Sponsored by:

Black interior 2LT vs 3LT

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 07:34 PM
golfbone
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Black interior 2LT vs 3LT

I am ordering a silver vert and went with black interior. Was prepared to get the 3LT and salesman basically talked me out of it with black interior. Showed me picks and I really couldnt tell the difference and adding 795 for nav means a 3K difference between the two.

Has anyone seen black 3lt vs 2lt in person to comment on difference? I am getting nav.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Art-2008
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you made the right choice...............of course this is coming from a guy who is getting a 1LT with black interior.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by golfbone
I am ordering a silver vert and went with black interior. Was prepared to get the 3LT and salesman basically talked me out of it with black interior. Showed me picks and I really couldnt tell the difference and adding 795 for nav means a 3K difference between the two.

Has anyone seen black 3lt vs 2lt in person to comment on difference? I am getting nav.
I too think you have made the correct choice. I also will be ordering the 2lt package with navigation. I personally believe you no one would ever notice the all leather interior and $3k seems waaaay to much for not seeing anything.....especially since you are getting black. I will be getting my interior in AR and at least you can tell its a 3lt by placement of the red on the dash.....but I still couldn't convince myself that was prudent with my money. In the end, you need to make yourself happy. I would rather get a loaded 2lt and have the 3K to put towards xpel, window tint, spash guards, jack pucks, ARH headers, etc.......
Old 03-27-2014, 07:47 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

You're asking a great question that's been asked here quite a few times. Unfortunately, I don't think we've ever gotten an answer from anyone who has seen and touched both interiors. Those who went with 3LT black swear by it as do those who have 2LT black. The real question is, "How much of a difference is there between the two?" We know that the 2LT uses stitched naugahide in some places (doors and top of dash) where the 3LT uses stitched leather; what we don't know is the extent to which one can actually tell the difference between the two. I'll be in Bowling Green next month for the museum bash; if they have cars with both interiors there I'll make it a point to get close-up photos and to provide a write-up here on the subject.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:49 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
I too think you have made the correct choice. I also will be ordering the 2lt package with navigation. I personally believe you no one would ever notice the all leather interior and $3k seems waaaay to much for not seeing anything.....especially since you are getting black. I will be getting my interior in AR and at least you can tell its a 3lt by placement of the red on the dash.....but I still couldn't convince myself that was prudent with my money. In the end, you need to make yourself happy. I would rather get a loaded 2lt and have the 3K to put towards xpel, window tint, spash guards, jack pucks, ARH headers, etc.......
Very well stated.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:49 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

I have a 2LT Jet Black interior and am very happy with it

(especially after coloring the white stitching to match the body color)
Old 03-27-2014, 08:06 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I have a 2LT Jet Black interior and am very happy with it

(especially after coloring the white stitching to match the body color)
Hmmm....Laguna Blue with blue stitching...that must look GREAT. Are you hirable? I don't have a C7 yet but I hope to order one this year. It will definitely be Laguna Blue and most likely black 2LT.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:10 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Hmmm....Laguna Blue with blue stitching...that must look GREAT. Are you hirable? I don't have a C7 yet but I hope to order one this year. It will definitely be Laguna Blue and most likely black 2LT.
VERY easy to do and it's the first thing folks seem to notice when they first get to look inside my car

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ever-imho.html
Old 03-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Diver Down
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

VERY easy to do and it's the first thing folks seem to notice when they first get to look inside my car

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ever-imho.html
I'm going to get a white marker to color the stitching so that it matches my arctic white exterior! I can't wait!

.............hold on..........errrrr..........don't tell me........this is a math question, right?......if a train leaves a station at 4:45 going 30 MPH...........DON'T TELL ME.......I got it........solve for b in quadratic formula..........

