Sponsored by:

TSB for Dim Dash Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 10:03 AM
luvlake
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TSB for Dim Dash Light

There have been previous threads concerning the dash lights not becoming brighter during Day to Dusk time frame. I have an appointment to have the rear end fluid checked, I would like to get this problem fixed.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Chip A
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luvlake
There have been previous threads concerning the dash lights not becoming brighter during Day to Dusk time frame. I have an appointment to have the rear end fluid checked, I would like to get this problem fixed.
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Interior Lighting Service Bulletin 360600

NHTSA: Action Number: 10054480 Service Bulletin Number: 360600
Report Date:
Dec 01, 2013
Component:
Interior Lighting

Summary: Gm: the instrument panel lighting may be too low and can not be adjusted to a brighter setting. A software updated has been released to address this concern. *js
Old 03-04-2014, 10:25 AM
time2run
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Chip A
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Interior Lighting Service Bulletin 360600

NHTSA: Action Number: 10054480 Service Bulletin Number: 360600
Report Date:
Dec 01, 2013
Component:
Interior Lighting

Summary: Gm: the instrument panel lighting may be too low and can not be adjusted to a brighter setting. A software updated has been released to address this concern. *js
Are you (or anybody else for that matter) aware of any other SBs floating around? The only one my dealer is aware of is for the low diff oil.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,074 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by time2run
Are you (or anybody else for that matter) aware of any other SBs floating around? The only one my dealer is aware of is for the low diff oil.

Thanks.
NHTSA only lists two Service Bulletins:
Service Bulletin No.: PI-1135
Component(s): POWER TRAIN
NHTSA ID Number: 10054489
Manufacturer: General Motors LLC
SUMMARY:
GM:SOME VEHICLES MAY DISPLAY A SERVICE REAR AXLE MESSAGE. DTC C0407 MAY BE SET BECAUSE THE CONNECTOR ON THE PUMP MOTOR IS NOT SEATED PROPERLY. *JS

Service Bulletin No.: PI-1101
Component(s): INTERIOR LIGHTING
NHTSA ID Number: 10054480
SUMMARY:
GM: THE INSTRUMENT PANEL LIGHTING MAY BE TOO LOW AND CAN NOT BE ADJUSTED TO A BRIGHTER SETTING. A SOFTWARE UPDATED HAS BEEN RELEASED TO ADDRESS THIS CONCERN. *JS
Old 03-04-2014, 11:31 AM
time2run
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
NHTSA only lists two Service Bulletins:
Service Bulletin No.: PI-1135
Component(s): POWER TRAIN
NHTSA ID Number: 10054489
SUMMARY:
GM:SOME VEHICLES MAY DISPLAY A SERVICE REAR AXLE MESSAGE. DTC C0407 MAY BE SET BECAUSE THE CONNECTOR ON THE PUMP MOTOR IS NOT SEATED PROPERLY. *JS

Service Bulletin No.: PI-1101
Component(s): INTERIOR LIGHTING
NHTSA ID Number: 10054480
SUMMARY:
GM: THE INSTRUMENT PANEL LIGHTING MAY BE TOO LOW AND CAN NOT BE ADJUSTED TO A BRIGHTER SETTING. A SOFTWARE UPDATED HAS BEEN RELEASED TO ADDRESS THIS CONCERN. *JS
Thanks Zymurgy.

I was told that there would be an update for the center console by the end of February. I don't guess you've heard anything on this one?
Old 03-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by luvlake
Hey Luvlake,

I’m sorry to hear about your concern with the dash lights. I cannot guarantee the outcome but I will definitely look into this for you if you’d like. Let me know if you would like us to reach out to the dealer on your behalf, otherwise, keep me posted after your appointment. If you do want me to look into this please private message me your contact information, the VIN/mileage, and the dealership name/location. I will be looking forward to your response.

Jennie R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-05-2014, 12:21 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by time2run

Thanks.
In addition to published Service Bulletins there are other PI (preliminary information) bulletins available to dealers.
Depending on the build date and options, you could ask your dealer to look up:

PI0917C, Brake squeal or squeak noise intermittently on initial brake apply. (Feb 3, 2014)

PI1159A: No XM audio, rear view camera issues, favorite stations stored twice and / or disappear. (Jan 28, 2014)

PI1148: (Z51 only) information on front lower air dam revision. Some earlier Z51 models were shipped with the outer front air dams not trimmed back as intended. This blocks airflow to the brake air deflectors on the lower control arms. The bulletin gives measurements to cut several inches from the dams and trim to an angle for better appearance. (Z51 models do not have the center air dam section)

Last edited by ZL-1; 03-05-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To TSB for Dim Dash Light

Quick Reply: TSB for Dim Dash Light