Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed 2LT homelink visor to 1LT

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Killer-Z
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like I'll just have to bite the bullet... $225 is still better than the $300 that the stealerships around here want.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:48 AM
vettekat2007
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

It probably doesn't matter but does anyone know if this 23148819 part number will work with a '15 1LT? Or would that be a different part number? Thanks.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,113 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by vettekat2007
It probably doesn't matter but does anyone know if this 23148819 part number will work with a '15 1LT? Or would that be a different part number? Thanks.
I ordered and installed the 2LT Homelink visor to my 1LT. The correct part number is 23148817. Part number 23148819 is for your 1LT visor which as you know does not have Homelink.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:23 PM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

Received 396 Likes on 169 Posts

Even though my car hasn't been delivered yet, if I can find one of these on a Black Friday sale, I'll go ahead and buy it.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:58 AM
Cauhauna
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

anyone have any luck installing auto dim mirrors on 1LT?
Old 12-17-2014, 07:45 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

I haven't seen an autodim inside rear view mirror retrofitted yet on a C7.... I'm thinking it's another plug 'n play but not certain.

Just as what I liked on my previous 2LT Stingray... I installed (and programmed it with ease) a few mins ago the Homelink Visor on my Z06... a worthy factory cost-effective upgrade. Easy swap... the most time consuming (as in 60 seconds or less) was examining how the male/female connector ejects from each other without damaging it.

Just be careful you don't pull it out too hard! She likes the switch nice & smooth...
Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:57 PM
RJ111
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by C7_Z06
I haven't seen an autodim inside rear view mirror retrofitted yet on a C7.... I'm thinking it's another plug 'n play but not certain.

Just as what I liked on my previous 2LT Stingray... I installed (and programmed it with ease) a few mins ago the Homelink Visor on my Z06... a worthy factory cost-effective upgrade. Easy swap... the most time consuming (as in 60 seconds or less) was examining how the male/female connector ejects from each other without damaging it.

Just be careful you don't pull it out too hard! She likes the switch nice & smooth...

Did you order the same part # for your Z06 ?

I want to order one for mine.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:18 PM
Bodieism
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RJ111
Did you order the same part # for your Z06 ?

I want to order one for mine.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Wm Rose
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a C7 2LT with homelink, & I haven't been able to make it work with my door openers.

I've read the Vette manual a number of times, as well as the opener manual. I have lift master openers on all 3 doors. The opener manual says to push the learn button on the door control button, then just push the button on the remote control and it should go.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong? It works with all the Liftmaster remotes, but not the Homelink.

Last edited by Wm Rose; 12-31-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:00 PM
beltfed21
Racer

Originally Posted by Wm Rose
I have a C7 2LT with homelink, & I haven't been able to make it work with my door openers.

I've read the Vette manual a number of times, as well as the opener manual. I have lift master openers on all 3 doors. The opener manual says to push the learn button on the door control button, then just push the button on the remote control and it should go.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong? It works with all the Liftmaster remotes, but not the Homelink.

I have one of the same openers as you. Go back to the manul again. There's a two step process that needs to be followed if your opener won't sync with the car (visor) remote. Pay attention to the lights as stated in the manual. When you get to the sync of the opener and remote, timing is critical. You may want a 2nd person helping with that step.

Last edited by beltfed21; 12-31-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:19 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by beltfed21
I have one of the same openers as you. Go back to the manul again. There's a two step process that needs to be followed if your opener won't sync with the car (visor) remote. When you get to the sync of the opener and remote, timing is critical. You may want a 2nd person helping with that step.
Agree. Homelink openers seem sometimes very picky about syncing with current "rolling code" (higher security) openers. I've had to try several times before getting Homelinks to work.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:03 PM
RJ111
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodieism
It's the same, ordered mine today.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:56 PM
Wm Rose
Instructor

I have one of the same openers as you. Go back to the manul again. There's a two step process that needs to be followed if your opener won't sync with the car (visor) remote. Pay attention to the lights as stated in the manual. When you get to the sync of the opener and remote, timing is critical. You may want a 2nd person helping with that step.
Ok, I'll give it another shot tomorrow. I had a thought. Is it possible the Vette engine has to be running? I was assuming, the homelink was just a wireless remote, just like any remote you clip on the sun visor.....or does it have full time battery power from the car battery, whether the ignition is on or not?
Old 01-01-2015, 01:01 PM
buckeye4
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 118 Posts

Ok, I'll give it another shot tomorrow. I had a thought. Is it possible the Vette engine has to be running? I was assuming, the homelink was just a wireless remote, just like any remote you clip on the sun visor.....or does it have full time battery power from the car battery, whether the ignition is on or not?
Does not need to be running to program. Several methods to program per the owners manual and I had to use the last technique listed to program my visor.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:15 PM
USMC 4 LIFE
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is perfect, just ordered mine!
Old 01-01-2015, 02:31 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

I ordered one last night from GM wholesale direct for $203.06 Plus shipping ($14.36 to FL) Have purchased from ebay for installation in headliner or visor (hard work) for under $50., but didn't feel it would be a easy install on Vette.

Also purchased a auto day-nite mirror on ebay a couple weeks ago. It has a slight scratch on back top edge which I will cover with a SS Stingray trim piece. Car being built so don't know how easy it will be to install.

For less than $350. I will have the items I wanted in the 2LT package!
Old 01-02-2015, 02:34 AM
beltfed21
Racer

Any luck? You do need the original door opener remote to program the visor. That is where you need to pay special attention to what the tiny light on the Homelink visor is telling you. The manner in which it flashes lets you know if it's programing/understanding the door remote. That is discussed in the car manual. After the visor understands and copies the remote, you then need to sync it to the door opener its self. That normally has a 30 second time limit. It's that stage where I suggested having someone help. And no, the car does not need to be running.

I have two doors each with different types of openers programmed into my visor. Take your time, read through the instructions all the way first, then go after it. Have faith, you get it done!

Get notified of new replies

To Installed 2LT homelink visor to 1LT

Old 01-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Wm Rose
Instructor

Any luck?
Haven't had a chance to get out to the garage with New Years/family in the house and now work. I have the whole weekend free unless my wife comes up with more entertaining for me to participate in
Old 01-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Wm Rose
Instructor

Any luck? You do need the original door opener remote to program the visor. That is where you need to pay special attention to what the tiny light on the Homelink visor is telling you. The manner in which it flashes lets you know if it's programing/understanding the door remote. That is discussed in the car manual. After the visor understands and copies the remote, you then need to sync it to the door opener its self. That normally has a 30 second time limit. It's that stage where I suggested having someone help. And no, the car does not need to be running.

I have two doors each with different types of openers programmed into my visor. Take your time, read through the instructions all the way first, then go after it. Have faith, you get it done!
Update: Ok, I managed to sneak out to the garage. I followed the process step by step and got it working. I did have to go on to the 2nd step of the process, and thats where I was going wrong before. All is good, and I have the homelink working on all 3 doors. Thanks!!
Old 01-03-2015, 01:35 AM
beltfed21
Racer

Update: Ok, I managed to sneak out to the garage. I followed the process step by step and got it working. I did have to go on to the 2nd step of the process, and thats where I was going wrong before. All is good, and I have the homelink working on all 3 doors. Thanks!!

Great to hear! I had to do the same (2nd step) for the first door I programmed into the visor.

Quick Reply: Installed 2LT homelink visor to 1LT