Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 02:57 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Location: Retired Suffolk County Police Dept NY South Carolina
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ready to cancel my 2014 order and get a 2015

UPDATE see my post #63 on page #4

I ordered one back in Nov with R8C and the $800 buyers tour. I haven't checked in a while but I think I am still at 1100.

I have been planning on a trip to AZ in my camper to visit a child hood friend and then go up to Utah to visit a cousin I have seen i many years. I want to get to AZ before summer when the temps get well over 100 degrees. But I am worried about being someplace between AZ and home and find out my C7 is on the line and I will not be able to see it built.

When do you think I will be able to order a 2015, I heard a rumor it should be in a month or two?

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-02-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:16 PM
indyjack18
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard August 11th 2014 is the first date you can order a 2015
Old 02-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Go to one of the Forum dealers and they will get you a car.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:21 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by indyjack18
I've heard August 11th 2014 is the first date you can order a 2015
I believe that that date is when the 2015 goes into production(TPW). GM should be letting the dealers place their orders about 6-8 weeks before that date.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:35 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Your dealer obviously has no allocations, or took more orders than available allocations. Either go to one of the major dealers and order a '14, or go to any dealer other than your current one ( who is obviously not very honest) and order a '15. As mentioned, you should be able to make an official order sometime in late June, although most dealers with a substantial Corvette business are already taking provisional orders and accepting deposits.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:37 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Go to one of the Forum dealers and they will get you a car.
I do not want an in stock dealers inventory car, I have a long list of options that I ordered, as a matter of fact I ordered the car with almost every available option. Also I want museum deliver, this will be my 3rd museum delivery, and the $800 buyers tour is important to me, I want to be able to watch my car move down the line and and I want to be the first one to start it.

And last but not least the dealer I ordered from has treated me well, this will be the my third car I bought from him in 2 years.

I had hoped they would start taking order earlier on the 2015s.

I ordered the car in early Nov and my main concern is to be notified that my car is going to be built while I am on a 4 to 8 week cross country trip and I will miss the chance to take the $800 buyers tour. However I do not want to miss out on having a new C7 for this summer. I do not want to wind up getting a C7 in November
Old 02-25-2014, 03:42 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Well you ordered from wrong dealer (very nice it's been great--but do you have a car--no).

Now the only way to get it going quickly is to order from a forum dealer who has ALLOCATION.

You can be driving your new C7 in April, exactly how you want it, enjoy the summer in it and have fun. Call TommyJR at MacMulkin and that's all it takes--period. If you don't you only have yourself to blame--no complaining.

I'm at 3300 in less than 2 weeks--any questions?

If you wait on a '15 it will be Oct-Nov before you see one (at best).

Choice is yours. What are YOU going to do?

Last edited by ATX-C7; 02-25-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:46 PM
onthebottom
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll give you my experience, I ordered a VERY optioned car in early Oct, after 4 months was still at 1100, ordered exactly same car from Rick Conti, had a TPW in less than a week after my call to him.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:48 PM
ENCT
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in the same boat. I jumped ship and ordered at Kerbeck on Saturday and it goes to 3000 tomorrow. Give Amoni a call.
Eric
Old 02-25-2014, 03:52 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
Your dealer obviously has no allocations, or took more orders than available allocations. Either go to one of the major dealers and order a '14, or go to any dealer other than your current one ( who is obviously not very honest) and order a '15. As mentioned, you should be able to make an official order sometime in late June, although most dealers with a substantial Corvette business are already taking provisional orders and accepting deposits.
I am pretty sure he has allocations because I tried to place an order with this dealer back around Sept or Oct and he refused to take my money till he had an allocation. He call me when he got an allocation in Nov and I was the first one at his dealership to place and order with him. There is another dealer close buy that has a few dozen in stock but do not want to pay thousands of dollars over sticker and most importantly I want to order one in my color with my options with R8C and the tour.

If I leave things the way they are my car may be built while I am wandering all over the country

Last edited by 2 Ag R8Cs; 02-28-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:56 PM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

I ordered January 28th with both Z51 and FAY, car will be rolling off the line March 3rd. Ordered from Ken Fichtner.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:13 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Looks like I am going to have a serious sit down with the dealer.

With my planned trip coming up I am now worried about getting a car too soon.

