Sponsored by:

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 08:22 PM
GCS
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control

Has anyone experienced the cruise control dis-engaging? The cruise maintains it speed very well but at times the cruise for no reason at all dis-engages. I can click on resume and the cruise is engaged again. Have not taken it to the dealer yet.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

no problems with mine.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:05 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

None with mine.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:07 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Are you changing gears, accidentally tapping the break pedal or the steering wheel buttons on the left?
Old 06-02-2014, 01:52 AM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

None here, closing in on 6k miles.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:16 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Working perfectly from day one!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Rich427
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts

No problems on mine. But I do have a friend that is having an issue with his CC. He says it will not maintain the set speed. Not sure when he is taking it in to our dealer to get it looked at.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by GCS
Has anyone experienced the cruise control dis-engaging? The cruise maintains it speed very well but at times the cruise for no reason at all dis-engages. I can click on resume and the cruise is engaged again. Have not taken it to the dealer yet.
Hey GCS,

I’m sorry that your cruise control is not working as desired. I would be happy to reach out to your dealership regarding this concern. If this interests you, please private message us your contact information, VIN, and the preferred dealership name/location. I will keep an eye out for your response. Have a great day!

Jennie R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-02-2014, 02:42 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
Are you changing gears, accidentally tapping the break pedal or the steering wheel buttons on the left?
I have noticed on my C7 changing gear will NOT disengage the cruise control. C6 was not like this. A light tap on my C6 clutch pedal would disengage the cruise control.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:33 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by GCS
None !!! But we need to do you have an automatic or manual ??? Most automatics of other cars you can change gears but the manual may disengage and I think mine did that once and I will try again to see if it does or any else try this and see if that happens !!!! Also does shifting down or up make a difference ???? Wayne
Old 06-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wgood
None !!! But we need to do you have an automatic or manual ??? Most automatics of other cars you can change gears but the manual may disengage and I think mine did that once and I will try again to see if it does or any else try this and see if that happens !!!! Also does shifting down or up make a difference ???? Wayne
as long as you don't take too long to change gears up or down the CC will stay engaged. but search for a second too long and it will kick out.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:10 PM
GCS
Heel & Toe

The car is an automatic. The cruise dis-engages when on the highway when set at 70-75. I am not anything with the car. The CC just dis engages. I will probably take it to the shop next week.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:13 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmerborn
I have noticed on my C7 changing gear will NOT disengage the cruise control. C6 was not like this. A light tap on my C6 clutch pedal would disengage the cruise control.
I verified that this morning. You are correct. I don't recall it being that way on my C6 either but on the C7, Cruise Control does not disengage when shifting gears. At least up shifts anyway. I didn't try down shifts.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:20 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
I verified that this morning. You are correct. I don't recall it being that way on my C6 either but on the C7, Cruise Control does not disengage when shifting gears. At least up shifts anyway. I didn't try down shifts.
Correct. I believe if shifting take more than a certain time, the cruise will disengage.

Originally Posted by GCS
The car is an automatic. The cruise dis-engages when on the highway when set at 70-75. I am not anything with the car. The CC just dis engages. I will probably take it to the shop next week.
So this is an issue. Yes, take it to the dealer. Probably a bad brake "light" switch, or steering wheel switch/connection. Good luck.

** There are no brake light switches anymore. Modern cars use pressure sensor within Electronic Brake Distribution unit to bring up brake lights / or send messages to other systems.

Last edited by bimmerborn; 06-03-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:40 PM
GCS
Heel & Toe

Just had my CC checked at the dealer. They checked the computer and no data indicated anything wrong. They checked the stop switch and everything looked fine. The CC released 7-8 times on drive from Loveland, CO to Okla. Hope it will fail so they can find it.

Get notified of new replies

To Cruise Control

Quick Reply: Cruise Control