Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Silverblue
Actually it is $1,999.00 short.

Oh, and in the case of the Z51, $3,999.00 short....
The price increase is necessary to because the money is needed to update the website with the new price.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Scooter NYY
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I ordered my C7 on February 22 at a dealer in Massachusetts and the order was entered that day. After hearing about the price increase, I checked with the Massachusetts Attorney General's website which states that once you have a signed contract with the dealer, they cannot raise the price with the exception of if the price increase was due to costs incurred by the manufacturer due to new state or federal regulations being put in place. Also, Massachusetts law states that the dealers must be given adequate notice in writing prior to any price increase from the manufacturer. It seems to me that GM broke Massachusetts law by not giving the dealers adequate written notice. From what I read, Chevrolet sent e-mails to their dealers on March 3 notifying them of the price increase effective immediately. I am not sure what laws in other states say, but it seems very clear that if you signed a purchase agreement/contract before March 1 in Massachusetts, you should be safe with the old price. I will wait to see if my dealer tries to pull a fast one.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:44 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by pcara
I ordered my z51 in January and am looking at April delivery. Per my dealer, as long as he has your order and a deposit your protected. It's bad enough most of us are waiting for a car that will be almost a year old when we get it, it would be a kick in the *** if they beat us for more money.
How do you figure almost a year old already? You will have your 2014 in April, and you won't start seeing any 2015s on the road until September. You will have owned your car 5 months by then.

People taking delivery of a 2014 in in July and August - yes they will have a car that is almost a year old.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 03-05-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:43 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
It.............If you were issued a GM order number by 3/2/14, which means you were at least at event code 1100 on 3/2/2014, you are price protected.
Once an order is placed with GM and GM accepts that order with a GM order number, the original Buyer on that order is price protected for the remainder of the model year regardless of whether or not the selling dealer had an allocation to assign to that order at the time the order was inputted into the GM ordering system. For example, Ken Fichtner ordered my 2007 vert as soon as the ordering opened for MY2007 even though I wanted the car built a year later in the spring of 2007. Ken inputted the order very early to "price protect" me as he told me at the time. He had control of his allocations and would assign one to my order when I was ready for the car to be built.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:06 AM
JudgeNjury
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Making up for all the discounts gm offered with the last few years of the c6.

I'm surprised with the amount of the increase.

Personally I think the increase should have occurred more gradually.

In hindsight I guess it makes sense to raise the price while it's a hot item.

Can't even begin to imagine what will happen with the c7 z06 pricing.

I still think the hp of the Lt1 will get closer to 500 hp with a retune as the 8 speed automatic becomes available next year.

Gm got the press accolades of value pricing vs performance on the release of the c7 and then gave it huge increase in one shot. Makes you laugh and begins to create the future image of buying gm hot cars fast before the price goes up.

I'm not sure how many years this will work for before unit sales take their perverbial dump.

I'm betting three.

Last edited by JudgeNjury; 03-05-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Harts
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this really sucks, been waiting for my employe discount for months , and when it gets here , it has a $3200 price increase along with it,,, all i want is a 1LT Z51, red on red, shocks and exhaust , and you will never see one of these on the lot, so got to order it, might as well wait and see what the 15 brings with it, at least you will get something with the price increase that is surely to come with it,, i am sooo P***** !!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:14 AM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally don't have an issue with the increase since I already have my car, but it seems they could have avoided a lot of the anger/frustration from potential buyers if they would have given everyone a two week notice of the price increase. Instead it seems a little sneaky they spring it on everyone, including their dealers after the deadline has passed.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Art-2008
Instructor

Default You Are MISTAKEN!

