Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 1LT (Z51) buyers out there??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 09:46 AM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Any 1LT (Z51) buyers out there??

So realizing that HUD won't work with polarized lenses, it's really making me look at the 1LT (Z51) and trade off's of 2LT. Especially since it's not my daily driver:

- If HUD won't work with my sunglasses can't use it anyways,
- I don't care about heated seats, home link (can never get to work anyways),
- Premium sound--(well that would be nice--any 1LT how's sound?),
- Seat emblems (rip shirts I hear),
- Auto dimming mirrors (that actually is a nice to have),
- Memory package (no drives it but me),
- 'Enhanced theft' (well that's what you have OnStar for--they can track your car if stolen),
- Luggage shade - LOL

Hmmm, since not my everyday driver, might be a good call...especially since I'm going blk/blk.

THOUGHTS???....
Old 01-27-2014, 09:52 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

I wear polarized sunglasses and have no issues with the HUD.

Home link works fine for me.

Unless they are somehow damaged, the seat emblems won't rip anything.

The enhanced security includes and interior sensor to detect intrusion, for example if you have the top off and someone reaches in.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:03 AM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by -CM-
I wear polarized sunglasses and have no issues with the HUD.

Home link works fine for me.

Unless they are somehow damaged, the seat emblems won't rip anything.

The enhanced security includes and interior sensor to detect intrusion, for example if you have the top off and someone reaches in.
Would be interested to hear others--as I think it may depend on brand of polarized. If mine were not prescription, I could just get some non-polarized--but that won't work in my case. Does not work on any other HUD system.

Think point on home link, if used it everyday yes, but just take garage door opener.

As to security, not worried, as I'm not leaving top off in bad places for people to lean in...but could see if daily driver for some.

Emblem--that could really careless about.

IF this were my everyday driver, I think 2LT would be mandatory. But considering it's more of a weekend/take it out when I want kinda car, just wondering if it's work an extra $5K (not trying to be cheap--just really wondering if worth investment for the amount of use). I also tend to flip cars every year.

Last edited by astrotx; 01-27-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:37 AM
rstrait
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you've made your decision based on what you do and don't value. It's an easy decision for me, 1LT. I've done fine without the HUD on my C6 and since I wear polarized prescription sunglasses all the time during driving season it's a no go for me. I haven't driven my C6 at night in the 2 years I've owned it so I'm guessing it'll be the same with the C7. I don't need navigation, I only drive my fun car around where I live. The only thing I would probably like a bit more is the upgraded interior but coming from the C6 the 1LT interior will be a big upgrade I'm sure. Z51 1LT for me.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Naples FL
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 90 Posts

I have a 1LT Z51...black on black....the quality of the interior is the same...when getting black...the other features were not important to me...the nav and stereo are great..the mag ride is worth every penny...it's also lighter..meaning more performance....and mine is my daily driver... I had a 427 1SC...this car is light years above it in every category ! I also got black rims , red calipers, stingray sills, floor mats cargo mat and cargo shade... I love this car!!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Aiblinger
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C6 HUD works for me with Oakley Polarized Sunglasses

I wear Oakley HalfJackets with polarized lenses and I have another pair of Oakleys that are also polarized (I can't remember the model right now). I never have any trouble seeing or reading the HUD while wearing either pair.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:45 AM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 9157
I have a 1LT Z51...black on black....the quality of the interior is the same...when getting black...the other features were not important to me...the nav and stereo are great..the mag ride is worth every penny...it's also lighter..meaning more performance....and mine is my daily driver... I had a 427 1SC...this car is light years above it in every category ! I also got black rims , red calipers, stingray sills, floor mats cargo mat and cargo shade... I love this car!!
That sounds like my car Any pics of that beauty??
Old 01-27-2014, 11:59 AM
indy 28
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rayban

I wear Rayban prescription polarized tri-focals and no problems seeing the HUD. However, I do have problems with my vision since I got this car, things seem to go by too fast and appear blurry.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Torch Red C7
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I also wear prescription poalrized RayBans. I have absolutely no issues seeing the HUD. I do have issues seeing through the rear window ocassionally. It depends on the angle of my head
Old 01-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by texex91
Would be interested to hear others--as I think it may depend on brand of polarized. If mine were not prescription, I could just get some non-polarized--but that won't work in my case. Does not work on any other HUD system.

Think point on home link, if used it everyday yes, but just take garage door opener.

As to security, not worried, as I'm not leaving top off in bad places for people to lean in...but could see if daily driver for some.

Emblem--that could really careless about.

IF this were my everyday driver, I think 2LT would be mandatory. But considering it's more of a weekend/take it out when I want kinda car, just wondering if it's work an extra $5K (not trying to be cheap--just really wondering if worth investment for the amount of use). I also tend to flip cars every year.
No problems here with prescription polarized lenses. Who told you that they were a problem?

