Sponsored by:

C7 Is it a Vette or a Hundai?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 01:07 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by bighank
Steering, brakes, windows that won't close, leaks from various places, interior carbon fiber panels sagging, displays needing replacement and I could go on for a page. Look at the 51 pages of problems and tell me that they are only cosmetic.
If you are happy with a car that is NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME then GREAT.
There is no one so blind as one who refuses to see that which is in front of his eyes.
I have given and received valuable information on this forum but have never seen such ridiculous comments from persons rationalizing why the C7 does not need some major attention to correct or remove the observed defects. I did not wish to start a hornets nest but apparently that has happened. If you are content to spend 50K to 100K on a car that looks stunning from 20 feet but has multiple unresolved problems that is your option. Not me. I will wait till the GM engineers correct the problems before handing out a lot of cash for something I can keep in the garage as a toy.
This forum is a tool meant to provide information and help to other Corvette owners. Let's keep it that way.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:19 PM
TraceZ
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 188 Posts

The interior of my Dad's Kia Optima is LIGHTYEARS ahead of my C5's interior in quality.

I've sat in a C7, I found the interior to be on par with the Optima and other new cars I've driven. No complaints here!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Stingbill
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
Buh-bye
Old 02-05-2014, 01:29 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by shaan
Some people don't like the future
The future nowadays ain't what it used to be...
Old 02-05-2014, 01:59 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
Hank is definitely in the clown category, not even a good troll. BTW guys the word 'peppy' is used to describe some 'has-been' person or machine that is good for it's age...not even in the same discussion as fast or powerful or great.
My dictionary gives the definition of peppy as "energetic; vigorous; lively"
Old 02-05-2014, 04:13 PM
diesel225
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sajonf
You should stick with your C5 then. It has a much nicer interior. Lol
agreed lol
Old 02-05-2014, 05:08 PM
diesel225
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by AMGPilot
bighank,

Don't let these people get to you. Obviously they love their Corvettes and will defend them no matter the issues.

My wife and I both check out the C7 at the Detroit Autoshow last week and we were both disappointed with the so called progress of the interior quality.

We have both been reading about it for months now and had high hopes but was greatly disappointed by GM again

Don;t get me wrong, I think the new C7 and especially the C7 Z06 is a beautiful car but only from a distance. If you get close and start looking at all of the details inside then that is when all of the defects are apparent.

Sadly this is what is to be expected of American Cars these days and I guess we are supposed to look the other way or just ignore them.

If I were ever to purchase another Corvette it would be a used C7 Z06 at a huge discount because I personally do not feel they are worth the money they are asking for them.
I'm sorry but the seats are exceptionally better due to its magnesium frame that was produced by Lears italian division you know the guys who produce seats for ferrari. lateral bolsters don't move due to the cast mag frame unlike the piece of plastic on the c6 the bottom of the seat in the c7 are metal not plastic. i personally got the comp seats and they are awesome. As for the old interior it was the major complaint about the previous corvettes. i mean are you comparing the seats to Mercedes if so i agree not mercedes interior but no one said it was, but i pretty sure the c7 will beat the c63 AMG in the 1/4 mile the track and 0-60. so I'm not sure what your comparing it too.

The infotainment system is awesome touch screen voice control. no awful looking plastic like used in the old mustangs. i just don't understand what he or you are talking about.

As for the car its self it is light years a head of its predecessors this is not my opinion it is a fact and the opinion of every major car reviewer on the planet, from stiffness to its performance and pure functionality there is nothing out there that is in its price range or class that even comes close.

Actually they had to race this car against 100 grand plus cars to even come close. i just don't understand how one could say anything like this. look up stingray on youtube or just grab any car magazine.

So say "i personally don't like the way it looks" but know that is were your opinion ends, as this car crushes the competition and this is not an opinion but a fact.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:20 PM
MEJ
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
WTF is a Hundai, is it anything like a Hyundai?
Finally! I'm glad someone said it!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:30 PM
MEJ
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by groovyjay
Maybe OP would be better of with the original C7.

