C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price INCREASE on C7's! $2k on Base - $4k on Z51!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Highway 61
Pro

Location: Between Forest Lake and White Bear Lake in the Land of 10,000+ lakes
Received 41 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmcdude
So what happens to cars already on dealers lots. Do these get repriced? Do forum dealers who had $3k discounts now make that only $1k?
No, they don't get repriced, but the dealer that was offering $3000 off base before might now only offer $1000 off. Supply and demand will dictate price, that's why this large of a price increase seems unreal on the base model at this time with what has been going on with sales to date.

If there were no C7's to be found on dealer lots, I would believe it, but that's not the case. If true about this big an increase in price, GM might be making a mistake.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Have calls into three forum dealers...waiting a CONFIRMATION.

This would be awesome.
What would be awesome? A price increase? Assuming you already own a new c7 you would feel better knowing future owners will now pay more. That's pretty ******. That's like SkidMarkJoe getting on folks who paid msrp. These pricing increases will kill this golden goose in my opinion. Corporate greed in action. It will certainly turn off guys like me who were waiting for prices to come down while waiting for the weather to improve. Suppose I'll just wait for used c7's to hit the market next year.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:55 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Have calls into three forum dealers...waiting a CONFIRMATION.

This would be awesome.
They are probably avoiding the phone today as it's probably blowing up from everyone asking if their orders are affected!

Originally Posted by LIStingray
I don't think it will affect me, as my C7 arrived Saturday and is sitting in MacMulkin's indoor storage facility waiting for me to pick it up when the weather clears.
You'll be fine. Congrats
Old 03-03-2014, 03:57 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

These pricing increases will kill this golden goose in my opinion. Corporate greed in action. It will certainly turn off guys like me who were waiting for prices to come down while waiting for the weather to improve. Suppose I'll just wait for used c7's to hit the market next year.
You know a lot of us that bought got berated by many, one you named, for being "idiots", "fools", etc for paying to much. Constant mocking anyone who 'bought early', as prices will crater in months.

Well how do you like us now? Not so stupid after all huh?
Old 03-03-2014, 03:58 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

OFFICIAL FROM BUD'S (FORUM DEALER):

THERE IS A PRICE INCREASE AS FOLLOWS:

$3200 on Z51 and $2000 on Stingray std.

Last edited by ATX-C7; 03-03-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

I just posted this in the top Chevy Cust Serv thread...

Marissa and crew:

There are rumors (being taken pretty seriously by some) about a price increase on the C7 effective today.

Can you offer any insight about this? So far it is solely based on "heard from my dealer" which seems pretty "rumorish" to me.
Personally I think y'all are getting worked up over nothing substantial as of this point.....
Old 03-03-2014, 04:03 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

These pricing increases will kill this golden goose in my opinion. Corporate greed in action. It will certainly turn off guys like me who were waiting for prices to come down while waiting for the weather to improve. Suppose I'll just wait for used c7's to hit the market next year.
This must be your first Corvette. This is nothing out of the ordinary as annual price increases are very standard and not just with Corvettes either. That said, if you look back at C6 prices, the same thing happened after the C6 was released just like the C5 before it. At least discounts are available in some cases to offset the costs but expecting a manufacturer not to raise their prices year after year is setting yourself up for disappointment.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:03 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 392 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Sorry.. I want a bit more than "heard from my dealer" before I believe it.....

I agree....
Old 03-03-2014, 04:04 PM
H2LS3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would be awesome? A price increase? Assuming you already own a new c7 you would feel better knowing future owners will now pay more. That's pretty ******. That's like SkidMarkJoe getting on folks who paid msrp. These pricing increases will kill this golden goose in my opinion. Corporate greed in action. It will certainly turn off guys like me who were waiting for prices to come down while waiting for the weather to improve. Suppose I'll just wait for used c7's to hit the market next year.
This is a pretty hypocritical post IMO. So you hope the price falls to benefit you, but you think someone shouldnt want the price to increase to benefit them. OK.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:07 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by H2LS3
This is a pretty hypocritical post IMO. So you hope the price falls to benefit you, but you think someone shouldnt want the price to increase to benefit them. OK.
Classic isn't it

Hope Skiddy comes on today to see the price increase as well
Old 03-03-2014, 04:07 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
They are probably avoiding the phone today as it's probably blowing up from everyone asking if their orders are affected!

