Competition Seats and a 6 point harness

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Vegas Panton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Competition Seats and a 6 point harness

I own a C5 and a C6 that I use in the Silver State Classic Challenge race. Since I compete in the 150 mph class I need a 5 or 6 point harness. I prefer the 6 point. I will order a new C7 in the next few months and I need the answer to a question about the competition seat. The standard seat in the C7 will not allow (without cutting material) the 6 point portion of the harness to run between the bottom seat cushion and the seat back because there is a cloth section the runs between the two parts where the seat folds. I have been unable to find and look at a competition seat here locally. Those of you the have the competition seats, can you tell me if there is a cloth section of material that runs between the bottom seat cushion the seat back where the seat folds. There are 3 C7's (no comp seats)in our local club and I am very impressed with their performance at the drag strip and on autocross course with stock tires.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:01 PM
DoctorV8
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Most of the cars at Spring Mountain have the Comp seats. Might wanna swing by Pahrump and check them out for yourself.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

The one guy here who did the Comp seat conversion (changed out all the backrest parts) said the bottoms were the same....FWIW..
Old 06-10-2014, 12:16 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Here's the thread for the seat back conversion mentioned by Modshack. There are some pretty detailed pics, you might be able to discern what you need to know:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-t...onversion.html
Old 06-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Vegas Panton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Default C7 seats

Thanks--Very interesting thread about how to add the upper competition seat back. Can't really see in the photos if there is a section of cloth between the bottom seat cushion and the seat back. I'll give Spring Mountain a call and see if I can get an answer.

Get notified of new replies

To Competition Seats and a 6 point harness

Quick Reply: Competition Seats and a 6 point harness