Sponsored by:

Windows down from FOB

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 02:09 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Windows down from FOB

With my C5 and C6 I had to buy the Window Valet to be able to lower my windows as I approached my car. Very helpful venting the cabin on a hot day or getting into the car if someone parked too close.

Does the C7 have this feature built-in?

Thanks

Tom
Order # RTHBWV
Old 05-07-2014, 02:12 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

You can start the lowering top option on the fob and not continue past when the windows lower. That is if you have a convertible (not sure that this is available on all LT levels).

Last edited by owc6; 05-07-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:16 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a Window Valet on both of my C6's as well and it was a great little device. Unfortunately that feature is not built in on the C7. That said, I've been communicating with Southern Car Parts about the Window Valet for the C7 and it's being said that it should be released in a month or so. That said, the date does seem to keep getting pushed out so one can only hope that it's released soon.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Kayir
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you guys realize the C7 has remote start. . .just start the engine and it'll blow cold air from the AC or heat depending on the season as you walk to your car. . .
Old 05-07-2014, 02:27 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Kayir
you guys realize the C7 has remote start. . .just start the engine and it'll blow cold air from the AC or heat depending on the season as you walk to your car. . .
Yes, but that doesn't help if you need to squeeze in and around the window if some knuckelhead parks too close to you. Happens all the time in parking garages. Being able to drop the window really helps getting in under those circumstances.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:27 PM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Available only in the A6
Old 05-07-2014, 02:33 PM
VG
Virtual George

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Navy

Default Wiondows Up

The best thing about my C5 and this option, was when I put the top up. The windows would still be down. You had to get back in and insert the key to put the windows up. With this option, you could put the windows up from the key FOB and not have to get back in. Looking forward to the C7 version being released.

VG
Old 05-07-2014, 02:35 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Not sure what remote engine start has to do with the Window roll up/down feature the OP mentioned other then your point about the AC/Heat. Not to mention that remote start is only available with the automatic transmission.

One of the advantages of the Window Valet is being able to close your window from the FOB after you exit the car. Just push the lock button a couple times and the windows roll up. Push the unlock button a couple times and the windows roll down. It's a nice feature to have and trust me, once you have it, you learn to love it. Especially for the price.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Kayir
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

slief, it was in reference to approaching a hot car on a sunny day and wanting to cool it off before you get inside. . .opening the windows is one way, firing it up and letting the AC go is another. didn't realize it was just on automatic cars. nor does it help with getting in if someone parked too close. although if you turn it on and start the engine you can open the door slightly and hit the power window button and proceed that way. . .as for learning to love it, i have no doubt i'd want it. My old S5 cab had a similar function and I used it all the time. . .including hte whole convertible roof. I'd lower it as i walked to the car!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:04 PM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The "all windows down and sunroof open" feature came standard on my 2010 Acura MDX and 2013 RDX by simply pressing the UNLOCK button of the key FOB twice in rapid sucession. Like a built-in Window Valet from the factory except you cannot reverse it to close everything. Who knew? Thanks GM.

PS: We have Window Valets on both our C6s and our C5s before them - best aftermarket item since sliced bread.

Last edited by vetdude; 05-07-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,074 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Window valet also allows you to easily "crack the windows open" slightly with a few fob button presses. Helps heat escape during the day.

I will definitely get one for the C7 when they become available.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Gr8ful
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My other cars have that feature. Is it a plug and play add on or is some wire cutting involved?
Old 05-07-2014, 06:27 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Gr8ful
My other cars have that feature. Is it a plug and play add on or is some wire cutting involved?
It's a little tiny module that plugs directly into the OBD II port under the steering column. It takes only a few seconds to install and is 100% plug and play.
Here is a link to the C5/C6 version. They will likely look identical to the C7 version when it's released.
http://www.southerncarparts.com/corv...alet-p-69.html

Last edited by slief; 05-07-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:01 PM
cmicasa
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Slief.. Just wondering since you had it in your C6, have you tried the part in your C7? Or did you sell it with the C6 and can't? Or is the OBD II Port different?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:20 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cmicasa
Slief.. Just wondering since you had it in your C6, have you tried the part in your C7? Or did you sell it with the C6 and can't? Or is the OBD II Port different?
Sold it with the Z06 but I know for sure that the C6 version doesn't work on the C7. If it did, you can bet the vendors would be selling them like hot cakes and you would see them advertised all over this forum like they are in the C6 section. The C7's software is completely different than the C6 despite sharing the common OBD II port.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

In addition to the window operation, Window Valet has other features.

•1 - The "subtle alarm" mode will cause the horn to toot three times whenever someone pulls on an outside door handle while the car is locked. If a valid FOB is detected and the door unlocks because the C6's passive mode is enabled, the horn will not sound. It's a, you're busted message to kids trolling for unlocked cars.

•2 - "Unlock on brake" will unlock the doors whenever the hand brake is set. It will re-lock the doors whenever the brake is released. This feature is only available when the engine is running. It's convenient when dropping off a passenger.

•3 - The "high speed/tach report" will show the highest speed and the highest RPM recorded by the Window Valet™ for C6 since it was last cleared. These values are shown directly on the speedometer and tachometer's analog needles. Only mph on a 200mph style gauge is available. To recall the values, press and hold RESET on the Instrument Panel Cluster while tapping unlock six (6) times on the driver's door panel. Speeds up to 100mph will be shown. To show the remainder over 100mph, press the GAUGES button. Press RESET again to exit, or press FUEL to clear the high values and exit.

Get notified of new replies

To Windows down from FOB

Quick Reply: Windows down from FOB