Sponsored by:

Luggage Shade/Cargo Shade

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 04:10 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Luggage Shade/Cargo Shade

I'm getting ready to order a 2015 and noticed that the 2LT/3LT's come with a Luggage Shade and have the option for an available Cargo Shade. What's the difference besides the crossed flag logo?

A Cargo Mat is also an available option, does this just cover the existing carpeting under the hatch?

You opinions on the value of these options would be appreciated.

David
Old 05-27-2014, 04:18 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The car will come with the cargo shade. The logo version that you pay more for has a light colored Corvette flag silk screened onto it. That is the only difference that I am aware of. That said, if you tint your windows, you will never see it unless you install it face down. In that case, you will see it when you open the hatch but the flag will be upside down. I bought one of the logo'd versions and it was a waste of money because I tinted my back window. The one included with the car serves the same purpose without the logo.

The cargo mat on the other hand is a nice addition but you can save money by purchasing it after the fact from a forum sponsor such as Bob at Fitchner Chevrolet. You assumption is correct in that it goes over the carpet in the rear but it is a nice addition and will protect the factory carpet.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Just a note on the cargo mat....there are no holes in it for the D-rings to fit through. I had to cut holes in the mat so the D rings would be exposed.....you need the D rings exposed to mount the shade.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:42 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bill B 1
Just a note on the cargo mat....there are no holes in it for the D-rings to fit through. I had to cut holes in the mat so the D rings would be exposed.....you need the D rings exposed to mount the shade.
Yes there are. That was changed a few months ago and all new ones now include cutouts where the D-rings are..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...outs-pics.html

Last edited by slief; 05-27-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Art-2008
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that this has been corrected and newer mats have the cut-outs. I think that in some cases (if the mat came with your car?) Chevrolet would send you a newer mat free.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 927 Likes on 485 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by slief
The car will come with the cargo shade. The logo version that you pay more for has a light colored Corvette flag silk screened onto it. That is the only difference that I am aware of. That said, if you tint your windows, you will never see it unless you install it face down.

Worthless, after I did 20% on the back window.....
Old 05-27-2014, 06:59 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 120 Posts

1LT trim level does not include cargo shade.
2LT and 3LT include cargo shade.
If you order the logo version cargo shade, remember it is "Dealer Installed" option. Make sure you get the logo version cargo shade as well as the original one.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes there are. That was changed a few months ago and all new ones now include cutouts where the D-rings are..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...outs-pics.html
LOL! go figure!!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:19 PM
doug doo wop
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

so is there both a cargo shade and a luggage shade?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:35 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by doug doo wop
so is there both a cargo shade and a luggage shade?
Different terms for the same thing.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:13 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The car will come with the cargo shade. The logo version that you pay more for has a light colored Corvette flag silk screened onto it. That is the only difference that I am aware of. That said, if you tint your windows, you will never see it unless you install it face down. In that case, you will see it when you open the hatch but the flag will be upside down. I bought one of the logo'd versions and it was a waste of money because I tinted my back window. The one included with the car serves the same purpose without the logo.

The cargo mat on the other hand is a nice addition but you can save money by purchasing it after the fact from a forum sponsor such as Bob at Fitchner Chevrolet. You assumption is correct in that it goes over the carpet in the rear but it is a nice addition and will protect the factory carpet.
Thanks to everyone who replied. This is just the kind of helpful information I was looking for.

David
Old 05-27-2014, 11:27 PM
Rossi6998
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Depends on which cargo mat you buy. I bought a Lloyds Mat and it had slits for the D-rings. Had to look twice to actually find them and the slits are just big enough for the D-rings.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:24 AM
green2000
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi6998
Depends on which cargo mat you buy. I bought a Lloyds Mat and it had slits for the D-rings. Had to look twice to actually find them and the slits are just big enough for the D-rings.
Same with me but it looks fine. The GM one looks more finished. Also, the Lloyds gray floor mats have black plastic retainer rings that look out of place. There may be a way to switch them but I don't want to break them.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:32 AM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

With a $2 paint pen you can dress them up a bit as well, to match your color scheme.
Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2014, 07:52 AM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Optional Cargo Shade with roof panel stored.

Get notified of new replies

To Luggage Shade/Cargo Shade

Quick Reply: Luggage Shade/Cargo Shade