Old 03-27-2014, 08:21 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Location: Retired Suffolk County Police Dept NY South Carolina
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We know that the 2LT uses stitched naugahide in some places (doors and top of dash) where the 3LT uses stitched leather; what we don't know is the extent to which one can actually tell the difference between the two.
Many moons ago there were Naugas that roamed the plains as far as the eye can see. Then the whiteman and senselessly slaughtered this beautiful animal until they were on the brink of extension. I have driven cross country man time and have seen many herds of steers, cows and even Buffalos but not a single heard of Naugas. If getting an 3LT interior saves a single Nauga I will willing spend the extra money.
======================================

Buy the way I ordered a 3LT but the deal fell thru and I was lucky to find a car in dealers stock that was a 3LT. I noticed most of the cars the dealer had in stock were either 1LT or 3LT. I no not know if that just means that no one wanted the 1s and 3s and everyone chose to buy all his 2LTs but for me I had to have a silver & black vert manual 3LT with magnetic ride I forgot Z51, exhaust I wanted a few other options but I am happy that I was able to get what I consider to be the must have options.

Last edited by 2 Ag R8Cs; 03-27-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:22 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Diver Down
I'm going to get a white marker to color the stitching so that it matches my arctic white exterior! I can't wait!

.............hold on..........errrrr..........don't tell me........this is a math question, right?......if a train leaves a station at 4:45 going 30 MPH...........DON'T TELL ME.......I got it........solve for b in quadratic formula..........

"Why yes I DID recolor the stitching in my interior! It was simply white before but now it's Arctic White!"
Old 03-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Diver Down
Burning Brakes

"Why yes I DID recolor the stitching in my interior! It was simply white before but now it's Arctic White!"

:lol g:
Old 03-27-2014, 08:28 PM
Diver Down
Burning Brakes

Can you imagine the BEFORE and "AFTER" pictures?

Look at the DIFFERENCE!

Took 3 hours but.......totally worth it.....TOTALLY.....TOTES MAGOTES....
Old 03-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Vettefan666
Instructor

I traded a 1LT for a 2LT and I really like the extras. The seats fit much better because they give you more room in your lat area.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:27 AM
blackcoupeguy
Intermediate

You're asking a great question that's been asked here quite a few times. Unfortunately, I don't think we've ever gotten an answer from anyone who has seen and touched both interiors. Those who went with 3LT black swear by it as do those who have 2LT black. The real question is, "How much of a difference is there between the two?" We know that the 2LT uses stitched naugahide in some places (doors and top of dash) where the 3LT uses stitched leather; what we don't know is the extent to which one can actually tell the difference between the two. I'll be in Bowling Green next month for the museum bash; if they have cars with both interiors there I'll make it a point to get close-up photos and to provide a write-up here on the subject.
I have the 3LT in black on my Laguna blue car and it does feel better to the touch and keeps the reflections off the top of dash better, but most of all its worth it for the great smell of leather! I got one out of dealer stock and probably would not have sprung for it if custom ordering it, but am glad to have it now.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:41 AM
v26278
Melting Slicks

Received 147 Likes on 93 Posts

If you compare the two back to back the 3LT is much nicer and as posted above the smell of the leather is unmistakable. 2LT has a plasticky new car smell that is by no means offensive, but nothing special like the 3LT. Time will tell but I would expect the 3LT leather to hold up better over time.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:05 AM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by blackcoupeguy
I have the 3LT in black on my Laguna blue car and it does feel better to the touch and keeps the reflections off the top of dash better, but most of all its worth it for the great smell of leather! I got one out of dealer stock and probably would not have sprung for it if custom ordering it, but am glad to have it now.
If you can afford 3LT interior, buy it. On a $60,000+ car the extra $3,000 is worth it. That touch and smell makes getting in the car a pleasure. The poster above sums up my feelings about it.

Get notified of new replies

To Black interior 2LT vs 3LT

Old 03-28-2014, 07:11 AM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

We have the 3LT in gray and love it. Echoing the earlier posts, the smell, feel, and touch is wonderful. It is a value judgement for individual buyers. Neither is right or wrong, just an individual call. We have finally almost figured out the navigation system!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:16 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

Somebody with the 2LT interior....
Does the shifter boot on the manual transmission have white stitching, or is it all black?
Old 03-28-2014, 09:23 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0
Somebody with the 2LT interior....
Does the shifter boot on the manual transmission have white stitching, or is it all black?
Here's 2LT auto...manual is probably similar.

Quick Reply: Black interior 2LT vs 3LT