Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 06-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
Corvette ED
CF Senior Member

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Default What Do Other Exotic Car Buyers Think Of The C7? Read This

This past Sunday was the http://theeleganceathershey.com/ This show is held at the Hotel Hershey in Pennsylvania. Each year 60 of the worlds best cars are invited to this show. The cars are set in the gardens behind the hotel. This show is like Pebble Beach.

Each year there is a vendor area that includes exotic car dealers. This year there were Ferrari, Maserati, Audi, Porsche, Tesla and others.

My good friend who owns Klick-Lewis Chevrolet asked me if I would like to answer questions about the 2014 Corvette at the show. We had a Black 3LT Coupe with Red interior, NPP, Chrome Wheels, Automatic MSRP $67,340.00 We also had a used 2013 60th Anniversary Convertible Grand Sport.

I talked to hundreds of people all day long. The number one question was Is this car only $67,000? What a bargain!!! Two guys who were looking at the car said to each other Why would somebody buy a 911 or an R8 when this car will eat it for lunch at half the price.

The interior was a big hit on the C7. If anybody asked I let them sit in the car to see how they fit. Most people loved the red interior.

I got asked a lot of questions about the ZO6 and several people said they have one on order or are going to order one.

Robert Lutz who is retired from GM stopped by the tent and talked to us for a half hour. Great guy!!!

I was surprised the only negative about the car was from a few Corvette owners still crying about the tail lamps looking Camaro. I asked do you know why they look like that? Nobody could answer. I showed them the air vents and explained how the air enters the vents on the rear fenders and exits at the taillights.

To the naysayers who think the car isn't selling and to the bargain hunters who think dealer should give it away. There is a whole lot of interest from people who don't know about Corvette Forum and think this car is priced way to low for what you get!!!

2007 Corvette Conv Victory Red/Cashmere/Cashmere, 3LT, Z-51, Chrome Wheels, Automatic, Onstar
23 Past Corvettes Owned

HOME OF AMERICA'S OLDEST BREWERY YUENGLINGS
Corvette ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
DocHolliday
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Great post Ed...it's interesting that some people just can't let go of the tail lights. I love them and have since day one.
DocHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
noel48
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14

Eat an R8 for lunch?
noel48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
Glen e
CF Senior Member
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

I will echo what the OP wrote about getting out and talking to others about the corvette. Last week I worked 3 events for BMW that involved giving test drives of the new 4 series to people who come into the dealership.They run this every year and the dealer invites his whole customer base.

During many conversations, when the person was a true car person, the conversation got around to other cars they own and what we all like.I told many of them along with owning a BMW, I owned a C7. TO A MAN, they were very interested and approving of that. Many also owned a vette along with their BMW or other competitors. All wanted to know more and everyone had heard great things, and were flabbergasted at the price.All in all, it was a great time to talk cars and unlike here sometimes, the world loves this car - even other brand owners....

Last edited by Glen e; 06-18-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #5
Red08
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel48 View Post
Eat an R8 for lunch?
When the car is sitting in a display area, you can tell them anything you want.
Red08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
Cruiter
CF Senior Member
On order: Torch Red Z51
Support Corvetteforum!

That is a good write up and you did an excellent job representing the car. BZ

It would have been fun to be there.
Cruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #7
Mdm23
CF Senior Member

The c7 isn't necessarily priced too low. It's just doing its job and exposing a lot of cars that are priced too high. This generation definitely seems to be a game changer for Corvette though. I hope they aren't listening to all this price talk. The Corvette's staple has always been it's relative affordability.
Mdm23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
Woodson
CF Senior Member

"other exotic car buyers"?
Woodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #9
Big Dan 427
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
You beat me to it.
Big Dan 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:59 PM   #10
senah
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
whoops, lol.
senah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #11
tractman
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette ED View Post
This past Sunday was the http://theeleganceathershey.com/ This show is held at the Hotel Hershey in Pennsylvania. Each year 60 of the worlds best cars are invited to this show. The cars are set in the gardens behind the hotel. This show is like Pebble Beach.

Each year there is a vendor area that includes exotic car dealers. This year there were Ferrari, Maserati, Audi, Porsche, Tesla and others.

