Sponsored by:

Price Increase Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 12:52 PM
romaja
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Price Increase Question

I currently have a deposit down on a 2015 C7 through a dealer. I asked him about future price increases once I have placed my order with them in the coming months. If I understood him correctly, He said that I am not protected as GM charges them for the increase.

I have read the dealers "Terms and Conditions" and it states
"In the event the price to the dealer of a new motor vehicle ordered hereunder is changed by the manufacturer prior to delivery of the motor vehicle ordered, The dealer reserves the right to change the cash delivered price of such motor vehicle accordingly".

From what I have gathered so far, Gm has said they will honor the old price if you had an insisting order. Although I haven't found anything from GM officially.

It appears that the dealer would not pay for the price increase but will pass it along to me. These price increases can be significant hence the clarification ( last one was $3200 for a Z51).

Thoughts?
Old 04-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

He can not protect you because the 2015 prices have not been announced. The current pricing is for 2014. Each model year of ANY car comes with new pricing. That pricing may be the same but it is still the price of a new model year.

You are going to love your car!
Old 04-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Once your order is place and you have the order number your order is price protected. The dealer will get the difference back from GM. If you change anything on the order after the price increase you will have to pay the new price.

If your dealer will not honor the ordered price then find another dealer now before it is to late.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:02 PM
romaja
Racer

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Once your order is place and you have the order number your order is price protected. The dealer will get the difference back from GM. If you change anything on the order after the price increase you will have to pay the new price.

If your dealer will not honor the ordered price then find another dealer now before it is to late.
Thanks for your prompt reply and info. Looks like I will have to look for another dealer. I have had a deposit down for awhile but is refundable up until the time I place the order.

Regards
Old 04-20-2014, 01:08 PM
romaja
Racer

Originally Posted by Bill17601
He can not protect you because the 2015 prices have not been announced. The current pricing is for 2014. Each model year of ANY car comes with new pricing. That pricing may be the same but it is still the price of a new model year.

Thanks for the clarification. The question I presented him with was once the 2015 order books are open and I place my order, am I protected against subsequent increases between order and delivery. His answer was that I am not protected and the dealer has written that into their Additional Terms and Conditions.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Highway 61
Pro

Location: Between Forest Lake and White Bear Lake in the Land of 10,000+ lakes
Received 41 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601

Old 04-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Highway 61
Pro

Originally Posted by Corvette ED

This is only true for the 2014's.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:26 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Once they can actually place it in the system, if you send a deposit to MacMulkin they WILL price guarantee the car price. As honest a dealer as it gets.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:29 PM
romaja
Racer

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Once they can actually place it in the system, if you send a deposit to MacMulkin they WILL price guarantee the car price. As honest a dealer as it gets.
Thanks. I might just do that. I live up in the Northwest and I think I will have to start looking farther east.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Highway 61
Pro

Originally Posted by romaja
I currently have a deposit down on a 2015 C7 through a dealer. I asked him about future price increases once I have placed my order with them in the coming months. If I understood him correctly, He said that I am not protected as GM charges them for the increase.

I have read the dealers "Terms and Conditions" and it states
"In the event the price to the dealer of a new motor vehicle ordered hereunder is changed by the manufacturer prior to delivery of the motor vehicle ordered, The dealer reserves the right to change the cash delivered price of such motor vehicle accordingly".

From what I have gathered so far, Gm has said they will honor the old price if you had an insisting order. Although I haven't found anything from GM officially.

It appears that the dealer would not pay for the price increase but will pass it along to me. These price increases can be significant hence the clarification ( last one was $3200 for a Z51).

Thoughts?
Romaja, what I think you're not understanding is, you can't lock in 2014 pricing for a 2015 model no matter who you buy from. The 2015's will be higher priced and if you put money down now on a 2015, you will be price protected only on any future price increases after the new 2015 prices come out.

Good luck.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:11 PM
romaja
Racer

Thanks for the clarification. The question I presented him with was once the 2015 order books are open and I place my order, am I protected against subsequent increases between order and delivery. His answer was that I am not protected and the dealer has written that into their Additional Terms and Conditions.

Originally Posted by Highway 61
Romaja, what I think you're not understanding is, you can't lock in 2014 pricing for a 2015 model no matter who you buy from. The 2015's will be higher priced and if you put money down now on a 2015, you will be price protected only on any future price increases after the new 2015 prices come out.

Good luck.
Sorry for the confusion. I might have not made myself clear. I have added quotes from another reply of mine above. I have no expectation on getting 2014 pricing. Yes, I realize that 2015 is not available. My dealer has told me that when I place my 2015 order ( we then know the pricing ) that if their are any 2015 price increases between the time I place an order and time of delivery I will be responsible for that additional amount.

Happy Easter!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Highway 61
Pro

Sorry for the confusion. I might have not made myself clear. I have added quotes from another reply of mine above. I have no expectation on getting 2014 pricing. Yes, I realize that 2015 is not available. My dealer has told me that when I place my 2015 order ( we then know the pricing ) that if their are any 2015 price increases between the time I place an order and time of delivery I will be responsible for that additional amount.

Happy Easter!
I would go with a different dealer then. If this dealer had allocation for you to use as soon as the 2015's start production, any mid year price increases would be a moot point.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:50 PM
romaja
Racer

I would go with a different dealer then. If this dealer had allocation for you to use as soon as the 2015's start production, any mid year price increases would be a moot point.
Thanks. I will heed your advice!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Price Increase Question

Quick Reply: Price Increase Question