Sponsored by:

Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:53 AM
pmata0630
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhall99
Friendly tip: Read my post #31 for "Parking a Corvette 101". Take it from me (or not) after being around low sports cars and several Corvettes for 47 years.
Roger that!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:54 AM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,995 Likes on 1,679 Posts

Originally Posted by pmata0630
Its funny because after all that got cleared up, the cops wanted to look at it and asked some questions about the ride and how fast Ive gotten it to so far...of course I answered 75.....those sneaky copninjas
Thats awesome...I'm sure they were equally pissed for you, and my hats off to you for keeping your cool. I am not a violent person, but I think I might have waited for this punk to show up and had a few words. I think calling the cops was the best thing for HIS safety.

Most of all, DO NOT let this guy spoil your enjoyment or willingness to take it out in public. Own it. Love it. Protect it...but most of all keep driving it, no matter what.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:58 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

I am betting this guy really didn't have any idea he touched you. Here's why I think that...The only way you can't tell if you bumped anything, let alone another car, is if you slammed on the breaks when you realized you were getting close. The jerk from breaking quickly would hide the bump because you are already getting thrown about. That being said, if you slammed the breaks or bumped something you would get out and check what happened. And if you did hit something, like another car, I doubt you would just leave it there. People would pull forward a little or move to another spot. (Not saying I would ever do this, but it happens). This guy just walked away and then tried to deny it when he came out. Yes, it could have been an act, but if he was that kind of guy, I think he would have left the scene of the crime in the first place.

Just offering a outside perspective on this unfortunate incident.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

WTF
How did you not go BALISTIC!?!?!?!?
You sir, are a better man than I.

Last edited by Crossed Flags Fan; 03-20-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:02 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
I am betting this guy really didn't have any idea he touched you. Here's why I think that...The only way you can't tell if you bumped anything, let alone another car, is if you slammed on the breaks when you realized you were getting close. The jerk from breaking quickly would hide the bump because you are already getting thrown about. That being said, if you slammed the breaks or bumped something you would get out and check what happened. And if you did hit something, like another car, I doubt you would just leave it there. People would pull forward a little or move to another spot. (Not saying I would ever do this, but it happens). This guy just walked away and then tried to deny it when he came out. Yes, it could have been an act, but if he was that kind of guy, I think he would have left the scene of the crime in the first place.

As I said earlier, had he pulled forward a few inches, the OP would have never known.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:03 PM
pmata0630
Instructor

Originally Posted by ~Stingray

Good point, thanks. I just get really over protective of my car....I saved long and hard to get her, so I guess when things like this happen I just jump into major defensive mode. It sucks, but I have insurance for a reason, as long as no one gets hurt.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:06 PM
pmata0630
Instructor

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
Thats awesome...I'm sure they were equally pissed for you, and my hats off to you for keeping your cool. I am not a violent person, but I think I might have waited for this punk to show up and had a few words. I think calling the cops was the best thing for HIS safety.

Most of all, DO NOT let this guy spoil your enjoyment or willingness to take it out in public. Own it. Love it. Protect it...but most of all keep driving it, no matter what.
Roger that too! She is the best car I have ever driven, the first I have custom ordered, and the first that my wife has asked if she could borrow to drive when I'm off work (I work nights, so she wants to drive it during the day). She loves this car as much as I do, so it makes it easier when it comes time to mod LOL
Old 03-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Dan12
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You always hear the "it's only a car" comment. I generally get that from friends or inlaws who don't care about cars.

Meaning no bodily harm here get over it. Well I'd much rather get a scratch in my arm vs my car. I'd much rather have a shopping cart bump my leg vs my car.

i wonder how the "Its only a car people" would feel about someone walking up to them and putting a fairly deep scratch into their arm?

After all arms heal by themselves, cars don't.

"It's only an Arm"!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:51 PM
John C.
Intermediate

Wow—what a jerk. So glad there's no damage! Hopefully the cops showing up insured he won't pull that crap again!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:59 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
It's a friggen car. If you can't emotionally deal deal with it being out in the world, leave it in the garage. At least the guy didn't hit it and drive away! Manure occurs.

That said, I think it was pretty stupid of the Nissan owner to leave it touching. Had he moved it 5", the OP wouldn't have ever known the difference.
Ummmmm.... It's a $60k plus car. It's NOT just a car. It's an expensive piece of property that some ******* feels like they can damage with no repercussions. I feel the problem with the world today is that there is zero respect for anyone or their property and then those who make excuses for them. Just sayin.... It's just a car doesn't even enter the equation as much as it's HIS car which no one has the right to damage.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:26 PM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Looks like people do not drive any better in Wichita Falls now than when I was in high school there.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:37 PM
jimb100
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mjoacim
Ohhhhh yeah. Somebody wold be swallowing teeth. Yes, I carry that Desert E .50, too. It seconds as a legal set of brass knuckles.
Why do so many vette owners walk around angry so much of the time?

If the normal things that people do incite you to violence you should get some help with that before you hurt someone and wind up in jail.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:39 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan12
You always hear the "it's only a car" comment. I generally get that from friends or inlaws who don't care about cars.

Meaning no bodily harm here get over it. Well I'd much rather get a scratch in my arm vs my car. I'd much rather have a shopping cart bump my leg vs my car.

i wonder how the "Its only a car people" would feel about someone walking up to them and putting a fairly deep scratch into their arm?

After all arms heal by themselves, cars don't.

"It's only an Arm"!
These are our babies and the rudeness of others is infuriating! I drive round and round to find the "right" parking place even in my '02Z. I park back from other cars. Gee it seems that in a few months, you might be walking by "his" POS with your car keys sticking out of your pocket-OOPS!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:45 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

To be fair, this tends to happen all the time and not just to the nice cars. There is one Walmart near me that has parking spaces that are "not" at a slant and people are always having fender benders backing out. As has been said, they are cars and like most items, there are people that don't like it or respect it as much as you do.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:17 PM
mjoacim
Racer

Originally Posted by jimb100

If the normal things that people do incite you to violence you should get some help with that before you hurt someone and wind up in jail.
So when I take my big, lifted daily driver Silverado with a ClassIII hitch on the back and K.O. the front of your car, leave it there, deny that happened and tell you to "relax, Brittney", you're not gonna be upset, lol? That's just it, this SHOULDN'T be normal!!!! That's my only point. And the only reason I've shot someone before wasn't because I was angry there, sweetheart, it was because I was wearing camo, an American flag on my shoulder and THEY were shooting at ME. Poor guy's brand new car he busted his a$$ to get got popped by some clown with no regard for others and I was just sympathizing. So relax, Brittney.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:19 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by jimb100

I agree with you 100% that if a parking lot bump would incite any human being to violence, that person is in serious need of help.

What I really expect is the case is that people are just pounding their keyboard to sound nastier than they are in real life. Human nature.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Blue Lagoon
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vette_It_be
Dude you should have kicked his *** right then and there.
Not always
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Seriously?

Old 03-20-2014, 02:37 PM
bglmn
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Warrior
Its only a car. Mine was hit and run in a Costco parking lot 3 weeks after I got it. If you drive it on public roads park it in public lots something sooner or later is going to get you. What I found was much worse and guess what? my local body shop made it look all new again. Enjoy the car!
Dude! THAT was no accident.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:38 PM
mjoacim
Racer

:pis tols:
Old 03-20-2014, 03:36 PM
pcara
Advanced

People suck!!!!!

Quick Reply: Seriously?