Sponsored by:

Mag ride question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 10:02 AM
sdcnews
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Mag ride question

Just picked up my Z51/mag ride from the museum on Monday. On the ride home I tried Sport and Touring modes and just driving on the highway I could not tell the difference. I did not want to do anything aggressive since the motor was not broke in and it was very cold for the tires. In both modes the ride was firm but the car took bumps very well. Any comments?
Old 02-26-2014, 10:06 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Other than it sounds like your mag ride is working perfectly, no.

Think you will notice a little more difference once you spend time in various modes. Remember the mag ride is reading the road ever sub-millisecond and making the needed adjustments for that particular driving mode.

"In both modes the ride was firm but the car took bumps very well."--that pretty much sums it up.

Last edited by ATX-C7; 02-26-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:06 AM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has a very pronounced difference between touring and sport, and yet another between sport and track. Maybe let it break in a little? If you don't notice any difference after a while take it in to get it looked at.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:21 AM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Switch to track mode and see if you notice the difference. Track is substantially stiffer. That said, on a smooth road, you may not notice much of a difference between sport and tour. It's when the roads are a bit bumpier or in the turns that the differences become more stark.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:28 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by sdcnews
just driving on the highway I could not tell the difference.
I imagine this will sound snarky (no intention) but.......what did you expect? On a (relatively) smooth highway there shouldn't be much difference. The suspension isn't doing much. Just sayin', give it a chance with some twisties action this summer.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Paulj1s
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
I imagine this will sound snarky (no intention) but.......what did you expect? On a (relatively) smooth highway there shouldn't be much difference. The suspension isn't doing much. Just sayin', give it a chance with some twisties action this summer.
only really noticed a difference once, when the road felt so rough track mode was uncomfortable. However, in touring all was well.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:33 PM
sdcnews
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 13 Posts

Default my expectatio

Originally Posted by RicK T
Based on some the posts I thought I would notice some difference over bumps. But I also have to say this is one magnificent car. I can't wait for warmer weather and have some real fun. Traveled 550 miles in one day and still felt comfortable.

Get notified of new replies

To Mag ride question

Quick Reply: Mag ride question