C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Embracing the chrome....part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 07:06 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Embracing the chrome....part 2

After a 6 week wait I finally received the Racemesh parts I ordered in early May. But, worth the wait. First to be installed is the hood grill. This is the electroplated finish, the only finish that would duplicate the chrome look, and retain a common theme which was dictated by the wheels.

This turned out to be one of the simplest mods you could do....only 2 screws holding the piece on under the hood...T15 Torx.

...and 4 stamped clips over which you push on the new piece...bang each corner with your palm to get the secure attachment.

Here's the before and after....

Total time about 10 minutes. This mod has a core charge, but I am keeping the stock piece for vehicle trade-in time, and resale of the aftermarket unit.

Last edited by $$$frumnuttin'; 06-19-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:10 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I like it. Do they offer other finishes? What does something like this cost? Thx.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:15 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I like it. Do they offer other finishes? What does something like this cost? Thx.
Yes, there are 4-5 finishes now...standard stainless to crinkle coat, or whatever they call it. Not cheap, but the highest quality for this type of mod. Check the prices at WestCoastCorvettes....I ordered when they offered $50 off any order above $500...very easy to do with this stuff!

Get notified of new replies

To Embracing the chrome....part 2

Quick Reply: Embracing the chrome....part 2