Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 GMS/Supplier Pricing

Old 06-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts
Default 2015 GMS/Supplier Pricing

Does anyone know if the 2015 C7 qualifies for GMS or Supplier pricing at the present time? I know it was available on the 2014's effective in March but haven't seen any confirmation if it is currently on the 15's.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Tire Guy
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
Does anyone know if the 2015 C7 qualifies for GMS or Supplier pricing at the present time? I know it was available on the 2014's effective in March but haven't seen any confirmation if it is currently on the 15's.
Take this with a grain of salt. My local dealer who gets 12-16 allocations a year said that the 2015 will get Supplier Pricing without delay.

I will know pretty quickly because I am almost ready to pull the trigger on my order and I qualify for Suppliier Pricing.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:03 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

There's no reason for them to exclude Stingrays for 2015 since 2014's were included.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Jordan M
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Les Stanford dealership has confirmed that they will accept Supplier on 2015's already. That is the only one I've personally seen come out and say it so far.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jordan M
The Les Stanford dealership has confirmed that they will accept Supplier on 2015's already. That is the only one I've personally seen come out and say it so far.
That's good news since I qualify for GMS or employee pricing. If one dealer can offer it then it means that GM has issued the discounts for dealers who wish to participate. My dealer participates.....but I forgot to ask them when I ordered my 2015 this morning.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:32 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stanford has not extended the program to include employee pricing, to my knowledge. Supplier is invoice plus and employee is invoice minus. The dealer receives a specific dollar amount for employee priced sales; I have yet to see they receive anything for supplier priced sales, but they do make a profit on each supplier priced sale, whether getting anything additional from Chevy or not.

My point: a dealer can use the supplier price as a guide to pricing whether the program is in effect or not and still make a profit. The same is not true for employee priced sales.

I have read that a dealer is reimbursed for the advertising charge when doing an actual supplier priced delivery and that could be true. The written rules for employee pricing state clearly that the program may not be in effect during inventory build up.

So a dealer may do deliveries based on program pricing whether in effect or not but will not receive the incentive to do those if the program is not in effect when the unit is delivered but will make a profit on a supplier priced delivery and suffer a loss on an employee priced delivery when doing so.

Now it is true that once a vehicle line is included in a pricing program it will continue from model year to model year, but for the inventory build up clause.

Laborsmith
Old 06-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by laborsmith
Stanford has not extended the program to include employee pricing, to my knowledge. Supplier is invoice plus and employee is invoice minus. The dealer receives a specific dollar amount for employee priced sales; I have yet to see they receive anything for supplier priced sales, but they do make a profit on each supplier priced sale, whether getting anything additional from Chevy or not.

My point: a dealer can use the supplier price as a guide to pricing whether the program is in effect or not and still make a profit. The same is not true for employee priced sales.

I have read that a dealer is reimbursed for the advertising charge when doing an actual supplier priced delivery and that could be true. The written rules for employee pricing state clearly that the program may not be in effect during inventory build up.

So a dealer may do deliveries based on program pricing whether in effect or not but will not receive the incentive to do those if the program is not in effect when the unit is delivered but will make a profit on a supplier priced delivery and suffer a loss on an employee priced delivery when doing so.

Now it is true that once a vehicle line is included in a pricing program it will continue from model year to model year, but for the inventory build up clause.

Laborsmith
Obviously, you are no stranger to this topic and I always appreciate your input. I have been told by the GM at my dealership that it has been his experience and thought that GMS pricing would be continued for the 2015's. He said he has been doing his job for 20 plus years and that has been the trend. He said he was 99% sure it would be continued but would not be 100% sure until announced by General Motors. If I understood him correctly....and it has been a while since we had this discussion, he said that the announcement is usually not officially made until closer to time that the 15's will be hitting the ground. How does this match up with your experience? Thanks.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:04 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Matches my experience with the simple caveat that initial start ups lag before employee pricing is allowed. All that means is people who buy under these programs every year have to wait a few weeks before buying. 99% of the time the lag is not noticed: other than the Corvette how many Chevy car lines have people standing in line to do their own retail sold order? Sure the Camaro attracts some, and heavy duty trucks get a lot (note trucks not cars) but the Vette gets more than all other car lines combined AND fewer Vettes are assembled every year than any other Chevy car line.

And this is complicated because Chevy allows dealers to pick and choose whether to accept program pricing for the Corvette; all other Chevys, if the dealer accepts program pricing for one line it must for all other Chevys (except the Corvette).

So your salesperson is correct, based on what I have observed.