I have to ask:
What kind of car is that? I'm guessing Peugeot?
Old 02-05-2014, 06:53 PM
chevy corvette
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default c7

Originally Posted by bighank
If you want to ignore cheezy and cheaply designed features go for it.
I just pointed out several deficiencies in the CAR OF THE YEAR.
If this gets your goat and you are sold on glitz thats fine with the dealerships that are charging 5 to 10 K over list price.
If professional reviewers are blind and lack tactile ability then this might be the car for them. I used the term Hundai to imply something that is overpriced and not first quality. If you bought your C7 sight unseen and are trying to rationalize your decision I have sympathy with you. Just look at the top of this section to see all the DEFECTS found by owners of C7s, right now its 48 pages and counting. Maybe the 2015 version will address the major defects but as far as I am concerned I wouldn't take a C7 now if you paid me.
One thing you will not have to worry about is someone giving you one. It is the absolute BEST corvette ever produced GM finally got it right!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:19 PM
ls2kev
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
WTF is a Hundai, is it anything like a Hyundai?
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:31 PM
gthal
Safety Car

I saw my very first C7 in the flesh about two hours ago (not mine... it is on a train somewhere ).

Anyone who ever suggests the interior of the C7 is anything other than stellar is either blind, hating the car for some other agenda or is full of sh$t and hasn't really seen or sat in one. The interior of the car from a fit/finish perspective was at least as good as either my E92 M3 or my C63 coupe... maybe even better. The design itself and attention to detail was, IMO, better than either. The cockpit was very well laid out with lots of beautiful details, beautiful stitching and the seats (GT) were as good as anything in my German cars. It was smaller than I had thought (everything about the car is smaller in real life than pictures) and it felt like I was in a cockpit. This was a 2LT car... I can only imagine how much nicer a 3LT would be.

Argue about the subjective things all you would like but there is no disputing the quality of the fit/finish and attention to interior detail on this car. It was truly amazing and I am very, very happy with it relative to my BMW and Mercedes.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Limey25
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MEJ
I have to ask:
What kind of car is that? I'm guessing Peugeot?
Very close. It's a Citroen but the same company (PSA) builds both. Peugeot has a lion as a logo. My first car was a Peugeot 206 (cracking little hatchback for the money, about GBP7k if memory serves in the late 1990's) and regularly cruised at 100mph on the motorways as everyone did back then before speed cameras took over (spit, spit, middle finger, spit again).

Oh and there is a tie-in to the Corvette as GM are one of the largest shareholders in PSA (even though they are looking to sell that stake) and have a global alliance in place with them, also.

I think the GM C7 is a touch better looking though
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM
asphaltrecycler
Instructor

Originally Posted by gthal
I saw my very first C7 in the flesh about two hours ago (not mine... it is on a train somewhere ).

Anyone who ever suggests the interior of the C7 is anything other than stellar is either blind, hating the car for some other agenda or is full of sh$t and hasn't really seen or sat in one. The interior of the car from a fit/finish perspective was at least as good as either my E92 M3 or my C63 coupe... maybe even better. The design itself and attention to detail was, IMO, better than either. The cockpit was very well laid out with lots of beautiful details, beautiful stitching and the seats (GT) were as good as anything in my German cars. It was smaller than I had thought (everything about the car is smaller in real life than pictures) and it felt like I was in a cockpit. This was a 2LT car... I can only imagine how much nicer a 3LT would be.

Argue about the subjective things all you would like but there is no disputing the quality of the fit/finish and attention to interior detail on this car. It was truly amazing and I am very, very happy with it relative to my BMW and Mercedes.
Whoa, easy there big spender….I too, have plenty of experience with european marques and do not feel the interior has the tactile feel of what I have owned, and currently have even in my Detroit assembled vehicle. I agree, it looks great, but run your hand across the door panels and dash components, and, at least as far as I am concerned, I feel that ole GM feeling. Will it stop me from buying the car? No. Do I think there is room for improvement? Always.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:47 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Originally Posted by asphaltrecycler
Whoa, easy there big spender….I too, have plenty of experience with european marques and do not feel the interior has the tactile feel of what I have owned, and currently have even in my Detroit assembled vehicle. I agree, it looks great, but run your hand across the door panels and dash components, and, at least as far as I am concerned, I feel that ole GM feeling. Will it stop me from buying the car? No. Do I think there is room for improvement? Always.
My experience differs. Based on what I saw, felt and experienced last night, it is every bit as good as either my M3 or C63. This included my perception of tactile feel. I would go so far to say that the seat leather felt better than what was in my C63 (which was not as nice, IMO, as my M3).

I spent an hour with the car inspecting it in great detail (I think the sales person thought I was nuts) and my personal conclusion is the same... the interior is on par with my M3 and C63 on an overall basis. Some places not as nice, some places better... I call it at least a draw. I was surprised.

Quick Reply: C7 Is it a Vette or a Hundai?