As for the motion sensor, if someone broke the glass and reached in, it would set off the motion sensor. The door alarm would only go off if they opened it.

Right now, I use HomeLink for the garage door opener (one less controller I have to carry), but I'm looking to add some light controls in the near future. It would be nice to have all the lights in my garage come on instead of just the little light from the opener.

If you plan to sell you car in a few years, you may want to get the 2LT, Z51 as that will be in more demand than the 1LT non-Z51 (IMO). I think it was worth every penny.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by indy 28
I wear Rayban prescription polarized tri-focals and no problems seeing the HUD. However, I do have problems with my vision since I got this car, things seem to go by too fast and appear blurry.
Funny, I have the same problem. I wonder if we should add that to the list of issues...
Old 01-27-2014, 01:12 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by rstrait
Sounds like you've made your decision based on what you do and don't value. It's an easy decision for me, 1LT. I've done fine without the HUD on my C6 and since I wear polarized prescription sunglasses all the time during driving season it's a no go for me. I haven't driven my C6 at night in the 2 years I've owned it so I'm guessing it'll be the same with the C7. I don't need navigation, I only drive my fun car around where I live. The only thing I would probably like a bit more is the upgraded interior but coming from the C6 the 1LT interior will be a big upgrade I'm sure. Z51 1LT for me.
you have it right...and for better sound just add a 10" sub in the rear...I did mine for less than $200 and it sounds fantastic with the stock HU.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 9157
I have the same car minus the MAG ride. I buy cars off the showroom but if I could have, I would have ordered the 2LT option. I did get 3 grand off the car though because it had a number of scratches in the paint. It took 10 hours to buff them out. Not having the things I like (heated seats, homelink, memory) I guess I don't miss figuring I got a great car for 55k.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:02 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Argggg...I think most of you are right. I guess 2LT makes more sense (even resale wise ) especially with 4G coming to the 2015, people will probably want that down the road.

I was using the C7 as my "test" Corvette (coming from Porsche 911's)--to see if I love it, then will probably get Z06 mid next year and trade.

Weird, I guess HUD does work with polarized--I had read on other vehicles (and I thought C7) they did not. If it does, then I certainly like the HUD.

Last edited by astrotx; 01-27-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:02 PM
H2LS3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1LT Z51, Torch Red/Black, Magride, NPP, 7sp, Black wheels, NAV.

I think the 1LT interior is awesome. The two things I was nervous about giving up were the heads up and the premium stereo. I had a 2LZ Z06 as comparison and everything about the interior of the c7 is better. Stereo is great in the 1LT, much better than the c6 IMO.

I did have the issue of heads up not working well in my Z06 with polarized sunglasses, but I dont know if the c7 is better/different. With the new infotainment screens I wont miss the HUD at all. I'd rather look at the infotainment screen. The new tach and digit speedometer displays are plenty big enough to not miss the HUD.

Cooled/Heated seats would be nice, but my truck has those so it wasnt worth 4k to me for the 2LT.

IMO the 1LT Z51 is by far the best value.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:10 PM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

I also got the 1LT Z51 7 speed with exhaust and could not be more pleased. The Bose system is fine and with black interior it looks a lot Like the 2LT. The dash can be set to almost match the HUD. If you ever had to replace a HUD windshield it's not cheap. In the past the 1LT interior was really cheap looking but not anymore.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 450hp mike9; 01-27-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:15 PM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Now this is the interior we need.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Any 1LT (Z51) buyers out there??

Old 01-27-2014, 02:18 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 450hp mike9
I also got the 1LT Z51 7 speed with exhaust and could not be more pleased. The Bose system is fine and with black interior it looks a lot Like the 2LT. The dash can be set to almost match the HUD. If you ever had to replace a HUD windshield it's not cheap. In the past the 1LT interior was really cheap looking but not anymore.
Thanks for the pic Mike...I keep going back and forth (1LT or 2LT Z51).

Hmmmm, I'll get it figured out, but that interior looks great to me!

Last edited by astrotx; 01-27-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:39 PM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Sounds like we are in the same boat I ordered mine last week in 1LT and got adrenaline red with the AW, now I am questioning if I should have gone black. The red has red thread in the seats vs. black matching gray.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by leadville1
Sounds like we are in the same boat I ordered mine last week in 1LT and got adrenaline red with the AW, now I am questioning if I should have gone black. The red has red thread in the seats vs. black matching gray.
The 1LT red interior has gray stitching on the dash/steering wheel/doors, etc. It looks a bit mismatched with the red seats/red stitching.

Have to go to a 2LT to get the red stitching on all surfaces with the red interior.

Quick Reply: Any 1LT (Z51) buyers out there??