ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

To me it did.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:30 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,836 Likes on 660 Posts

I don't spend time feeling my dash so honestly I could care less about the grain of the leather. Different strokes.....
Old 11-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Rave
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

I wanted the red interior and chose the 2LT because I didn't want red up on the dash. I've seen video of the 3LT's reflecting in the sun onto the windshield. I much prefer the dash to be dark with no reflections.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:21 PM
srosenbldr
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Rave
I wanted the red interior and chose the 2LT because I didn't want red up on the dash. I've seen video of the 3LT's reflecting in the sun onto the windshield. I much prefer the dash to be dark with no reflections.
Agreed. That's why I did the same with my Kalahari.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:58 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by srosenbldr
Agreed. That's why I did the same with my Kalahari.
Me too.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:34 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
I wonder which one will wear better and look best five years from now. I was reading on another car forum about leatherette seats and a lot of guys were saying they wore better and looked better after a few years of use than real leather. I think both look really nice and dont think the average Joe could tell the difference if not side by side.
You hit the nail on the head!... Years ago, leather never stood up to heat and wear anywhere as well as vinyl, but it looked great when new.

I have 2 Pontiac G8 GT's. My 08' has spent relatively little time in the sun and the interior and steering wheel look new. My 09' was purchased after the car set out in Florida sun for 8 months. It is now in IA where we don't have a garage for it in the summer. So it sits in the sun for about 5 months a year. The leather on the spokes of the steering wheel is shrinking and is in such bad condition, it needs the whole wheel replaced. There are other issues inside due to sun and heat ( black interior). Sad... both cars have less than 30K so should still be perfect inside.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:54 AM
Virtual Geezer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

2LT? 3LT? Who cares? Last I heard the Corvette is still a sports car, not a sofa.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:04 AM
NavyBlue2
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 73 Posts

But some prefers to pay $3800 extra for the leather sofa...
Old 11-03-2014, 08:26 AM
youcancallmeray
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot77
To me its like "potato" or "powtoto". Have you ever heard the term "picking fly s__t out of pepper"??? I have learned over the decades that you can spend a ton of money on lots of "foolish stuff" that when you go to sell it the next man doesn't give a da__ about and he isn't going to pay you for it either. Believe me I have sold dozens of cars over my lifetime including 4 on EBAY and nobody cares about the "fine leather" that you spent an extra ton of money on.
Your argument is meaningless as far as I am concerned.
I chose the 3LT option for myself and MY enjoyment. I don't care what effect this has or doesn't on resale. It is not an investment. If it was there would be no reason for anyone to buy a Corvette at any trim level.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:25 AM
docf
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Hey, could you comment on the stitching? Is it silver on both trims?

The 2LT is VINYL, not leather . And it's vinyl everywhere, except the seat inserts. I was expecting the door and center console arm rests to be leather, but only on the 3LT are. Having said that, the vinyl wrap with contrast stitching looks a million times better than the acres of hard plastic on C6 Vettes. Most other cars are just plastic, so kudos to GM for using vinyl wrap rather than just plastic.

Finally, it really pisses me off GM charges 3 grand for the leather 'wrap', when Porsche charges $2,400, and that includes the entire dash (upper and lower), plus the entire center console area. In my case, I really want the Alcantara headliner, so that's an incentive to spring for the 3LT. But as noted, with so little difference, it's going to lose even more value than it did on the C6. I had to sell my 4LT GS as a 3LT. Oh well. Have a good one folks.
I'm sure you can get alcantara post buy done at a good upholstery shop.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Ltespd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rave
Same here. 1lt, 2Lt, 3lt...people always have to find a way to feel superior.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:20 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltespd
Same here. 1lt, 2Lt, 3lt...people always have to find a way to feel superior.
Or maybe it's just a matter of different people having different preferences.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:25 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Black-Ray14
I love the way adrenaline red looks in 3LT.
I agree. The two tone dash and doors really look nice on 3LT. I don't care for 2 LT AR combination nearly as much.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:51 PM
vettman96
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

This may not be accurate, but I understand that 3LT chairs are
completely leather front and rear, not just on seating surfaces.
Is that correct?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Rct851
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
So, it's kinda' like you are standing there with your expensive leather jacket on, calling out all the 2LT buyers because you THINK we all purchased cheap vinyl jackets. Did I capture that correctly?
Troll?

