Sponsored by:

Wheel Hop Or Traction Control?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 10:50 PM
fbird777
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheel Hop Or Traction Control?

I know the tires on my M7 Z51 are not supposed to work very well below 40 degrees but even when I turn traction control off the car feels more violent when it loses traction compared to my 2002 Trans Am WS6 which feels alot smoother when the rear end gets loose with traction control off. How does it feel when you guys lose traction from 1st to 2nd gear and 2nd to 3rd gear.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:00 AM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Wheel hop relates to the front wheels and the Ackerman steering effect. Traction control retards timing to cut power to the rear wheels, two entirely different issues. Don
Old 02-07-2014, 07:31 AM
fbird777
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by W88fixer
Wheel hop relates to the front wheels and the Ackerman steering effect. Traction control retards timing to cut power to the rear wheels, two entirely different issues. Don
I understand the Ackerman effect on the front wheels. I am referring to to the rear; with the traction control off the car does not lose traction smoothly under hard acceleration. It is almost like the car is still trying to correct me with all of the computer aided assistance turned off.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:16 AM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by fbird777
I understand the Ackerman effect on the front wheels. I am referring to to the rear; with the traction control off the car does not lose traction smoothly under hard acceleration. It is almost like the car is still trying to correct me with all of the computer aided assistance turned off.
Since I don’t have one (on order) maybe it’s just that your C7 has quite a bit more power and less weight than your Pontiac. Spins them hard right off the bat?? Don

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel Hop Or Traction Control?

Quick Reply: Wheel Hop Or Traction Control?