Sponsored by:

First Impression

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 07:14 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Default First Impression

I finally picked up the TR Z51 3LT A6 coupe yesterday. When I first saw it in the Corvette Room at Bud's Chevrolet my first thought was "That's a whole lot of red." I absolutely love it. It's definitely the brightest colored car I've had. The color heads up make it much more apparent and usable than the monochrome. The sound system is acceptable and I doubt I'll replace that which is usually one of the first things I do. I have the NPP which is nice but still very quiet even in sport and track modes. Ride quality with the Mag Ride is excellent. I stayed in touring mode most of the time but did use manual so I could vary the speed on the 540 mile drive home. Love the smaller steering wheel. GM got that right this time. The seats are vey comfortable for my 6'3" 180lb frame. Controls were easy to use but I'm still learning.

40 miles from home I noticed the break-in rev limited was gone so I gave the car a small test. I was impressed! Coming from a 575RW 427 M12 3.90 C5 I was concerned that I would miss the neck snapping jolt. I did but the C7 is a different animal. The C5 was my boy racer and this is a much more grown up car if that makes sense. I think I'll be happy for a couple months anyways. The plan is to throw an Eforce blower on it this winter.

Bottom line for me, there are not a ton of things that I feel I need to improve on. The suspension works, the interior is comfortable, the power is adequate for now.

Tom from Bud's was great to deal with and highly recommended!

Really well done GM!

Last edited by WKMCD; 05-20-2014 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:33 AM
2vette2
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 413 Likes on 189 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Old 05-20-2014, 07:37 AM
andoneward
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to upgrade the stereo too but the 9 speaker bose on my 1LT left me rather impressed and I'm going to leave it alone for now. This is coming from my truck which has all aftermarket parts (mostly JL Audio), time alignment, along with passive/active crossovers.

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:48 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Is that a Ferrari? Nice to see the attention to detail that Buds has, they put the center caps on aligned with the valve stems!

Change your avatar now!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:57 AM
thebiglittledog
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WKMCD
I finally picked up the TR Z51 3LT A6 coupe yesterday. When I first saw it in the Corvette Room at Bud's Chevrolet my first thought was "That's a whole lot of red." I absolutely love it. It's definitely the brightest colored car I've had. The color heads up make it much more apparent and usable than the monochrome. The sound system is acceptable and I doubt I'll replace that which is usually one of the first things I do. I have the NPP which is nice but still very quiet even in sport and track modes. Ride quality with the Mag Ride is excellent. I stayed in touring mode most of the time but did use manual so I could vary the speed on the 540 mile drive home. Love the smaller steering wheel. GM got that right this time. The seats are vey comfortable for my 6'3" 180lb frame. Controls were easy to use but I'm still learning.

40 miles from home I noticed the break-in rev limited was gone so I gave the car a small test. I was impressed! Coming from a 575RW 427 M12 3.90 C5 I was concerned that I would miss the neck snapping jolt. I did but the C7 is a different animal. The C5 was my boy racer and this is a much more grown up car if that makes sense. I think I'll be happy for a couple months anyways. The plan is to throw an Eforce blower on it this winter.

Bottom line for me, there are not a ton of things that I feel I need to improve on. The suspension works, the interior is comfortable, the power is adequate for now.

Really well done GM!

h

How did you get that Z on you door panel ? NICE
Old 05-20-2014, 07:59 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Nice to see the attention to detail that Buds has, they put the center caps on aligned with the valve stems!
Your really are ****..
Old 05-20-2014, 08:18 AM
McLeod
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's nice to see that you've moved up to a grown ups car.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:34 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Originally Posted by McLeod
It's nice to see that you've moved up to a grown ups car.
If you're lucky you grow old. If you're very lucky, you never grow up.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:07 AM
yell03
Safety Car

Received 470 Likes on 252 Posts

Really well done GM!

Congrats!

Honest write-up
Old 05-20-2014, 01:42 PM
jim213
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thebiglittledog
h

How did you get that Z on you door panel ? NICE
Old 05-20-2014, 01:56 PM
bamahemi
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful car! Congrats!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:24 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Your really are ****..

OCD. I have to have them lined up. I think it actually is part of the PDI Procedure and if it is 95% of the dealers don't do it if it is!

I think it's the first thing I look at when I look at C7 pics. LOL

I bet you haven't been excited to drive to work in a while!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:49 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

I am with you on both accounts, Kevin you got a beauty and the EForce will wake up your baby
Old 05-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default Congrats

Schweeet - Enjoy the ride!
Old 05-21-2014, 04:51 AM
level6
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the new vette! And wow, that red looks great, nice choice.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:07 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

That's my philosophy too!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:58 AM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

Nice car Kevin, nice color too . I've got 9400 + miles on Lola now so if you need help getting her out of the garage and rolling I've got the experience . Lot's of good American asphalt out there .
Old 05-21-2014, 02:38 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Now I really need to get up there and play some golf.

Get notified of new replies

To First Impression

Quick Reply: First Impression