Laborsmith
Old 06-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by laborsmith
Matches my experience with the simple caveat that initial start ups lag before employee pricing is allowed. All that means is people who buy under these programs every year have to wait a few weeks before buying. 99% of the time the lag is not noticed: other than the Corvette how many Chevy car lines have people standing in line to do their own retail sold order? Sure the Camaro attracts some, and heavy duty trucks get a lot (note trucks not cars) but the Vette gets more than all other car lines combined AND fewer Vettes are assembled every year than any other Chevy car line.

And this is complicated because Chevy allows dealers to pick and choose whether to accept program pricing for the Corvette; all other Chevys, if the dealer accepts program pricing for one line it must for all other Chevys (except the Corvette).

So your salesperson is correct, based on what I have observed.

Laborsmith
Thanks for the feedback! I just ordered my car this morning and it fit an allocation they have. With that being said, I really don't know how soon I could really expect my car on a museum delivery. I would think sometime maybe in September????????? With that being said, I sure hope the GMS pricing comes through for me. The dealership I am working with is located in Kansas City, Ks and they said they always participate in ALL Gm programs as they are offered. How can I find this information when it is officially announced?
Old 06-26-2014, 05:59 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

I don't know what constitutes an adequate number of inventory. But a quick search on Autotrader shows approx. 1,500 2014 new C7's for sale. While that is not many across the nation I am sure there are a lot of cars sitting on lots that are not advertised on Autotrader. Also, I would hope and think, for my own selfish reasons, that inventory may continue to build since they will be produced through August 8. I also would think that build up of inventory could swell as we get closer to people waiting for a 2015. Any merit to my thoughts as it relates to triggering the inventory build up clause?????
Old 06-26-2014, 07:11 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Apples and oranges. 2014 inventory at the end of a model year can not be compared to 2015 inventory at the beginning of its model year.

Does GM officially announce a date that employee pricing is in effect? It may but if it does not in a public manner. I do not recall seeing an "official" announcement, ever. Dealers may announce they are accepting employee pricing and do so announce while there is no announcement.

A complicating factor is no downtime between going from one model year to the next. In the case of this Corvette it is understandable but per my memory is not normal.

And if GMS is not there and you still want the order, do a family and friend (if available or pricing based on it); there is a couple of thousand dollar difference, true, but you get what you want and a good deal to boot.

Laborsmith
Old 06-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Jasonhol
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

They can if they choose!
https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/i...le-eligibility
Old 06-26-2014, 10:12 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jasonhol
I pointed this information out earlier. Someone responded that it only applied to those 2015s CURRENTLY being produced. I would like to believe they aren't correct.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:08 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

LOL....
Old 06-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Pie R Squared
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I pointed this information out earlier. Someone responded that it only applied to those 2015s CURRENTLY being produced. I would like to believe they aren't correct.
Some models are in 2015 production.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Pie R Squared
The 2015 Z28 is listed and I don't believe they are out yet!
Old 06-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Pie R Squared
The 2015 Z28 is listed and I don't believe they are out yet!

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 GMS/Supplier Pricing

Old 06-27-2014, 03:12 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

But the 2015 Camaro is in production now, so that might mean something.

As is the Volt, Malibu and Impala.

I have not been following the Camaro, but if memory serves this is the last model year for the Fifth Generation.

Laborsmith
Old 06-28-2014, 10:26 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Just to dispel any misconceptions, the dealer nets the exact same profit whether a customer buys using GMS (Employee) or GMU (Supplier). This is handled via incentives and are clearly called out on the invoice. Here are the numbers for my car.

EMPLOY: 58530.73
SUPPLR: 60921.80
EMPINC: 3716.53
SUPINC: 1325.46

If you do the math you see that 58530.73 + 3716.53 = 60921.80 + 1325.46 = 62247.26

EMPINC or SUPINC are credited to the dealers account when the employee or supplier authorization number is accepted.

Also, let history be your guide here. Once a model has been included in the program it has never been removed until that generation is replaced. History will show that the base and Z51 will remain on the program until the C7 run is built out. What you will undoubtedly see is an exclusion for the Z06 in 2015.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mjw930
Just to dispel any misconceptions, the dealer nets the exact same profit whether a customer buys using GMS (Employee) or GMU (Supplier). This is handled via incentives and are clearly called out on the invoice. Here are the numbers for my car.

EMPLOY: 58530.73
SUPPLR: 60921.80
EMPINC: 3716.53
SUPINC: 1325.46

If you do the math you see that 58530.73 + 3716.53 = 60921.80 + 1325.46 = 62247.26

EMPINC or SUPINC are credited to the dealers account when the employee or supplier authorization number is accepted.

Also, let history be your guide here. Once a model has been included in the program it has never been removed until that generation is replaced. History will show that the base and Z51 will remain on the program until the C7 run is built out. What you will undoubtedly see is an exclusion for the Z06 in 2015.
Great information and very encouraging for those of us hoping the discounts continue! Thanks for posting!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 GMS/Supplier Pricing