Sponsored by:

Stupid me: help with iPod

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 09:29 PM
cattman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid me: help with iPod

I am sure it's my stupidity, but I've searched and read the manuals, so I hope the usual suspects don't crap on me, but I need some help:
-I connected my iPod to the USB behind the screen, and it was not recognized. Any ideas?
-No problem playing music from my iPhone 5s via Bluetooth, but can I control the artist/ playlist/ etc from the car's touch screen, or can I only control it from the iPhone itself?
-Assuming I do get my iPod working behind the screen via USB, will I be able to control it via the car's touch screen, or only via the iPad itself?

I would love some help here if you can offer it. If you only want to call me an idiot I've done that work for you so no reason to post.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:40 PM
dmsick
Advanced

Originally Posted by cattman
I am sure it's my stupidity, but I've searched and read the manuals, so I hope the usual suspects don't crap on me, but I need some help:
-I connected my iPod to the USB behind the screen, and it was not recognized. Any ideas?
-No problem playing music from my iPhone 5s via Bluetooth, but can I control the artist/ playlist/ etc from the car's touch screen, or can I only control it from the iPhone itself?
-Assuming I do get my iPod working behind the screen via USB, will I be able to control it via the car's touch screen, or only via the iPad itself?

I would love some help here if you can offer it. If you only want to call me an idiot I've done that work for you so no reason to post.
Not sure why your iPod is not being recognized but you should be able to control both the iPod and the iPhone(via bluetooth) from the infotainment touch screen. I have my iPod connected behind the touch screen and have no trouble controlling it with the touch screen. Is the cable bad that you're connecting with?
Old 01-31-2014, 09:42 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 935 Likes on 489 Posts
Tech Contributor

Yeah check cable
See the iPod is running latest software
To control any iOS device from car, it needs cable, not bluetooth
Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
Yeah check cable
See the iPod is running latest software
To control any iOS device from car, it needs cable, not bluetooth
Shouldn't need a cable with Bluetooth.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:04 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Also make sure you are using a somewhat current version of the IPod firmware/OS. I was having issues with mine until I downloaded the latest version back in October, and everything works great now.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:09 PM
cattman
Instructor

Thanks, guys, I will try all those recommendations. Glad you were here for me and helpful before the usual suspects came onboard with a "do a search, dummy" comment. Hallelujah.

I wish the moderators would boot some of those dopes. Or allow us the ability to block them. Of all my car forums, this one has the most jerks, by far.

Get notified of new replies

To Stupid me: help with iPod

Quick Reply: Stupid me: help with iPod