Sponsored by:

Joe Biden talks Vette

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 03:06 AM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by seCen
Good god, its like a circlejerk of old republicans in here. Why does it seem like a lot of these threads turn political? Joe Biden likes the corvette, why don't you people just leave it at that? I thought being around more high end cars owners would result in less immature people but I guess not..
My thoughts exactly. I'm really pretty surprised with the maturity level of this board compared to other car boards I have frequented.

... Sadly, though, the second I saw the thread title (and especially once I saw it had four pages of replies), I knew exactly what the discussion would be about.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:16 AM
Second Vette
Drifting

Received 642 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
My thoughts exactly. I'm really pretty surprised with the maturity level of this board compared to other car boards I have frequented.

... Sadly, though, the second I saw the thread title (and especially once I saw it had four pages of replies), I knew exactly what the discussion would be about.
Funny, I never realized that criticizing a Hypocritical Politician was considered "immature". As I stated earlier, the OP started this Thread using Left Wing Politico as the link, so who is to blame for the reaction?

Maybe we can have a Beer Summit or something and patch things up..

P.S. - In the spirit of Bipartisanship, I edited out three Paragraphs from my original response. Joe Biden is a Car Guy, whoopee!
I hope that helps.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:52 AM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vdavenp802
Guess you never read Bob Lutz's book, huh? Read it, it may change your mind. The trouble with many corps is outlined in his book.
As far as Biden goes, and the new Z06, when was the last time you saw a GOP at a UAW location speaking about the work (hard) they do?
Just sayin...........
Bob lutz bought a home in the keys and said since it is not under water there is no such thing as climate change. Yes this is the genius that screwed up GM and was responsible for the worst products GM ever made. He had a ego that got in the way of making the right choices for GM. The products he was responsible for don't lie. Look @ the crap GM was turning out back then. The GTO in 05 was a complete failure when it came to market. The 05 Mustang on the other hand was a home run for Ford .Remember the hummer . I bet you had one right.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:55 AM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimb100
Republican's taking responsibility for their actions, like Wall Street, car company execs, all those CEOs who bribe congress to get corporate welfare?
You left out Iraq .
Old 02-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Luster
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

You'd have to be dead not to like the C7.

Last edited by Luster; 02-07-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Interesting to hear Joe talk about Vettecare.

Your insurance costs and deductible goes up, you can't use your previous mechanic to fix your car, 5 million owners have their insurance cancelled because they are "substandard", the website to sign up for a new insurance doesn't work and is wide open to identity theft... but if you had a problem with your car before they will still fix it.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:49 PM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Second Vette
Funny, I never realized that criticizing a Hypocritical Politician was considered "immature". As I stated earlier, the OP started this Thread using Left Wing Politico as the link, so who is to blame for the reaction?

Maybe we can have a Beer Summit or something and patch things up..

P.S. - In the spirit of Bipartisanship, I edited out three Paragraphs from my original response. Joe Biden is a Car Guy, whoopee!
I hope that helps.
Going off topic and into something that's going to strike a chord with so many people is immature. Yes, even when the OP featured a prominent politician. And I wasn't just referring to this thread. Almost any thread that has the most remote connection to politics will eventually veer that direction. Mods even had to make a formal announcement/warning about that problem when this board started picking up pace several months ago. (On that note, I'm kind of surprised this thread is still open)

While there is plenty that the republican party says/does which I disagree with (and some things of the democratic party, too), my main point is just that it shouldn't be that difficult for people to keep these opinions on a forum where they are relevant.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 02-07-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:43 PM
GmdVT
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 227 Posts

Oh look, another corvette thread derailed by old angry conservatives. Stick to the god awful politics subforum

Last edited by GmdVT; 02-07-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:57 PM
C7Amaybe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it has to do with age.

A few years back I frequented a senior center to care for my grandpa, everyone there wanted to give me a piece of his/her opinion, even though I thought I should have been completely "off topic" in that environment due to my younger age.

We will all get there though.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:00 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I, of course, have no political opinion about this....

