Sponsored by:

Reactions from people on the C7 being a classic

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 06:51 AM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Reactions from people on the C7 being a classic

Last week was my first week driving the car around and showing it to my family (they were all glad I got a Corvette). It was interesting the reactions I got from friends, family and observers of the car.

These are some of the common comments

1. What kind of a car is that, because it doesn't look like anything I have seen before.

2. Is that a Maserati ?

3. This car will be a classic....hold on to it....(really?)

4. I like the car except the Camaro tailights ( 2 people)

5. That is the most beautiful car I have EVER seen. (4 people)

6. Your really going to drive this on a race track? (Mom and Dad)

7. How much did this car cost because it looks like it was at least 100k

8. How many HP does it have

The crazy thing is how many people drive beside you on highways, linger just beside you and check the car out. I drove on the interstate for 10 miles and counted no less than 15 cars do this....it was crazy, and frankly a little unsafe when they are doing this.

Lastly I had three cops wave at me, my wife goes "Did that cop just wave at you?". I said I think he did, and down the road another one did. I honestly never got that in my M3.

Cool car starts discussions everywhere. So many people have said hold on to this car it will be a classic, my statement has always been when you build 20k of a car it isn't going to be that collectible. None the less several have commented that they think it is the most beautiful Corvette they have ever seen.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:55 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

I have had many times where someone will go like hell to catch up to take a look, linger a while, then back off. Folks hanging out of there cars sometimes for a better look.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:17 AM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

The C7 is a beautiful head turning vette that looks like an exotic to many people. They hit it out of the park with this one. That said, it is a mass produced car, with over 30,000 hitting the streets in the 2014 MY alone and many more to come in 2015,2016,2017 etc. Long term, it likely won't be a classic anymore than the tons of other vettes produced over the years.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Too many cars produced to be a classic. Maybe the 2015 Z06 might be considered a collectible in 30 or so years, depending on the number produced.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:12 AM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

Not a classic, but it will be forever notable that it relaunched Corvette to a new generation (not me!) of owners that became the underlying support for the C8, C9 ......

While I likely won't be in the market for a C8 and almost certainly not for a C9, it will gladden my heart, wherever I am, to see the Corvette continue and prosper.

And now, after too much philosophy, time to drive my car!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:21 AM
monicatomokc
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 153 Posts

No classic here with all that are being produced now and in the years to come, just a great looking car that has had a fantastic looking makeover and new to most everyone you meet.

Those of us that have the Torch Red version are also subjected to the Ferrari comparison. That's okay, but the Camaro taillight comparison is, besides getting old, it's just annoying. The unique C7 taillight shape is no where near the Camaro style in my book. It's the rear and side views of the C7 that attracted me to this car in the first place and the attraction just grew for all the other great looking new features, interior included.

I'm not one looking for, or to be, the center of attention and I get a little worried with strangers coming out of nowhere at the gas station or parking lot to talk to you about the car. That will subside in time, I know. Anyway, it's my first "vert" and haven't enjoyed a car (driving and just looking at it) this much in a long time!!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:22 AM
FEEDMESLURPIES
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe a classic decades from now when the numbers thin out due to wrecks, poor maintenance and whatnot, but even then it's hard to say as we don't know how long it will be until c8 arrives. I'm not that concerned either way about the longterm, if this is as fun to own as it seems to be from everyone on here, i'll be happy to have it in the garage for a very long time! A future upgrade for me would only be out of boredom or because I like the look of something else/something new. This thing will have far more power and speed than I need, I won't need to switch up due to it being too soft, that's for sure.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:41 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

I think we're mixing up the concepts of "classic" and "collectible." The C7 is certainly a classic but almost certainly not a collectible because so many will be made.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:12 PM
DucMan 888
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
I think we're mixing up the concepts of "classic" and "collectible." The C7 is certainly a classic but almost certainly not a collectible because so many will be made.
Amen to that.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:18 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Be happy with a great looking/performing Vette. It will never be a Classic.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by leadville1
Last week was my first week driving the car around and showing it to my family (they were all glad I got a Corvette). It was interesting the reactions I got from friends, family and observers of the car.

1. What kind of a car is that, because it doesn't look like anything I have seen before.

2. Is that a Maserati ?

The crazy thing is how many people drive beside you on highways, linger just beside you and check the car out. I drove on the interstate for 10 miles and counted no less than 15 cars do this....it was crazy, and frankly a little unsafe when they are doing this.

Lastly I had three cops wave at me, my wife goes "Did that cop just wave at you?". I said I think he did, and down the road another one did. I honestly never got that in my M3.

Cool car starts discussions everywhere. So many people have said hold on to this car it will be a classic, my statement has always been when you build 20k of a car it isn't going to be that collectible. None the less several have commented that they think it is the most beautiful Corvette they have ever seen.
--- I agree have had all of those happen to me except the mother/father part... I had a police car come over to me in a gas station and a couple different on the roads too. So many people on the road. Some hanging out the passenger window with their camera phone.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't know if it will ever be a classic, only time will tell. But, in my opinion, it is the model that will alter the future of the Corvette brand. With a focus on new materials, European styling, beautiful interior etc it will forever change the brand's direction and for that reason it will be a classic to me.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:46 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

2. Is that a Maserati ?

I have lots of people pull beside me and show thumbs up !!! Yesterday a guy in a BMW thumbs up plus honk !!! Get use to it !!!! Since my rear of the car is all body color it really makes them look !!! Wayne

Last edited by wgood; 11-03-2014 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:51 PM
m kraz
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

:d:d
Old 06-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Jp23rockstar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just want to know how many girls did you pick with your car lol?
Old 06-04-2014, 12:27 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfserge
I don't know if it will ever be a classic, only time will tell. But, in my opinion, it is the model that will alter the future of the Corvette brand. With a focus on new materials, European styling, beautiful interior etc it will forever change the brand's direction and for that reason it will be a classic to me.

What surprises me most is how people who never cared for Corvettes before go out of their way to compliment this car

Even after 8 months people come along side in traffic and ask what kind of car it is. First it was BMW drivers, last week an older gentleman in an E class.

Even in yellow people keep saying "Ferrari"

Pay attention when you hear "Camaro tail lights" comments. That almost always comes from Corvette owners, others don't see it.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:44 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,226 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

A classic - way, way too early to describe it as having that potential. It is a great looking car, but time will tell how it goes down in automotive history.

And congrats on getting your C7 - obviously it turns heads.

Get notified of new replies

To Reactions from people on the C7 being a classic

Old 06-04-2014, 11:59 AM
blackcoupeguy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2. Is that a Maserati ?

Last time I got so much attention was in my restored 62 (98.6 NCRS) Vette! Everyone either wants to race me or take a picture. A year from now no one will care. So enjoy the attention now.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by blackcoupeguy
Last time I got so much attention was in my restored 62 (98.6 NCRS) Vette! Everyone either wants to race me or take a picture. A year from now no one will care. So enjoy the attention now.

First year maybe two, it will get all this attention, then it will die off.

It is nice to have AMG's and 6 and 7 series BMW's stop to look
Old 06-05-2014, 10:43 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave80C3

First year maybe two, it will get all this attention, then it will die off.

It is nice to have AMG's and 6 and 7 series BMW's stop to look

Yeah, what's with BMW and Mercedes owners making so much fuss over the C7? I don't get it, they generally pay no attention to Corvettes

Quick Reply: Reactions from people on the C7 being a classic