned anything about a convertible. You don't sound harsh; you just sound like you need a memory refresher.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:39 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

I wasted weeks fooling around with my small local dealers who could not produce. Think BIG.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:27 PM
jdf14
Advanced

Default Contacted the Dealer here is what was said

So, after reading all your responses it begins to make me worry, (the deposit was $1,000); I just got it back from a visit with the dealer who refunded my deposit. Why, well the dealer thought I wanted the Z51!
Now I know my concern was correct, he didn't know what he was talking about.
I have to go to a "Corvette dealer", so Kerbeck is probably the one I will go to. Since the Z06 is out at this time, I will pursue the convertible, yes I will go the Z51 route at this point-I did not tell the dealer I just got my refund back from.
Leaving me to my original concern of, what dealership in my area (eastern Nassau county-on Long Island NY) has knowledge of servicing Corvettes, since it obvious they don't know how to sell them! There are numerous dealers in my area would any of you gents recommend any for servicing?
thanks again all,
Joe
Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 PM
jdf14
Advanced

Originally Posted by AORoads
others on here have listed several like Atlantic, Smithtown, Arnold, etc. I'll send you a list and you can contact the CF person recommending them.
thank you so much, you have really helped make me a lot more confident in this most exciting time!
I appreciate the list.

regards,
Joe
Old 01-27-2014, 09:30 PM
DalTexVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/01/11/e...ongside-coupe/

Get notified of new replies

To will be ordering my new Z06 Convertable, where?

Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 PM
jdf14
Advanced

Originally Posted by C7Joy
I wasted weeks fooling around with my small local dealers who could not produce. Think BIG.
C7Joy,
yeah learned my lesson, as you can imagine if they don't know the difference between Z06 and Z51!!! I will take the 3hr ride to Atlantic City to order it from someone that knows.
Regards,
Joe
Old 01-27-2014, 09:40 PM
MKenM
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 120 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18,'21

Joe

They just announced the Z06 as a great track/street car. I would say that any dealer that takes your money for a Z06 convertible is doing just that. They will not make the Z06 for now in a vert. They said in the roll out that GM will start taking orders in the fall for late 2014 delivery. Hold your money for now. You will see more info when the 2014 production ceases in June/July.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:11 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

So, after reading all your responses it begins to make me worry, (the deposit was $1,000); I just got it back from a visit with the dealer who refunded my deposit. Why, well the dealer thought I wanted the Z51!
Now I know my concern was correct, he didn't know what he was talking about.
I have to go to a "Corvette dealer", so Kerbeck is probably the one I will go to. Since the Z06 is out at this time, I will pursue the convertible, yes I will go the Z51 route at this point-I did not tell the dealer I just got my refund back from.
Leaving me to my original concern of, what dealership in my area (eastern Nassau county-on Long Island NY) has knowledge of servicing Corvettes, since it obvious they don't know how to sell them! There are numerous dealers in my area would any of you gents recommend any for servicing?
thanks again all,
Joe
I've read your posts several times but they're still a bit confusing. Do you know that there is no such thing as a Z06 convertible? From your posts, I honestly can't tell if you're aware of that.

Quick Reply: will be ordering my new Z06 Convertable, where?