Why would anyone's order be affected? We have a signed contract with a negotiated price and our order is already in the system. The concept of the contract is to lock in the price.

Any price increase would affect anyone who has not already signed a contract.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:09 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
Why would anyone's order be affected? We have a signed contract with a negotiated price and our order is already in the system. The concept of the contract is to lock in the price.

BINGO--JUST CONFIRMED THAT WITH MACMULKIN.

ANYONE IN SYSTEM (SIGNED CONTRACT IS GOLDEN)

HAPPY DAYS
Old 03-03-2014, 04:09 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Yup. I wholeheartedly agree. Unless the sales contract specifically allows for price increases as they occur, the deal is done.

(it amazes me how much a lack of acumen regarding business transactions passes for knowledge....)
Old 03-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Classic isn't it

Hope Skiddy comes on today to see the price increase as well
Skiddy, Skiddy, SKIDDY?!?!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

You know a lot of us that bought got berated by many, one you named, for being "idiots", "fools", etc for paying to much. Constant mocking anyone who 'bought early', as prices will crater in months.

Well how do you like us now? Not so stupid after all huh?
Well you didn't hear it from me, and a couple idiots don't represent the general class of people who purchase corvettes or participate on this forum. I totally get it why folks rushed to buy these, especially those that aren't effected by the weather and enjoying every moment they get to drive them. Bottom line, don't lower yourself to their level.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Yup. I wholeheartedly agree. Unless the sales contract specifically allows for price increases as they occur, the deal is done.

(it amazes me how much a lack of acumen regarding business transactions passes for knowledge....)
Mmmmm, but I bet there's a few who signed their order with "Price at MSRP" thinking it protected them from having to pay a "dealer incentive" when picking it up, but not realizing the MSRP would go up. Just sayin'...
Old 03-03-2014, 04:18 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

It's a 2 way street. The forum dealer I am purchasing from does not allow any GM Employee or Supplier discounts to apply if they were available before delivery, however nothing in the contract gives them the authority to alter our negotiated price, should there be a price increase.

Get notified of new replies

To Price INCREASE on C7's! $2k on Base - $4k on Z51!

Old 03-03-2014, 04:20 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Crossed Flags Fan
Mmmmm, but I bet there's a few who signed their order with "Price at MSRP" thinking it protected them from having to pay a "dealer incentive" when picking it up, but not realizing the MSRP would go up. Just sayin'...
It's a 2 way street. The forum dealer I am purchasing from does not allow any GM Employee or Supplier discounts to apply if they were available before delivery, however nothing in the contract gives them the authority to alter our negotiated price, should there be a price increase.
Yup.. It ALL depends on the actual contract signed and its verbage.

As the time honored saying goes.....read the fine print
Old 03-03-2014, 04:21 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

OFFICIAL FROM BUD'S (FORUM DEALER):

THERE IS A PRICE INCREASE AS FOLLOWS:

$3200 on Z51 and $2000 on Stingray std.
From this thread I take it that some dealers will see a $2K increase on base C7's and a $4k increase on the Z51 and other dealers will see a $2k increase on the base C7 and a $3.2k increase on the Z51.

First time I've heard of different dealers having different MSRP's for the same car.

PS-did Bud's give a date on when the increase will become effective?

Last edited by JoesC5; 03-03-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by H2LS3
Uh, never said anything about prices falling. Just hoped to pick up one for closer to msrp as the model year got older, inventory grew, and the 2015's get closer. Normal cycle. Enjoy your ride whatever you paid

Quick Reply: Price INCREASE on C7's! $2k on Base - $4k on Z51!