Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Do Other Exotic Car Buyers Think Of The C7? Read This

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Kruegmeister
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts

I have a Camaro, they look nothing a like in the Tail Light Department.
I need to get a side by side pick from the Back to prove the point.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:04 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Woodson
"other exotic car buyers"?
yes, id like to see the official list of "exotic cars"...and who compiled it. [btw, i dont consider the C7 an exotic car, but very much enjoy it....have not yet evolved to the "love" it stage]
Old 06-22-2014, 12:07 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by Caddylac10
Thanks for the writeup.

The C7 appeals to range of demographics that the C6 never came close to. There's a much broader range of opinion and perspective outside the traditional Corvette demographic. That's why the C7 appeals to people that would have never considered a Corvette in past. It meets the demands of global demographic.
im curious as to which specific demographic(s) you refer.(this is not a critical question, but a serious one, as i tend to agree with you)
Old 06-22-2014, 12:11 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carnut12
It certainly won't eat a 911 for lunch either, anyone making comments like that probably can't even afford the Vette, forget the other 2. Very immature comments IMO.
if you read the stats, youll see that the only 911 that the C7 will not beat is the turbocharged one. it will beat all the na 911s that i have seen.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:16 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by visegrip
I will say, this is the first american car (I've had couple Ferraris and some Lotus and now on an AM) I'm considering buying in decades. Prior to this the only vettes I was really attracted to were the late 50s early 60s cars. This new C7 just has great looks, the interior is very well done and I'm thinking next year...........

I do wish GM would quit recalling everything they build tho, the fact that the C7 is built by GM is the one negative to the equation of Vette ownership.
now this sounds like something i would say. ntl, id be willing to bet a significant amount of money that every car gm built has not been recalled. how much do you want to wager?
Old 06-22-2014, 12:21 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jp23rockstar
They're more concerned who they are going to impress at the nearest red light or at the country club golf course.
so, theres your difference? at the light, give me the vette. at the CC, give me the porsche (costs 2X). sh*t, mea culpa, now i have to go out and buy a porsche....sorry kids (the inheritance), the forum made me do it.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:28 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by harry2
Regarding the tail lights, I believe forum member george vee put this to rest last year with his side by side comparison of a C6 GS and his new C7.
IMO, the C7 tail light design looks modern and worthy of the C7 design package.

great post--remember it. george vee is ok (actually, i have no clue, never met him/her). next time someone asks me why i waited from the '53 model til now, ill just send them this pic. [although, its not quite fair--e.g., you show the wheels on the C7 and not on the whatever, and the chrome is shined on the C7 and not the whatever. plus, the angle shows the lines better on the C7. point: whoever photoed this, wanted the C7 to win--and it did].
Old 06-22-2014, 12:42 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by 4thC4at60
I've been a Vette driver since 1990 - five Vettes, more than 600,000 miles... DDs all....

I, now, split the DD duties between a CTS-V Cadillac (MN6) and an old 328 GTB Ferrari...

Many family sedans will run alongside the little F-car..... but they will _not_ handle anywhere nearly as well when one gets to the twisties - story over.... that goes for my C6 Vette as well. I have not yet driven a C7.... but...

In more than 26 years of owning and driving Corvettes in 45 of the lower 48 states I have not received TOTAL the looks, questions, photos taken of and with the F-car that I've owned just 11 months....

Will I trade the V-Caddy for a C7? Maybe - 2015? - but the F-car stays..... many of you will understand this statement, I fear most will not.... There are cars and then, there are cars....

BTW, I still wave, no matter which car I'm driving....
yes, but the point is, when youre waving in the f-car, do you wave to vetters, or f'ers, and when you do, which one are you representing as the waver--i.e., e.g., when youre in your vette, do you wave to an f-car, and if you do are you waving as a vetter or an f'er? is that clear? it seemed so, when i wrote (ok, typed) it.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:47 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
If the point is simply to tell time. Then why would I pay much more for the Rolex, when the much cheaper Timex can do the job.

