Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silver Vert/Black interior....anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 05:57 AM
golfbone
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Silver Vert/Black interior....anybody?

Anybody order this or have pics? I'm doing a 3LT.

Considered gray or Kalahari interior but I just think that black and silver is classic. I was talked out of the Kalahari by all 3 different dealers I spoke to and although gray looks fine I think that the black looks the best with a Silver car that has black wheels/carbon mirrors and flash.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:57 AM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

to each his own, but i like kalahari with kalahari top with silver. ordered C5 that way, lots of compliments.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:42 AM
yankeevetteconvert
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by golfbone

Considered gray or Kalahari interior but I just think that black and silver is classic. I was talked out of the Kalahari by all 3 different dealers I spoke to and although gray looks fine I think that the black looks the best with a Silver car that has black wheels/carbon mirrors and flash.
I have one with chrome wheels and IMHO it looks great.
Attached Images       

Last edited by yankeevetteconvert; 03-31-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:14 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Have you considered adrenaline red? Red and silver is a classic combo.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:00 AM
golfbone
Pro

Originally Posted by Corgidog1
Have you considered adrenaline red? Red and silver is a classic combo.
Considered red but I think it's too bright for day in and day out. I want something a bit more livable. If the red was more subdued I could go for it but it really is "adrenaline" red. I'd like something less bright.

Also I want yellow calipers, black wheels rather than red calipers.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 AM
RJ111
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by golfbone

A Dealer close to me in Clover, S.C. has A Silver Z51 3LT vert. on his website with pictures. And its available.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:56 PM
drace99
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Silver Coupe

I have the silver coupe with black int. I know it is not a vert, but I love the combo. I originally wanted cyber grey with kalahari int, but the black vents on the silver and artic white just POP. Silver with chrome wheels and black top is classic and will never go out of style. Also very, very easy to keep clean!!! I think you should go with your gut, you wont be disappointed!

Last edited by drace99; 03-31-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:42 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Location: Retired Suffolk County Police Dept NY South Carolina
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have it yet but I should have it soon,

I ordered one back in Nov but the deal fell through.

I was lucky to find a car that was almost exactly the same car in dealer stock.
Silver, black top, black wheels, 3LT, exhaust, magnetic ride. I did not want the battery guard but that was the way it came, it also has the carbon mirrors & spoiler.

I wanted museum delivery and the buyers factory tour so maybe next time I'll get it in 2016.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:29 PM
ahesq
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You want subdued, but you also want black wheels with yellow calipers?

I have the silver 3LT with red interior and red calipers.

Go with RED believe me. It's awesome with silver. You otherwise are wasting money for 3LT with everything monotone black inside. If you are still sticking with black interior, then in that case, I would go for 2LT, plus Navigation and save about $3,000.00.

My 2 cents.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:37 PM
golfbone
Pro

Originally Posted by ahesq
You want subdued, but you also want black wheels with yellow calipers?

I have the silver 3LT with red interior and red calipers.

Go with RED believe me. It's awesome with silver. You otherwise are wasting money for 3LT with everything monotone black inside. If you are still sticking with black interior, then in that case, I would go for 2LT, plus Navigation and save about $3,000.00.

My 2 cents.
I have no doubt that your red interior is awesome with silver.

As for my own situation I simply am not sure that i'd be comfortable driving day in and day out with a very bright red interior. I think it might affect my brain wave forms and cause me to make late night stops in 7/11s or something for red hots. I just think black or gray would fit better into my mojo on a daily basis.

Yeah the black with yellow calipers is pretty aggressive but I won't see it when I'm driving in my daily commute. It won't be surrounding me. I think it looks pretty good personally and everybody I've showed it to thinks it's pretty bitchin'...either that or they just lying to make me feel good (Oscar worthy performances for the most part I must say)

As far as 3LT vs 2LT with a black interior.....perhaps it's a waste of money but many here and other forums have seen both side by side and feel it's worth the xtra money for the feel and smell and all around messianic vibe the car gives off in 3LT. My way of looking at is that I won't regret spending the extra money but I am SURE I'd regret not spending it if I felt I should have.

Last edited by golfbone; 04-01-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Silver Vert/Black interior....anybody?

Quick Reply: Silver Vert/Black interior....anybody?