C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A lot of strange color combos rolling off the factory line today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 02:15 AM
RKInIL
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A lot of strange color combos rolling off the factory line today.

I must say I would stay away from Kalahari ANYTHING. I would call it more Terra Cotta or flower pot orange. It will look good with the new orange color for 2015 maybe Cyber Gray otherwise don't order it IMO. It looked VERY VERY Orange in the sun light. One example was a crystal red vert with flower pot orange top and guts very truly HIDEOUS looking. Honestly GM should not allow that combo to be built. Kalahari is nowhere near a tan or beige substitute. They need a vert top to match the brown stone interior and ditch that terrible orange top. I wonder if they changed the name from the exotic sounding Kalahari to flower pot orange if people would still order it??

Last edited by RKInIL; 05-06-2014 at 02:32 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:15 AM
cb98coupe
Burning Brakes

OP IS A TROLL . Mods please shut him down . OP , go find something to do like play a video game or something .
Old 05-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by RKInIL
I must say I would stay away from Kalahari ANYTHING. I would call it more Terra Cotta or flower pot orange. It will look good with the new orange color for 2015 maybe Cyber Gray otherwise don't order it IMO. It looked VERY VERY Orange in the sun light. One example was a crystal red vert with flower pot orange top and guts very truly HIDEOUS looking. Honestly GM should not allow that combo to be built. Kalahari is nowhere near a tan or beige substitute. They need a vert top to match the brown stone interior and ditch that terrible orange top. I wonder if they changed the name from the exotic sounding Kalahari to flower pot orange if people would still order it??
It looks to me as if the article comparing the Jaguar to the Vette showed photos of a green Vette with a Kalahari top and interior. It looked pretty nice to me. GM must think so too since they undoubtedly made that car available (out of all the color combinations that they could) to the writers for their road test.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:16 AM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

My interior is kalahari and it is absolutely an ideal interior color for most of the C7 exterior colors. I suggest the OP take off his rose-tinted glasses.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SRQStingray
My interior is kalahari and it is absolutely an ideal interior color for most of the C7 exterior colors. I suggest the OP take off his rose-tinted glasses.

I have TR with it ... love it.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:22 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I always thought Kalahari looks great with most colors.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Supercrewbear
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at the plant recently and I think Kalahari is an excellent color - it does look super classic with the Lime Rock Green exterior - I saw a number of them on the line. I was talking to one of the engineers and told him that I hoped they would PLEASE keep the Kalahari interior option available until I could get one - I'm wanting a C7 in a year or so... (right now I'm thinking Arctic White w/Kalahari) He told me that Kalahari was their #3 most popular interior option and that it wasn't going anywhere. I don't understand why people get so upset about something like that when they don't HAVE to buy it - I don't care for black interiors whatsoever - even though one of my cars has it... (Liked the car, the only interior color choice.) I don't have to buy it so why should I care if someone else does?

Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 AM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 523 Likes on 313 Posts

Color combos are different strokes for different folks. Some like bold, some conservative, etc. If it isn't yours then who gives a rats azz?

I like everything from triple black to the bold combos... I'll take Yellow with Red interior; Laguna Blue with red, Silver with Red... I'd also go standard fare with Laguna with Gray, etc....

There are color combos I don't care for but I do understand that others like them.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:44 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteLT193
Color combos are different strokes for different folks. Some like bold, some conservative, etc. If it isn't yours then who gives a rats azz?

I like everything from triple black to the bold combos... I'll take Yellow with Red interior; Laguna Blue with red, Silver with Red... I'd also go standard fare with Laguna with Gray, etc....

There are color combos I don't care for but I do understand that others like them.
Different strokes

With kalahari we finally have a bold rich interior choice that compares favorably with other premium sports cars instead of just a neutral beige. The matching convertible top is controversial though. One friend called to say she saw a Stingray with an awful peach colored top. I guess what she saw was kalahari. I have no problem with it, but maybe GM should skip the matching top idea and offer a more neutral convertible top. But definitely keep the kalahari interior option, it contributes to the C7's more premium feel .
Old 05-06-2014, 10:46 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

I saw one with Kalahari in person and loved it... I would have bought it if I was picking a car that was something other than red (personal preference)... black, white, gray, blue... all would look fantastic with it.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,288 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I must say I would stay away from Kalahari ANYTHING.
We're happy for you.

Originally Posted by Supercrewbear
I was talking to one of the engineers and told him that I hoped they would PLEASE keep the Kalahari interior option available until I could get one - I'm wanting a C7 in a year or so... (right now I'm thinking Arctic White w/Kalahari)
AW vert 3LT with Kalahari:

And yes, that's a hair scrunchie on the shifter. It's the wife's and was a special order option: order code keepthewifehappywhenthetop'sdown.

For the color blind OP, here's a flower pot. Nope, not the same color.

Last edited by Steve_R; 05-06-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:54 AM
thebiglittledog
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Send us a pic of yours so we can see what floats your boat!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:54 AM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Kalahari interior is beautiful, especially in 3LT trim. But IMO the Kalahari convertible top is too light of a color to look good and could be a maintenance headache down the road. A brownstone top would be better.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:55 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Steve,

VERY sharp looking combination!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

I have Laguna Blue with 3LT Kalahari, and get so many complements it's crazy. My wife says the color looks like peanut butter, which I think is pretty accurate. I think it's a color a bit more lively than the old traditional tan/beige, and should show less dirt and wear&tear.

OP may need to see an eye doctor.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:04 AM
cutnout
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to a car show last Saturday in Birmingham ( a well organized event). I took my crystal red metallic vert with Kalahari top and interior. Other show folks and visitors were especially complimentary on the color combo. There were 3 C7s there and all looked great. So opinions vary--life is good. cutnout aka Charlie

PS car won a real nice award
Old 05-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I was torn between Kalahari and Jet Black interior. I really like the two-tone look of the Kalahari...that 'vert above looks great with it.
S.

Get notified of new replies

To A lot of strange color combos rolling off the factory line today.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:14 AM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

Last June I drove 600 miles round trip to see Kalahari interior at Bloomington Gold. I wanted to see it before ordering my C7. It is a beautiful color but I chickened out and ordered Jet Black for TR coupe.

But, to each his own. I think I would have liked it had I ordered it. It looked great on the dark red metallic coupe I saw.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:46 AM
2CRUZIN
Drifting

Steve R. Your wifes vert is stunning. Love the color combo. Well done.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:49 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,069 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Some people don't see colors like most of us.

YEP HE IS COLOR BLIND

Quick Reply: A lot of strange color combos rolling off the factory line today.