I would like to leave SC somewhere around mid May so that I get AZ before it gets real hot, last time I visited was in the summer when the daytime temps varied between lows of 100 to as high as 120. My 33 foot 5th wheel camper has a bedroom air conditioner in the front and a living room air conditioner in the rear but I am not sure how well it will handle temps of almost 120 degrees even if I have both A/C cranked up and I do not want to find out. The plan is the head north to Utah to visit my cousin when the weather warms up in AZ.

If I get the C7 in April I will be busy getting preparing for my trip and making two trips to Bowling Green will be difficult (one trip for the buyers tour and one for the delivery). Plus I do not want to get my car right before I leave for what could be as long as 8 weeks and have my new C7 sit in the garage.

I am trying to time it so that it does not get built too soon but I do not want to wait till the summer is almost over.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:15 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Thanks for the replies suggestions and info, I really need to think this whole thing over.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:16 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Ag R8Cs
I am pretty sure he has allocations because I tried to place an order with this dealer back around Sept or Oct and he refused to take my money till he had an allocation. He call me when he got an allocation in Nov and I was the first one at his dealership to place and order with him. There is another dealer close buy that has a few dozen in stock but do not want to pay thousands of dollars over sticker and most importantly I want to order one in my color with my options with R8C and the tour.

If I leave things the way they are my car may be built while I am wandering all over the country
I hate to call your dealer a liar, but if he had an allocation that matched your order in November, you would be driving a C7 by now. There is a difference between receiving his model year allocation (his share of the second half of model year production,) and receiving an allocation during consensus that matches a given order. This is where an allocation is matched to the order, and GM actually accepts your order. The allocation has to include all the options ordered to be matched to an order. If you ordered a constrained option, such as Visible CF roof, dual roofs or Z51, and the allocation does not contain that item, it won't be assigned to your order. The dealer has the choice to give the allocation to another customer who's order does match, buy a car for inventory stock, or lose the allocation.

Ask your dealer for the OrderWORKBENCH document, which will show your order status. If your status is 1100, this means your dealer has actually managed to type your order into the computer, nothing more. If it is 2000 or higher, then, yes, you have an allocation and are in the production cycle.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:41 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
I hate to call your dealer a liar, but if he had an allocation that matched your order in November, you would be driving a C7 by now. There is a difference between receiving his model year allocation (his share of the second half of model year production,) and receiving an allocation during consensus that matches a given order. This is where an allocation is matched to the order, and GM actually accepts your order. The allocation has to include all the options ordered to be matched to an order. If you ordered a constrained option, such as Visible CF roof, dual roofs or Z51, and the allocation does not contain that item, it won't be assigned to your order. The dealer has the choice to give the allocation to another customer who's order does match, buy a car for inventory stock, or lose the allocation.

Ask your dealer for the OrderWORKBENCH document, which will show your order status. If your status is 1100, this means your dealer has actually managed to type your order into the computer, nothing more. If it is 2000 or higher, then, yes, you have an allocation and are in the production cycle.
One thing I will give the dealer the benefit of the doubt is the fact that I ordered so many options and many of them were under constraint. I have been occupied with other things and am not up to date but a while back when I checked the Z51 was under constraint, as was the exhaust option, the carbon fiber dash and a few other thing I can't think of off hand.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I do not think that any dealer would have been able to obtain a C7 that had options that were not available for production
Old 02-25-2014, 04:49 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

I give up on this one
Old 02-25-2014, 04:54 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

OP-Very familiar scenario and it simply reeks of a dealer who promised something that he can't do, or at least to this date. Time to contact one of the forum dealers. No big deal, this has happened to many before you.

Get notified of new replies

To Ready to cancel my 2014 order and get a 2015

Old 02-25-2014, 04:58 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
I give up on this one
me. too. I want, I want, I want, but I like my dealer. don't want it too late, don't want it too soon, don't want one on the ground, must have X tour, heard of constraints (of course, every forum dealer has worked thru constraints and gotten allegedly constrained items on cars delivered already), etc.

my suggestion: aim for a '16 car. report back when you get everything you want.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:59 PM
SteveMcGuire
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

It seems as if your options have been pretty well laid out. It's up to you what you do about your dilemma.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:01 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by AORoads
me. too. I want, I want, I want, but I like my dealer. don't want it too late, don't want it too soon, don't want one on the ground, must have X tour, heard of constraints (of course, every forum dealer has worked thru constraints and gotten allegedly constrained items on cars delivered already), etc.

my suggestion: aim for a '16 car. report back when you get everything you want.

Quick Reply: Ready to cancel my 2014 order and get a 2015