Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 04-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
RedC7AZ
CF Senior Member

Default C7 Owners: What is your Top 3?

For those of us that owned and loved our C6, and now own a C7, what are your Top 3 Improvements in the C7.

For me:
1) Exterior Styling - GM nailed the combo of keeping the essence of the Corvette and giving an exotic, modern look. The one design element I was hoping for was the pronounced Ferrari-like completely horizontal beltline just rear of the side windows, and GM came through.

2) Steering - better feel, response, control, weight.

3) Interior - Materials and Design
Some Examples: stitched dash, fabric on the A pillars, steering wheel design, door design, top of dash soft material in 1/2LT, wide leather center console armrest, more driver centric layout, to name a few.
RedC7AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
KenHorse
Obama is a dangerous Putz
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui..... The Obama Regime is The Most Dishonest, Corrupt And Criminal In US History©

Pissed off C6 owners

(actually had one tell me at a local cars & coffee "I don't like the C7 and nobody I know does". First words out of his mouth as I parked next to his C6)
KenHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
RKInIL
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Pissed off C6 owners

(actually had one tell me at a local cars & coffee "I don't like the C7 and nobody I know does". First words out of his mouth as I parked next to his C6)
You must realize not everyone is going to like the C7 or even grow to like the C7. I was at my Chevy dealer the other day and there was a black C7 waiting to be picked up from service. As I got out I gave it a glance and the service writer and C5 owner yelled from his desk. "I'll tell you one thing GM didn't consult any of us when they designed that car" They made it for the dot commers taste only!!! I run into this all the time talking about the C7 its not at all unusual. Honestly I have not seen such negative reactions to a Corvette in years. You like it thats all that counts but just remember not everyone does.

Last edited by RKInIL; 04-26-2014 at 02:15 PM.
RKInIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
wgood
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedC7AZ View Post
For those of us that owned and loved our C6, and now own a C7, what are your Top 3 Improvements in the C7.

For me:
1) Exterior Styling - GM nailed the combo of keeping the essence of the Corvette and giving an exotic, modern look. The one design element I was hoping for was the pronounced Ferrari-like completely horizontal beltline just rear of the side windows, and GM came through.

Some Examples: stitched dash, fabric on the A pillars, steering wheel design, door design, top of dash soft material in 1/2LT, wide leather center console armrest, more driver centric layout, to name a few.
I guess as a former C 5 owner we don't count in this game !!!! Wayne
wgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Big Dan 427
CF Senior Member

Another hugely valuable comment in post #2. And they say the C7 guys don't start the $hit storm.
Big Dan 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
Big Dan 427
CF Senior Member

Talk to your buddy in post 2, I actually thought you started a good thread. Ask him why he posted such a useless post, you should be jumping him!
Old 04-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #7
RedC7AZ
CF Senior Member

Can't even get a thread with a question aimed strictly at C7 owners off the ground properly Geez.

Topic is Top 3.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #8
Supersonic 427
CF Senior Member

Quote:

For me:

Those would be my top 3 also! Many who have never liked the Corvette since the C2 or C3 era...likes the C7. Heard very many comments stating just that!
Supersonic 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #9
RedC7AZ
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgood View Post
I guess as a former C 5 owner we don't count in this game !!!! Wayne
You may provide a cumulative list
Old 04-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
KenHorse
Obama is a dangerous Putz
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui..... The Obama Regime is The Most Dishonest, Corrupt And Criminal In US History©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 View Post
Talk to your buddy in post 2, I actually thought you started a good thread. Ask him why he posted such a useless post, you should be jumping him!
Ok, the 3 things I like most about the C7

1) Much improved low end torque and interior
2) Very solid feeling and tracking
3) It pisses you off

Better?
KenHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #11
wan65
CF Senior Member

I thought the sales of the C-7 were doing great, ummm.
wan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:37 PM   #12
tbasco 6
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Ok, the 3 things I like most about the C7

1) Much improved low end torque and interior
2) Very solid feeling and tracking
3) It pisses you off

Better?
tbasco 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #13
Steve_R
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

1. Styling

2. Interior quality, fit and finish

3. C6 owners coming into C7 forum incessantly to post useless inflammatory comments
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #14
Big Dan 427
CF Senior Member

Post 10 and 13, I think you guys are having trouble grasping what the OP asked. I'm comprehending that he wants to know what the 3 best improvements over your previous C6, assuming you two had one tell us all how both your number 3 reasons are improvements.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #15
RedC7AZ
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKInIL View Post
You must realize not everyone is going to like the C7 or even grow to like the C7. I was at my Chevy dealer the other day and there was a black C7 waiting to be picked up from service. As I got out I gave it a glance and the service writer and C5 owner yelled from his desk. "I'll tell you one thing GM didn't consult any of us when they designed that car" They made it for the dot commers taste only!!! I run into this all the time talking about the C7 its not at all unusual. Honestly I have not seen such negative reactions to a Corvette in years. You like it thats all that counts but just remember not everyone does.
The point is.....C7 owners can honestly care less if not everyone likes the C7. Every Corvette generation has people with negative opinions. So, you've not shed any earth-shattering information we don't already know. For that matter I don't think C6 .... C1 owners care about any negative comments on their cars either.

Your "feeling" that that there is a lot of negative reaction, is again, just your feeling, so taken with a grain of salt. For some strange reason you must have an overly-keen radar up for just negative comments about the C7 and not the other generations.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 04-26-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #16
vette2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKInIL View Post
JEALOUS PEOPLE. LMAO
vette2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #17
RedC7AZ
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Pissed off C6 owners

That type of BS ('cause that's exactly what is is....BS) is classless for any Corvette owner of any generation to say to another Corvette owner, and your frustration is probably felt by all Corvette owners, even other C6 owners.

Me, I would have rolled my eyes, given him big fat "Ohhhh Pluuuuuleeeeae", chuckled, smirked at him and walked away. That's a good way to let him know he's FOS.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 04-26-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #18
vette2014

Quote:
That type of BS ('cause that's exactly what is is....BS) is classless for any Corvette owner of any generation to say to another Corvette owner, and your frustration is probably felt by all Corvette owners, even other C6 owners.

Me, I would have rolled my eyes, given him big fat "Ohhhh Pluuuuuleeeeae", chuckled, smirked at him and walked away. That's a good way to let him know he's FOS.
Jealous & classless people won't allow in this planet.
vette2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #19
RKInIL
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette2014 View Post
Jealous & classless people won't allow in this planet.
Your joking I hope? Time to quote Lucy!
Attached Images

Last edited by RKInIL; 04-26-2014 at 03:17 PM.
RKInIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #20
Steve_R
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 View Post
Post 10 and 13, I think you guys are having trouble grasping what the OP asked. I'm comprehending that he wants to know what the 3 best improvements over your previous C6, assuming you two had one tell us all how both your number 3 reasons are improvements.
I had a C6 and grasped what the OP asked just fine. It's an anonymous internet forum. Get over yourself.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:19 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page C7 Owners: What is your Top 3?