Originally Posted by Harts
this really sucks, been waiting for my employe discount for months , and when it gets here , it has a $3200 price increase along with it,,, all i want is a 1LT Z51, red on red, shocks and exhaust , and you will never see one of these on the lot, so got to order it, might as well wait and see what the 15 brings with it, at least you will get something with the price increase that is surely to come with it,, i am sooo P***** !!!!!!!!!
This DOES NOT SUCK for you (or me). I ordered a Corvette very similar to what you want to order, Z51 1LT. Our GM employee discount will be over $7200, even if ordered now you are still getting over $4000 more off of the car than you would have had a week ago!

Everybody else is getting a $3200 price bump and you are getting a $4000 savings. I did not expect GM to offer ANY employee pricing on a car that was so underpriced and difficult to get. I was willing to buy the car at retail before GM employee pricing was offered.

PS. Last time I checked Les Stanford Chevrolet (Dearborn, MI) had a 1LT Z51 in Red Tintcoat, it would have the old price & they accept GM employee pricing.

Last edited by Art-2008; 03-05-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:58 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by JudgeNjury
Making up for all the discounts gm offered with the last few years of the c6.

I'm surprised with the amount of the increase.

Personally I think the increase should have occurred more gradually.

In hindsight I guess it makes sense to raise the price while it's a hot item.

Can't even begin to imagine what will happen with the c7 z06 pricing.

I still think the hp of the Lt1 will get closer to 500 hp with a retune as the 8 speed automatic becomes available next year.

Gm got the press accolades of value pricing vs performance on the release of the c7 and then gave it huge increase in one shot. Makes you laugh and begins to create the future image of buying gm hot cars fast before the price goes up.

I'm not sure how many years this will work for before unit sales take their perverbial dump.

I'm betting three.
There are more than enough Corvettes to go around even at this very early stage of the C7s sales run. This 2000 price increase is no big deal as it will be offset by discounts and rebates before long. Anyone who doubts this need only familiarize themselves with Corvette sales and pricing history.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

When might we expect another price increase? While I would expect an increase at some point on the 2015 wouldn't it be too quick to give another hike by May or June after just receiving such a large increase? I would think they would want to have SOME spread of time. Thoughts?
Old 03-05-2014, 11:38 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by evilmonkey
I personally don't have an issue with the increase since I already have my car, but it seems they could have avoided a lot of the anger/frustration from potential buyers if they would have given everyone a two week notice of the price increase. Instead it seems a little sneaky they spring it on everyone, including their dealers after the deadline has passed.
Na, no auto makers pre-announce price increases.

Those that will be pissed, will be pissed before, during and after price increase. Doesn't matter.

Again, at the end of the day, if you REALLY wanted a C7 you're going to buy one at the new price (which is peanuts still). IF you don't someone else will

PS - Your C7 looks freaking hot--that blk/blk
Old 03-05-2014, 11:58 AM
skipper972
Racer

I put money down in Jan, but my order hasn't gone in yet while Mike Furman (Criswell) waits for my turn to get a Z51 allocation, so I guess that means they're goinna want more money from me..........if true, I'll likely walk away since it's break in faith IMO
Old 03-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Mr. Daytona
Intermediate

Originally Posted by skipper972
I put money down in Jan, but my order hasn't gone in yet while Mike Furman (Criswell) waits for my turn to get a Z51 allocation, so I guess that means they're goinna want more money from me..........if true, I'll likely walk away since it's break in faith IMO
I'm sorry man, that sucks!
Old 03-05-2014, 12:01 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

He didn't even enter it in the system to get you to 1100 status?

I know some dealers weren't doing this, which would be a shame in this case since you would have been price protected and it would have cost him nothing to do that while waiting for the allocation.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:10 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

He should have at least put it into the GM Workbench for 1100 then you'd be covered. IF he didn't, that would certainly anger me as well.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:31 PM
skipper972
Racer

Hey guys, thanks for your concern and support, but I'm not hacked with Mike yet because I'm awaiting a call back from him to determine my status. Hopefully, I'm entered in the system as you all mention and will be fine. But if not...........well, let's just say my dream will be dashed

Quick Reply: Price Increase