My good friend who owns Klick-Lewis Chevrolet asked me if I would like to answer questions about the 2014 Corvette at the show. We had a Black 3LT Coupe with Red interior, NPP, Chrome Wheels, Automatic MSRP $67,340.00 We also had a used 2013 60th Anniversary Convertible Grand Sport.

I talked to hundreds of people all day long. The number one question was Is this car only $67,000? What a bargain!!! Two guys who were looking at the car said to each other Why would somebody buy a 911 or an R8 when this car will eat it for lunch at half the price.

The interior was a big hit on the C7. If anybody asked I let them sit in the car to see how they fit. Most people loved the red interior.

I got asked a lot of questions about the ZO6 and several people said they have one on order or are going to order one.

Robert Lutz who is retired from GM stopped by the tent and talked to us for a half hour. Great guy!!!

I was surprised the only negative about the car was from a few Corvette owners still crying about the tail lamps looking Camaro. I asked do you know why they look like that? Nobody could answer. I showed them the air vents and explained how the air enters the vents on the rear fenders and exits at the taillights.

To the naysayers who think the car isn't selling and to the bargain hunters who think dealer should give it away. There is a whole lot of interest from people who don't know about Corvette Forum and think this car is priced way to low for what you get!!!
Good job Corvette Ed......I enjoyed visiting with you! Klick-Lewis is awesome!
tractman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #12
Caddylac10
CF Senior Member

Thanks for the writeup.

The C7 appeals to range of demographics that the C6 never came close to. There's a much broader range of opinion and perspective outside the traditional Corvette demographic. That's why the C7 appeals to people that would have never considered a Corvette in past. It meets the demands of global demographic.
Caddylac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #13
Snorman
Deal with it.
St. Jude Donor '13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Eat an R8 for lunch?
You know all R8's are not V10's, right?
In fact, a base or Z51 C7 will "eat an R8 for lunch" if it's the 4.2 V8.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...al-test-review

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...er-test-review

The V8 is 430hp and an anemic 317ft/lb of torque in a car that weighs over 3600#. They're not that fast.
S.
Snorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #14
Vetteman Jack
CF Senior Member
MO Events Coordinator
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Location: Jefferson City, MO Sometimes common sense isn't so common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Great post Ed...it's interesting that some people just can't let go of the tail lights.
Amazing how many still continue to about the taillights. Time to get over it.
Vetteman Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #15
senah
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack View Post
Amazing how many still continue to about the taillights. Time to get over it.
or not. pick something you don't like the looks of. get over it.

tell me you like it now.

does it work?
senah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #16
Mdm23
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senah View Post
or not. pick something you don't like the looks of. get over it.

tell me you like it now.

does it work?
Don't buy one. Problem solved.
Mdm23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #17
Wildmanht
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdm23 View Post
The c7 isn't necessarily priced too low. It's just doing its job and exposing a lot of cars that are priced too high. This generation definitely seems to be a game changer for Corvette though. I hope they aren't listening to all this price talk. The Corvette's staple has always been it's relative affordability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddylac10 View Post
Thanks for the writeup.

The C7 appeals to range of demographics that the C6 never came close to. There's a much broader range of opinion and perspective outside the traditional Corvette demographic. That's why the C7 appeals to people that would have never considered a Corvette in past. It meets the demands of global demographic.
Well said to both of you.
Wildmanht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:21 PM   #18
Carnut12
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Eat an R8 for lunch?
It certainly won't eat a 911 for lunch either, anyone making comments like that probably can't even afford the Vette, forget the other 2. Very immature comments IMO.
Carnut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:29 PM   #19
Michael A
CF Senior Member

Quote:
I was surprised the only negative about the car was from a few Corvette owners still crying about the tail lamps looking Camaro. I asked do you know why they look like that? Nobody could answer.
I broke out laughing when I read this. What Camaro are they referring to? 2013 had "half moon" taillights. The current one has rectangular. I think these people need to get a vision test down at the DMV before renewing their driver's licenses.

Michael
Michael A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:37 PM   #20
dwward
Man of the World
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
....We had a Black 3LT Coupe with Red interior, NPP, Chrome Wheels, ....
i'm very glad to hear the red interior was a hit. I want to order a 2015 convertible in Night Race Blue with red interior and chrome wheels and some have suggested this might not be a good look and I've been reconsidering.

You've given me the confidence to stick to my original plan.
dwward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:37 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page What Do Other Exotic Car Buyers Think Of The C7? Read This