Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'll Shuffle Off to Buffalo

Old 02-24-2014, 12:59 PM
BIg Wash AZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'll Shuffle Off to Buffalo

I couldn't get my USB stick to shuffle songs. I called Chev Cust Serv and the lady told me it wouldn't work. Should, but wouldn't. Then I got a PM from CaryKen (thanks) explaining how to make it work. And I got it. Kind of.

1) Install the thumb drive. We did the one behind the screen.
2) Press the Media toggle to get to the USB screen. Music starts.
3) Press Menu lower right Turn Shuffle to ON < Back to USB screen
4) Press Browse in the upper left of the USB media screen
5) Menu along bottom appears press Songs. The song icon will turn orange.
6) Looks like you are done here. You are not.
7) Pressing Songs (now orange) brings up an alpha list of songs that are on the thumb drive.
8) You have to select one of them, it makes no difference which one. This sets the song shuffle feature starting point. This choice is the first to play, but with shuffle who cares?
9) Until I selected a specific song, the old album centric setting remained unchanged. We had heard the 101 Strings a dozen times by now.
10) You can use the same process to shuffle genre, artist, album, etc but we wanted to shuffle Songs.
11) After turning on Shuffle, I think you can initiate this with a voice command Play Songs, but we are too old school for this. Maybe with our C8?

It was frustrating. This info is not in the manual and the customer service said you can't do it. Plus, when (5) you press Songs and it changes to orange, it appears you have made a recognized choice. I pressed Songs and Exit only to be stuck on Album still. So I went back and went through it again. That is when I did step (7) to select a song from the list. And only then did I complete process. Now we have USB shuffle. Seems the book should tell you this, but it does not. Seems Cust Serv would tell you this but they don't.

One other nuance. We have a set of Big Band Albums from the Franklin Mint circa 1990's. 8 boxes, 2 LP's per box, 32 total sides of music. I had them converted to CD's. Then uploaded it to iTunes and down to the USB stick. Because of the conversion process, the songs are not recognized individually. Likely some type of industry indexing on CD's. So the Shuffle only recognizes these as a side/song. Worse things could happen. But for those of you that are old school with LP's to convert, take note.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'll Shuffle Off to Buffalo