C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Within two to three weeks of delivery...FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 07:57 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,578 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Default Within two to three weeks of delivery...FINALLY!

Had a C7 coupe on order with a non-forum dealer for a couple of months. Finally cancelled the order when he admitted that he did not know when or if EVER my car would get built (of course the order was "price protected", pre increase). GONE now!!...

Somewhat demoralized, I had decided to just wait to order a 2015 and hold my breath anticipating additional price increases...

Then I stumbled across an amazing deal on a pre-price increase 2LT Arctic White convertible, automatic, black leather with suede inserts, black roof, with navigation, and performance exhaust...sooooo, nice... The car is sitting in a showroom several states away, but I got a very reasonable quote from Reliable Car Carriers for CLOSED transport. Mechum does say they are the best...

This took some thought. I had not planned to buy a vert. See, I thought the lines were prettier on the coupe, at least with the convertible top up, not to mention the vert was several thousand dollars more expensive. But it turns out I bought THIS vert for just a tad more than an equivalent coupe would cost me now (post increase) and I know from owning previous convertibles it is SO much easier pushing a button then removing a top (even a really light one)

So the dealer and I are in the final stages of sending checks and paperwork back and forth. I figure the vert will get picked up by the carrier late next week and be in my driveway maybe a week or so after that....

All I have left to say is I am finally able to...

Geez, now I REALLY can't wait....

Last edited by LIE2ME; 04-19-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:07 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

Congrats - sounds like an super looking Vette
Old 04-17-2014, 09:56 PM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

Congratulations. You will LOVE this car!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:09 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Awesome
Old 04-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Old-Timer
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrads on your purchase of the conv, I hope you will be very happy. I got word that you were next on the list at your original dealership, right after mine was allocated. well my coupe was built on the 14th and should have it next week. I traded in a 2012 a/w conv. 2lt with only 1800 miles on it. could not drive it with roof down because of ear problems, too much buffeting. Happy motoring, Bob
Old 04-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Aflyer
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

SilverBlue,
Congratulations on your decision and purchase. I went with the coupe for a little more carrying capacity. And because I haven't had one since my 1975.

I really like what they did with the C7 soft top, it looks way better than my C5 top, and the power operation is pretty cool too.

Happy motoring.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:20 AM
c5eddiem
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like good news!

I did almost the same thing. Coupe on order, cancelled, found a pre-price-increase car. Now in my garage!

I found mine just 10 miles away. I was ordering at a dealer with a decent allocation, but it wasn't getting picked up by GM. Decided to check a local dealer that I expected to sell very few Vettes. Sitting on the showroom floor was MY new CRM 'Vert, all the right options, ready to go. Dealer and I quickly agreed on price - he was very reasonable on my trade-in and discount on the Vette!

Enjoy your car,
Ed
Old 04-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

Congrats, smart move, hope it arrives soon, enjoy!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:38 AM
wkfo1313
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's great !

Glad you are getting taken care of....I ordered my Torch Red Z51 with Blk wheels, Jet Blk int and Blk carbon fiber top in October. Last update from two weeks ago was that I am the next in line for allocation from my dealer. He says he averages one Z51 allocation every 3 weeks. If true, I will be looking at my C7 in about 5-6 weeks. Its killing me to wait this long, but since its taken forever, I guess I can survive a few more weeks as I really want EXACTLY what I ordered. I just hope my salesman is not BSing me. Whoever did the forecasting for demand on the Z51 should be fired !

This took some thought. I had not planned to buy a vert. See, I thought the lines were prettier on the coupe, at least with the convertible top up, not to mention the vert was several thousand dollars more expensive. But it turns out I bought THIS vert for just a tad more than an equivalent coupe would cost me now (post increase) and I know from owning previous convertibles it is SO much easier pushing a button then removing a top (even a really light one)

So the dealer and I are in the final stages of sending checks and paperwork back and forth. I figure the vert will get picked up by the carrier late next week and be in my driveway maybe a week or so after that....

All I have left to say is I am finally able to...

Geez, now I REALLY can't wait....[/QUOTE]
Old 04-19-2014, 11:36 AM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,578 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by wkfo1313
Glad you are getting taken care of....I ordered my Torch Red Z51 with Blk wheels, Jet Blk int and Blk carbon fiber top in October. Last update from two weeks ago was that I am the next in line for allocation from my dealer. He says he averages one Z51 allocation every 3 weeks. If true, I will be looking at my C7 in about 5-6 weeks. Its killing me to wait this long, but since its taken forever, I guess I can survive a few more weeks as I really want EXACTLY what I ordered. I just hope my salesman is not BSing me. Whoever did the forecasting for demand on the Z51 should be fired !
Been waiting since October?????

You are far more patient than I. I know you have probably heard this a hundred times on this forum, but why didn't you buy from a forum dealer? That is what I SHOULD have done in the first place. One of the forum dealers even offered the same deal I had received from my non-forum dealer, but (don't laugh) I felt a sense of "loyalty" to the non-forum dealer I had just sent the deposit check to. Now thankfully in my particular case things actually turned very much for the better, but not until after MUCH gnashing of teeth.

One final thought, in the past few weeks I have read a number of forum posts from Z51 buyers who had recently received calls and e-mails from their dealers informing them there was little to no chance they were going to see their Z51 orders before the end of the 2014 model year. My only advice to you is to maintain close contact with your dealer and make sure you are TRULY comfortable he can actually deliver a Z51 to you before the end of the model year.

I certainly wish you luck...
Old 04-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Purchasing this new hot off the designer's desk car has been interesting. Who would of thought there would have been an order backlog (this long after introduction and into the next model year). I can't remember it ever happening before?
Old 04-19-2014, 04:17 PM
wkfo1313
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been keeping in touch on a monthly basis. I am headed out on vacation to Maui in about a week and when I get back 10 days later, there better be a movement in the order tracking status or I may just say the hell with it and move on. I have other things I could sink 70K into that others would say are more important, but they so far have failed to convince me of that.

Originally Posted by Silverblue
Been waiting since October?????

You are far more patient than I. I know you have probably heard this a hundred times on this forum, but why didn't you buy from a forum dealer? That is what I SHOULD have done in the first place. One of the forum dealers even offered the same deal I had received from my non-forum dealer, but (don't laugh) I felt a sense of "loyalty" to the non-forum dealer I had just sent the deposit check to. Now thankfully in my particular case things actually turned very much for the better, but not until after MUCH gnashing of teeth.

One final thought, in the past few weeks I have read a number of forum posts from Z51 buyers who had recently received calls and e-mails from their dealers informing them there was little to no chance they were going to see their Z51 orders before the end of the 2014 model year. My only advice to you is to maintain close contact with your dealer and make sure you are TRULY comfortable he can actually deliver a Z51 to you before the end of the model year.

I certainly wish you luck...
Old 04-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Sailfun
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
Purchasing this new hot off the designer's desk car has been interesting. Who would of thought there would have been an order backlog (this long after introduction and into the next model year). I can't remember it ever happening before?
Honda S2000. There really is no order backlog now other then the stupid allocation system chevy has. Most dealers now seem to have unsold cars in stock. On any car getting exactly the options you want usually requires ordering the car. Take a look on Ebay and the classified section here. Lots of C7's you can pickup tomorrow.

Get notified of new replies

To Within two to three weeks of delivery...FINALLY!

Quick Reply: Within two to three weeks of delivery...FINALLY!