Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 08:50 PM
C4C5C6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 NAV System

Hope this is not a repetitive question.

Does the C7 have a NEW NAV System?
My C6 NAV leaves a lot to be desired and I'm hoping the C7 got an update for the NAV.

Anybody previously have a C6 with and now have the new C7 with NAV know if the new system is better as far as trip routing capability?

My dash top GARMIN is far better than the C6 NAV. We have been forced to take the Garmin with us so that when the C6 NAV goes berserk we can still find our way.

Not trying to start any flame wars or anything and I know there are some who think the C6 NAV is the cats MEOW.

I've READ THE MANUAL and DO know how to operate then system but the map data often calculates routes way, way off from the way I already know how to go. This is with the 2012 NAV Disc.
It also still won't get me to my house on roads that have been here for the last 30 years.

To top it off, on the way to my house it will report; "Map data is not available for this area. Please follow the turn by turn guidance".

Then it gives me NO turn by turn guidance and when I reach my home it says; "You have arrived at your destination".

Well DUH !!!! It didn't help me get there but has the audacity to tell me I've arrived as if IT had something to do with me getting there. Grrrrr.

Anyway, I'll likely be getting a C7 next year and wondered if the NAV was improved or the same one with additional Wi-Fi and/or Blue Tooth capability.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:53 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

It's a completely different system than the C6's one

Do a search on YouTube as there are several walkthroughs of the C7's nav system there.

(BTW, I thought the C6's, while not as nice or user friendly as a Garmin, did quite a respectable job in the 5 years I owned it)
Old 04-04-2014, 07:33 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
It's a completely different system than the C6's one

Do a search on YouTube as there are several walkthroughs of the C7's nav system there.

(BTW, I thought the C6's, while not as nice or user friendly as a Garmin, did quite a respectable job in the 5 years I owned it)
My major complaint with the 2006 NAV system, is no voice programming. I too use my Garmin or cell phone NAV system, as I can just hit destination, speak the name, and voila'! It's done...no spending 15 minutes in 'finger-point entering' a destination.

BTW..just got off the phone with HERE, the NAV disk supplier, and no word yet on V10 for the 2005-2013 Corvettes.

MC

Last edited by MCharlie; 04-04-2014 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Spelling..used to using 'short' words in CW (Code)
Old 04-04-2014, 07:44 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MCharlie
My major complaint with the 2006 NAV system, is no voice programming. I too use my Garmin or cell phone NAV system, as I can just hit destination, speak the name, and voila'! It's done...no spending 15 minutes in 'finger-point entering' a destination.

BTW..just got off the phone with HERE, the NAV disk supplier, and no word yet on V10 for the 2005-2013 Corvettes.

MC
W7RKN.. why is that call so familiar? Hmmmm. Oh yea! Antenna mounts!

Anyway, the C7's VR is wonderful and works pretty much flawlessly so far!

(BTW, got the antenna mount on the C7 - turned out fine. Still waiting for the DMV transfer of my call plates)
Attached Images  
Old 04-04-2014, 07:58 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

(BTW, got the antenna mount on the C7 - turned out fine. Still waiting for the DMV transfer of my call plates)
Haven't hooked anything up in mine yet...As soon as the weather warms up, I have a bunch of things to do....RAM Air, Antenna(s) and mount, put my full width spoiler on, put in air vent mesh, change the carpet pad mounts and replace the chrome lug nuts with black. Figure I have to have the tail lights out for the spoiler swap...may as well run the RG174 cable into the car and connect the grounds to the chassis at the same time. I also bought a cheapo blind nut installer at Harbor Freight and will put in the two lower nuts for the antenna plate.

Got yourself a C7 eh wot? Wife was really upset at me for even considering selling mine and getting a new car. Heh...I'll get her, her new car first, and by then, the local dealer won't be stuffing the price by 10 grand, so I will get mine.

MC (Joe)
Old 04-04-2014, 08:15 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MCharlie
Haven't hooked anything up in mine yet...As soon as the weather warms up, I have a bunch of things to do....RAM Air, Antenna(s) and mount, put my full width spoiler on, put in air vent mesh, change the carpet pad mounts and replace the chrome lug nuts with black. Figure I have to have the tail lights out for the spoiler swap...may as well run the RG174 cable into the car and connect the grounds to the chassis at the same time. I also bought a cheapo blind nut installer at Harbor Freight and will put in the two lower nuts for the antenna plate.

Got yourself a C7 eh wot? Wife was really upset at me for even considering selling mine and getting a new car. Heh...I'll get her, her new car first, and by then, the local dealer won't be stuffing the price by 10 grand, so I will get mine.

MC (Joe)
Yea, sold my C6 to a gentleman from New Orleans (flew out to pick it up with his son) last November and ordered my C7 a week after that from a forum dealer in north Idaho. Took delivery in late February and drove it home in 6 hours . Of course, my wife has her ZO6 so it really wasn't a problem "talking her into the C7". Shhhh don't tell anyway but I swear she was more excited about it than I was

BTW, tail lights don't just pop out like on a C6 - you'll have to remove the rear fascia to install the spoiler. Sux I know.....
Old 04-05-2014, 07:38 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Got mine mounted today....easy to do..pair of blind nuts in the
fascia and all was good.!

MC
Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2014, 07:50 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Looks good!

Low key too

(by the way, you really didn't need to do the blind nut thing but it doesn't hurt to do it either)
Old 04-05-2014, 09:39 PM
larry knapp
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't this mount block the rear camera?
Old 04-05-2014, 09:59 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by larry knapp
Doesn't this mount block the rear camera?
Nope.. it fits over the camera and clears it.

(although I can see part of the mount buy not enough to worry about. The rear view is fine)

Get notified of new replies

To C7 NAV System

Quick Reply: C7 NAV System