Rah rah C7 rah rah!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:53 PM
John C.
Intermediate

Why is this post still in the C7 section? It belongs in PR&C.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:23 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 756 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 99
He's a clown, stay away from Corvette's Mr. Biden.
^^^^^
I agree.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:40 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BradSW
Hmmm.....the communism is strong with this one.
It's pretty clear you have no idea what "communism" is. Just sayin'.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Good ole, "Joe The Gaff Man".
Old 02-07-2014, 10:10 PM
MisterMe
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tommy D

Maybe he should take Hillary for a ride in that Z06 too
as we know our president is more of a Prius type of guy.

Senator Obama leased a Chrysler 300C from 2004 to 2007. In December 2007, the future President traded the Chrysler for a Ford Escape Hybrid. This fact was widely reported by the news media at the time. It was also reported by Faux News.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:27 AM
C7Amaybe
Instructor

Originally Posted by MisterMe
Senator Obama leased a Chrysler 300C from 2004 to 2007. In December 2007, the future President traded the Chrysler for a Ford Escape Hybrid. This fact was widely reported by the news media at the time. It was also reported by Faux News.
Obama was a big Volt fan, had he traded the Chrysler in for a Volt, the Volt sales might not have been so dismal

As for Joe, I don't know and never cared where he stood politically but he appeared to know the C7 very well. Unlike Obama, he is a real car guy.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:37 AM
Goaty
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 88 Posts

Good ol plugs Biden. Hey Joe did it ever occur to you that if you keep raising CAFE and piling on the regulations you are going to kill the Corvette as it will be too expensive for GM to make?

All these turbo engines produced today, largely due to the policies of Plugs and his boss. But he loves muscle cars. What a great guy. And some gullible people actually buy this act.

Get notified of new replies

To Joe Biden talks Vette

Old 02-08-2014, 03:20 AM
jimb100
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Goaty
Good ol plugs Biden. Hey Joe did it ever occur to you that if you keep raising CAFE and piling on the regulations you are going to kill the Corvette as it will be too expensive for GM to make?

All these turbo engines produced today, largely due to the policies of Plugs and his boss. But he loves muscle cars. What a great guy. And some gullible people actually buy this act.
I can tell you "get it"!

You know its nothing but a plot to minimize the effects of climate change.

Flooding, screw'em. Don't move so close to the water. Tornados, dig a little deeper. Plus, your wife will like getting a new house every few years. Droughts? Massive storm system? It might not be climate change. Climate change is just a theory, you know, like gravity. Its probably not even true. Any day now things might start falling up. They can't prove it won't happen.

Plus, who wants to pay 2 cents a mile for electricity when you can pay .20 a mile for gas?

And they call that "progress."

Yeah, its hard to believe people buy this nonsense.

I'm just glad you and I are too smart to fall for it.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:40 AM
Goaty
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by jimb100
I can tell you "get it"!

You know its nothing but a plot to minimize the effects of climate change.

Flooding, screw'em. Don't move so close to the water. Tornados, dig a little deeper. Plus, your wife will like getting a new house every few years. Droughts? Massive storm system? It might not be climate change. Climate change is just a theory, you know, like gravity. Its probably not even true. Any day now things might start falling up. They can't prove it won't happen.

Plus, who wants to pay 2 cents a mile for electricity when you can pay .20 a mile for gas?

And they call that "progress."

Yeah, its hard to believe people buy this nonsense.

I'm just glad you and I are too smart to fall for it.
Obviously you are a Plugs supporter, which is fine you can support whomever you want.

To me it's disingenuous to constantly talk about how much you love muscle cars when your policies are making it more and more difficult to produce those cars, and may in fact one day render them extinct.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:40 AM
MisterMe
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C7Amaybe
Obama was a big Volt fan, had he traded the Chrysler in for a Volt, the Volt sales might not have been so dismal

As for Joe, I don't know and never cared where he stood politically but he appeared to know the C7 very well. Unlike Obama, he is a real car guy.
President Obama was and is a Volt fan. However, Senator Obama leased a Chrysler 300C before he switched to a Ford Escape hybrid. He made the switch in 2007--four years before the Volt went on sale in 2011.

Quick Reply: Joe Biden talks Vette