Sponsored by:

Dealer difficulty

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:41 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965rld
I heard rumor that Rick got in trouble for talking about the price increase. Other people I talked to (dealers) were not happy with Rick. Maybe he had to leave the forum for awhile.
Source of rumor? Any facts to back it up? Why would he get in trouble for simply stating facts?
Old 03-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

if a salesmans loyal customer base is currently all he can handle.... why not simply say to the others "I am unable to handle any new orders at this time"; instead of simply dropping the ball & leaving people hanging?
Old 03-23-2014, 03:13 AM
Highway 61
Pro

Location: Between Forest Lake and White Bear Lake in the Land of 10,000+ lakes
Received 41 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965rld
I've reached out to all 3 of these and none will honor GMS pricing on a Z51. That to me seems a bit non-customer service. When the company allows special pricing for those who quality and then the dealers choose to not participate that tells me the dealers are out for themselves and not the customer. Don't get me wrong, I know the dealership is there to make money and I'm okay with that but I'm not okay with trying to stick it to the consumers who are why they make money in the first place. I called MacMulkin today because they posted they have a few no spoken Z51's available. Guess what would not sell at GMS pricing. That's bad business in my opinion.
No, full paying customer should always go first. You want one today, you pay the same as everyone else. You want a special discount, you wait until the lines are over.

Just like the airlines, employees flying NON-REV always go after a full paying customer.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:28 AM
Highway 61
Pro

Originally Posted by Art-2008
Interesting to learn that; "Big volume dealers don't have time for that stuff." Les Stanford is one of the highest volume Corvette dealers in the nation. They are among the top four, possibly second, depending on who is counting.
I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of Les Stanford's customer were GM employees in the Detroit area.

Les Stanford was number five for Corvette sales in 2012, so allocation wise they are probably still number five.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Cyber2lt
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer difficulty deception

Originally Posted by Highway 61
No, full paying customer should always go first. You want one today, you pay the same as everyone else. You want a special discount, you wait until the lines are over.

Just like the airlines, employees flying NON-REV always go after a full paying customer.
I agree with you entirely. I got so frustrated here in Atlanta, trying to get my 2014 Corvette, dealing with Auto Nation, thru my Credit union , & all
The dealers here. They quoted $5,000 over sticker & I m aware of at least one case where they sold an ordered car to another buyer willing to pay more.
You should call the GM corporate service line & make your feelings known.
But i m with you , just wait it out till the crowds die down & than make your move. We have a dealer here, Maxie price, who may have one but i ve read he does a lot of bait & switch.
Bottom line, Chevrolet needs to place more emphasis on dealer ethics & customer service for Corvette owners if they want to keep loyal customers.
Don t get me wrong I love my vette, but worry about future repair issues if I can t rely on trained people to properly diagnose & fix problems.
Sorry you have had so many problems. Good Luck! If i can help you from Atlanta just ping me!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:01 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Highway 61
I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of Les Stanford's customer were GM employees in the Detroit area.

Les Stanford was number five for Corvette sales in 2012, so allocation wise they are probably still number five.
Doubtful about Stanford; the stats on C7 allocation were based on sales of '13s, not '12s, as I understand it, and they did a bang up job. Still, your other points re their physical location, just about having to sell at GMS (w. all the current and family in the area of Detroit where Stanford is [Deaborn]), and their huge sales volume makes sense.

For the rest of us, be glad that all dealers still have some choice as to programs they participate in. That's not a bad thing unless you want to get what you want, when you want it, from whomever you want, at a price you want.---then it becomes a slight issue. But it is free enterprise on both sides of the table----you can go elsewhere, and the dealer can look for other customers.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:03 AM
rstrait
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After listening to a number of dealers who were happy to take my order but were doing so based on "soon to be upcoming allocation" and a general lack of clarity of when I might take delivery of the car I called Mike Furman. He was straight up about everything and the more I talked to him the better I felt about ordering from him. My Laguna blue Z51, MSRC, NPP will arrive mid-June!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Highway 61
Pro

Originally Posted by rstrait
After listening to a number of dealers who were happy to take my order but were doing so based on "soon to be upcoming allocation" and a general lack of clarity of when I might take delivery of the car I called Mike Furman. He was straight up about everything and the more I talked to him the better I felt about ordering from him. My Laguna blue Z51, MSRC, NPP will arrive mid-June!
When I was dealing to order mine in early February, for an May 1st delivery time frame, one of the forum dealer told me "I have allocations available for production in late March with delivery in late April. If we hold back your order for delivery in May we will be out of allocations."

What I think might be going on is, the C7 has sold better than GM thought and the forum dealers are starting too run out of allocations. GM might be getting close already to selling what they considered to be the high range of sales for 2014. That will keep sales brisk for 2015 and will make it easy to pass along an other price hike to start 2015.

People like skid row who want to buy at invoice might not be buying their 2016 C7 until the Fall sales of 2016.

Quick Reply: Dealer difficulty