C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know if you can use the LED Fuse trick to override the 1-4 shift lockout?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:11 AM
petemoss
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone know if you can use the LED Fuse trick to override the 1-4 shift lockout?

My C7 has not arrived, but I’m planning ahead, For my radar detector, hiding license Plate, splash guards, etc. On my C6 I was able to do the Fuse hack to get around the 1-4 shift lockout. Anyone know if this is still posable on the C7.

This is the info for the C6. http://xse.com/leres/z06/cags.html

Thanks Jim
Old 03-06-2014, 10:33 AM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Old 03-06-2014, 11:36 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,624 Likes on 6,628 Posts

Originally Posted by petemoss
My C7 has not arrived, but I’m planning ahead, For my radar detector, hiding license Plate, splash guards, etc. On my C6 I was able to do the Fuse hack to get around the 1-4 shift lockout. Anyone know if this is still posable on the C7.

This is the info for the C6. http://xse.com/leres/z06/cags.html

Thanks Jim
Unlikely a pulled fuse will work since the system uses electic motors not a simple off on vacuum diaphragm like the C6. In fact there is no viable way to use mirror or vanity light power for the detector like I did in prior Vettes. If you want to know what works and doesn't, have posted a 4 page DIY for powering the detector with pics on my website, netwelding.com/reports_vette_info.htm

Last edited by JerryU; 03-06-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:06 PM
petemoss
Instructor

Hi Jerry, yes I looked at all your DIY. Nice to have someone that did it before. I will be doing the one for radar, splash guards, and battery charger and hide a way license plate. For the license plate, i have to assume that there will be some power to tap into in the engine compartment, as i don't want to run a wire all the way to the trunk.

I can't believe these guys did not put a jump start and or wiring connector in the engine compartment?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:23 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,624 Likes on 6,628 Posts

Originally Posted by petemoss
Hi Jerry, yes I looked at all your DIY. Nice to have someone that did it before. I will be doing the one for radar, splash guards, and battery charger and hide a way license plate. For the license plate, i have to assume that there will be some power to tap into in the engine compartment, as i don't want to run a wire all the way to the trunk.

I can't believe these guys did not put a jump start and or wiring connector in the engine compartment?
I was looking at putting in a curb alert. Thought I would use the threaded post that holds the wire powering the front fuse panel since that device says to connect to the battery. You have to remove the plastic cover to access. Could put a ring terminal and an inline fuse since it doesn't have to be switched power. Have not looked at which fuse could be taped if you need switched power.
Apparently that post is "supposed" to be used for jump starting. I question the size of the wire but looked up the 2013 Z06 and that owners manual shows using a similar connection for the plus 12 and they recommend using a bolt head on the cylinder head for the ground! Pretty Mickey Mouse! Assume that is what one is supposed to do with the C7 but can't get Chevy to confirm! They do say the manual is correct in saying there is a place under the hood to jump start but won't say where! Unlike the Z06 owners manual, which shows the connections.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:08 PM
petemoss
Instructor

Originally Posted by JerryU
I was looking at putting in a curb alert. Thought I would use the threaded post that holds the wire powering the front fuse panel since that device says to connect to the battery. You have to remove the plastic cover to access. Could put a ring terminal and an inline fuse since it doesn't have to be switched power. Have not looked at which fuse could be taped if you need switched power.
Apparently that post is "supposed" to be used for jump starting. I question the size of the wire but looked up the 2013 Z06 and that owners manual shows using a similar connection for the plus 12 and they recommend using a bolt head on the cylinder head for the ground! Pretty Mickey Mouse! Assume that is what one is supposed to do with the C7 but can't get Chevy to confirm! They do say the manual is correct in saying there is a place under the hood to jump start but won't say where! Unlike the Z06 owners manual, which shows the connections.
yep that is what I thought, it have the same setup as the GS where there was a box for jump starting and to tie your charger and other stuff to. We will have to wait and see.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know if you can use the LED Fuse trick to override the 1-4 shift lockout?

Quick Reply: Anyone know if you can use the LED Fuse trick to override the 1-4 shift lockout?