Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 02-24-2014, 12:36 AM   #1
Docfeelgood

Default Drop Shipments to Southern California

Any dealers in Southern California willing to receive cars drop shipped from out of state dealers for a reasonable charge? Also any recommendations for dealers for service? Last time I did a drop ship was for my 2001 C5 and the receiving dealer no longer exists!
Docfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:45 AM   #2
redshift1
CF Senior Member

From another forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docfeelgood View Post
Any dealers in Southern California willing to receive cars drop shipped from out of state dealers for a reasonable charge? Also any recommendations for dealers for service? Last time I did a drop ship was for my 2001 C5 and the receiving dealer no longer exists!

Quote Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post
Hey, I'm in CA as well and you're right about CA MSRP being in the stratosphere. I'm looking for a dealer who might accept courtesy delivery in LA/OC any ideas?

Just pickup the phone and call your local Chevy dealers. The one I am having delivered to is Guarantee Chevrolet in Santa Ana for $500 Selman Chevrolet wanted $1000 and most dealers I talked don't want to do it because they say it's a hassle and they have been burned in the past such as buyer pulling out and then that dealer ended up with shipping costs back to the east coast dealer.

redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:13 AM   #3
Docfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post
From another forum:

Quote Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post
Hey, I'm in CA as well and you're right about CA MSRP being in the stratosphere. I'm looking for a dealer who might accept courtesy delivery in LA/OC any ideas?

Just pickup the phone and call your local Chevy dealers. The one I am having delivered to is Guarantee Chevrolet in Santa Ana for $500 Selman Chevrolet wanted $1000 and most dealers I talked don't want to do it because they say it's a hassle and they have been burned in the past such as buyer pulling out and then that dealer ended up with shipping costs back to the east coast dealer.

Okay thanks. Am thinking of doing this with the upcoming Z06.. A bit worried if the average dealer will be able to do a good predelivery prep/ inspection on this car...not to mention subsequent service visits.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:37 AM   #4
Johneecatt

Quote:
Okay thanks. Am thinking of doing this with the upcoming Z06.. A bit worried if the average dealer will be able to do a good predelivery prep/ inspection on this car...not to mention subsequent service visits.
I couldn't find one…. and with the smog test issues...
Johneecatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:50 AM   #5
redshift1
CF Senior Member

Quote:
I've followed the Chevy dealers in OC on yelp and the reviews are disappointing in both sales and service. Not sure what I'm going to do when the time comes.

redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:38 AM   #6
ATX-C7
CF Senior Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor
Support Corvetteforum!

If you talk to large forum dealers, they normally can arrange it for you, so you don't have to deal with calling around. They have sent a ton out to CA, so get with them. Call MacMulkin.
ATX-C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #7
Docfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX-C7 View Post
If you talk to large forum dealers, they normally can arrange it for you, so you don't have to deal with calling around. They have sent a ton out to CA, so get with them. Call MacMulkin.
Thanks..will check with MacMulkin. I bought thru Buds last time around.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #8
Vette_It_be
CF Member

Try Dellilo Chevrolet in Huntington Beach. I bought my C7 through MacMulkin and set up the courtesy delivery for $300.00 Ask for John Helkin. He'll set you up.
Vette_It_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #9
Cheech Wizard
CF Senior Member

I would consider buying from Boardwalk in Redwood City, flying there and driving back.
Cheech Wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:58 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Drop Shipments to Southern California