Last edited by Rct851; 11-03-2014 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Too much butthurt
Old 05-23-2015, 12:04 AM
fpcopo
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbob26
I got 3LT in Kalahari because I always wanted an all-leather interior. I would have preferred a bit less kalahari all over the dash, as the 3LT in red with the black leather dash and red highlights pops. From looking a the photos of the 2015 Z06's it looks like the blue leather in one of the cars has a slightly different pattern for covering the dash (i.e. only the driver's side is colored and the remainder of the dash is black). I don't know if this means the regular C7s will follow this pattern or will continue as was done for the 2014 year.

Either way, i'm happy with what I got, love the full leather (and the smell), and have no regrets in that I see myself seeing the car for many years. If money is not a huge concern I say go with the 3LT.
Maybe I'm just old and dumb but I just got a black interior 2lt and I looked and looked to see what the doors and dash were covered with because it looked and felt so much like real leather. I'm not disappointed to fine out it is not leather because it looks so damn good with the stitching. Also I had a figure on what I wanted to spend and the $4k extra would have put me out of that range. Besides the money saved allowed me to get the comp seats and the PDR. Now I'm wondering if the comp seats are all leather.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:28 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by fpcopo
Maybe I'm just old and dumb but I just got a black interior 2lt and I looked and looked to see what the doors and dash were covered with because it looked and felt so much like real leather. I'm not disappointed to fine out it is not leather because it looks so damn good with the stitching. Also I had a figure on what I wanted to spend and the $4k extra would have put me out of that range. Besides the money saved allowed me to get the comp seats and the PDR. Now I'm wondering if the comp seats are all leather.
I'm in complete agreement with you. A month after starting this thread I ordered my 2015 coupe. After a lot of back and forth I ended up going with Jet Black 2LT and couldn't be happier with it. That's not taking anything away from the black 3LT which is outstanding in every regard. The quality of the 2LT interior is so good, though, that it's very easy to justify getting it and saving several thousand dollars.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally! I did a side-by-side comparison of 2LT / 3LT black interiors

Old 05-23-2015, 07:18 AM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Received 3,129 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Originally Posted by fpcopo
Just wanted to give you a:THAT A BOY For doing a search and not starting another thread, on and another thread,and again on the same topic.
Ohh 1 more time....
Old 05-23-2015, 08:19 AM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Finally, it really pisses me off GM charges 3 grand for the leather 'wrap', when Porsche charges $2,400, and that includes the entire dash (upper and lower), plus the entire center console area. In my case, I really want the Alcantara headliner, so that's an incentive to spring for the 3LT. But as noted, with so little difference, it's going to lose even more value than it did on the C6. I had to sell my 4LT GS as a 3LT. Oh well. Have a good one folks.
Porsche charges away more for a complete leather interior.

If your just considering the dash wrap sure but did you include the $3,200 for the seat package required to get the dash and everything else wrapped.

It's a good 6-7 grand to wrap the interior of a Porsche in leather. It also depends on the car. On the Macan you could do the seats, the upper dash, lower dash, etc...on that I think it came to just about 7k if I remember right to do the whole interior.

I think the dash and door material is more than acceptable in the 2LT. Now after 12K I think my 2LT AR seats look like cheap. I thought they were acceptable when I got the car. But after getting my S4 with Nappa and now my wife's SQ5 in Nappa with the Black/Red seats I'll be getting mine redone.

My original plan was to save the 4K on 3LT and get an aftermarket interior done anyways with the cash and I'll get that done this summer.

Last edited by NoOne; 05-23-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:42 AM
F7addict
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I'm in complete agreement with you. A month after starting this thread I ordered my 2015 coupe. After a lot of back and forth I ended up going with Jet Black 2LT and couldn't be happier with it. That's not taking anything away from the black 3LT which is outstanding in every regard. The quality of the 2LT interior is so good, though, that it's very easy to justify getting it and saving several thousand dollars.
Thank you. Helped my decision a ton. I originally ordered my 16 in 3lt but was worried I made a bad decision as I'm going all black and would like to use the extra cash for other adds. I don't use nav and certainly won't use pdr. I looked at a 2lt and honestly it looked great To me. I'm trading my 15 3lt for a 16 2lt and buying the ground effects package as well as the carbon fibre dash with the savings. Thank you again for this post!!!!

Last edited by F7addict; 05-23-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Finally! I did a side-by-side comparison of 2LT / 3LT black interiors