Look, its no secret with cars, watches, clothes, etc.. more often than not people buy the more expensive items for the social status, buying experience or even just to have accomplished such. But if you are going to attempt to correct someone about a car's performance, then at least be intelligently informed enough to know that car A will outperform car B.
if being intelligently informed were a criterion for posting, the iternet/web would be a lonely place indeed. ntl, well said----ah, the wisdom of our youth.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:53 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Maybe you need to take reading 101 again? I didn't make the statement about the 911 or the R8. Two guys looking at the Corvette made it. And oh by the way one of the two guys has a 50 million dollar car collection.
Ed, please give him (the 50-guy) my contact info--id like to speak with him. you can use my post history as a reference. thanks, george
Old 06-27-2014, 12:58 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

ok, thats all.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:22 AM
jimb100
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thedofuss
if you read the stats, youll see that the only 911 that the C7 will not beat is the turbocharged one. it will beat all the na 911s that i have seen.
I guess for a racer, like yourself, that's really important and the criteria for purchase.

For a lot of people who don't race, other performance factors come into play. You may or may not be getting your money's worth from Porsche but you are getting something for your money and that something is valued by lots of people.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

Why all the haters? Porsches are great cars. I owned and drove a 997 version of the 911 Carrera for several years, and it was fun, fast, reliable, and not terribly expensive to service. Now I have a C7. I liked the Porsche a lot, but I LOVE the C7. It's a very different type of car, with the low-end torque, great V-8 music, and impressive styling. I bought the Z51 package and all the goodies, even though I will never track the car. And, as some of you have said, I likely cannot tell the difference between 3.8 seconds 0-60 for the C7 and 4.0 seconds (or thereabouts) for the Porsche 991 model Carrera S. But, the C7 feels way quicker and faster then my Porsche (Porsche said it was 4.8 seconds 0-60 at the time), and it certainly handles better with the perfect weight distribution and the fact that the engine isn't hanging out over the a$$ end of the car.

One observation someone made that I can't let go of - the Corvette is not underpriced so much as others like Porsche are overpriced. Granted, $75k is a lot of money, especially since most of these cars are bought for 'fun' rather than primary transportation. Noe: mine is a DD, but I know for others it's not always the case. Porsche makes a good car, but you can't convince me that a similarly equipped Carrera S that stickers for ~$120k is $40k-$50k better than the C7, or that it costs that much more to produce it. I think the C7 will increase in price for the 2015 year, but it will still be considerably less than the Porsche.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:48 PM
MEJ
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by visegrip
I will say, this is the first american car (I've had couple Ferraris and some Lotus and now on an AM) I'm considering buying in decades. Prior to this the only vettes I was really attracted to were the late 50s early 60s cars. This new C7 just has great looks, the interior is very well done and I'm thinking next year...........

I do wish GM would quit recalling everything they build tho, the fact that the C7 is built by GM is the one negative to the equation of Vette ownership.
I agree with the recalls looking bad, but at the same time it's good that GM isn't taking anymore chances with their cars. Better to nip the problem in the bud rather than letting it get to be a much worse problem.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:12 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Interesting post and thanks for sharing.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:28 PM
Carnut12
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by jimb100
I guess for a racer, like yourself, that's really important and the criteria for purchase.

For a lot of people who don't race, other performance factors come into play. You may or may not be getting your money's worth from Porsche but you are getting something for your money and that something is valued by lots of people.
Exactly and they are close enough that it is a drivers race regardless.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:00 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Thank You

I tried to offer feedback from owners and enthusiasts of high end cars what they think about the C7? What do I get. Smart *** comments. Thanks to everyone who liked the feedback!
is about typical for posts other than "dude, whats your fav color".
Old 06-30-2014, 03:13 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by jimb100

well, actually never raced a car, and never will. only bought the C7 because i liked the lines--finally became more european than domestic. i bought it because i always wanted to drive a really fast car, and this was the first domestic sports car ive liked. also, after reading this forum, it seemed to be the car that would draw the most attention to me. i know most members are far more mentally advanced than i, but thats ok with me. if i live long enough, ill probably try a porsche, in, say 3-4 years. they seem to be an excellent vehicle overall--particularly for a paltry 6 cylinders--and those people i know who own them, love them.

Quick Reply: What Do Other Exotic Car Buyers Think Of The C7? Read This