Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette jerk flashes lights to pass

Old 07-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Scottys78
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Corvette jerk flashes lights to pass

Yesterday I had to take the grueling 5 hour drive (290 miles) from the Jersey Shore to Pittsburg this past Sunday night. If you don't listen to the traffic report this can easily tun in to a 8 to 9 &1/2 hour drive.

It was a warm night, perfect for the Chevy cruze Sunroof open.

Usually I will not pass ever, even if it is dotted to do so, if I have a inpatient jerk behind me I will just pace the car next to me.

Last night was one of those nights.

I had a guy in behind me, he was a bit on the reckless side (not too bad) on a one lane road, I looked at him in my rearview, but there was not enough room to let him safely pass.

Finally, the opening for the 2 lane highway comes up and he gets behind me in the left lane, so I pace to the car next to me to keep jerks like this at bay.

It is a 65 zone and I'm holding 70, but there is clear sailing ahead if he gets by.

He rudely flashs me with the brights so I do not move over, however i do speed up to 75 to the next line of cars and then do not leave enough room for him to go around.

Again, he flashes me. But I keep him blocksed in.

At an opening he dangerously passes on the right and takes off at rocketship speeds.

I floor it pushing my cruze to its max to get on his azz.

So he pulls to the right, What's he think? I'm going to be ticket bait for him? Not a chance.

I do not pass, we come up to another group of traffic and he dangerously weves in and out of traffic. What a Jerk.

Now this guy has endangered everyone around, so I stay behind him with my brights on to let him know I've got my eye on him.

He speeds up a bit to get away from me and I manage to weave in and out of traffic to catch up with this guy. Get right back on his azz with my highbeams on again. I see you ****.

This is going to be a road rage incident, I need it, life is too good not to chase this C7 moron. I am a big guy (fat wise, not height), but totaly worth fighting this idiot for kicks.

This goes on for 10-15 miles, him getting around traffic away from me, not easy for me trying to keep up and get behind him with my brights on.

There is a State Trooper with lights on, on the side of the road pulling somebody else over, he starts to pull over and so do I.
Hmm, he fakes me out and stomps on it.

So I want to block this guy before the road turns to one lane up ahead and where traffic backs up, most likely where there will be no other Law Enforcement ahead.
I also know if I get into stop and go traffic, chances are I will have a chance to get into it with this guy.

At this point he has at least a mile on me. Who knows how many other people he endangered. One could only pray for a deer to jump out in front of him. I will not say what speeds I hit, because my speedometer doesn't go that high, let's just say more than my Chevy Cruz can comfortably handle.

By the time I hit the Philly bridge and highways there was no sign of him. Damn he got away.

I was very impressed with my Chevy cruze on the highway keeping up with that C7

Best car I've ever owned.

Anyway what a stereotypical Corvette Jerk...

Seriously, why can't you just wait your turn like everybody else
Old 07-01-2014, 11:30 PM
mfear
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

0/10 parody.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 PM
MrGTC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm... I think he just wanted to give you a hug. Next time you should pull over and see if that's true.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:33 PM
MrGTC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mfear
0/10 parody.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

That's pretty damn funny nicely done. I especially love the comment about being impressed with your Cruze keeping up with the C7.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

Isn't one thread enough??
Old 07-01-2014, 11:42 PM
dexterkatt
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm not sure which person is the jerk.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:43 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Old 07-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

This is a YellowBullet ripoff.
S.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:49 PM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scottys78
Yesterday I had to take the grueling 5 hour drive (290 miles) from the Jersey Shore to Pittsburg this past Sunday night. If you don't listen to the traffic report this can easily tun in to a 8 to 9 &1/2 hour drive.

Usually I will not pass ever, even if it is dotted to do so, if I have a inpatient jerk behind me I will just pace the car next to me.

I had a guy in behind me, he was a bit on the reckless side (not too bad) on a one lane road, I looked at him in my rearview, but there was not enough room to let him safely pass.

Finally, the opening for the 2 lane highway comes up and he gets behind me in the left lane, so I pace to the car next to me to keep jerks like this at bay.

It is a 65 zone and I'm holding 70, but there is clear sailing ahead if he gets by.

He rudely flashs me with the brights so I do not move over, however i do speed up to 75 to the next line of cars and then do not leave enough room for him to go around.

At an opening he dangerously passes on the right and takes off at rocketship speeds.

So he pulls to the right, What's he think? I'm going to be ticket bait for him? Not a chance.

I do not pass, we come up to another group of traffic and he dangerously weves in and out of traffic. What a Jerk.

Now this guy has endangered everyone around, so I stay behind him with my brights on to let him know I've got my eye on him.

He speeds up a bit to get away from me and I manage to weave in and out of traffic to catch up with this guy. Get right back on his azz with my highbeams on again. I see you ****.

This is going to be a road rage incident, I need it, life is too good not to chase this C7 moron. I am a big guy (fat wise, not height), but totaly worth fighting this idiot for kicks.

This goes on for 10-15 miles, him getting around traffic away from me, not easy for me trying to keep up and get behind him with my brights on.

There is a State Trooper with lights on, on the side of the road pulling somebody else over, he starts to pull over and so do I.

So I want to block this guy before the road turns to one lane up ahead and where traffic backs up, most likely where there will be no other Law Enforcement ahead.
I also know if I get into stop and go traffic, chances are I will have a chance to get into it with this guy.

At this point he has at least a mile on me. Who knows how many other people he endangered. One could only pray for a deer to jump out in front of him. I will not say what speeds I hit, because my speedometer doesn't go that high, let's just say more than my Chevy Cruz can comfortably handle.

By the time I hit the Philly bridge and highways there was no sign of him. Damn he got away.

now, if i posted that, id hear from all mods, and all forum members. the post is inappropriate, has nothing to do with anything--except to make fun of the original post, and should be deleted. btw, i may go to look at the cruze tomorrow--sounds like it made fun of the vette! and has had fewer recalls.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:54 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,512 Likes on 2,317 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I own a 2014 Cruze Eco. Love the car. Best 25 mile segment so far has been 50.8 mpg.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:01 AM
nous defions
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I get people in a "hurry" behind me, I just let them pass. It does not mean that much to me, as I'm well past 17 years old now.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Kruegmeister
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts

Left Lane = No Fear Lane.
If someone is on your Azz... You're in the wrong lane. Period.
Yes I know this a parody thread, just had to say it... Left to pass!
Old 07-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Nate GM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is too funny. I don't know which thread I enjoyed more

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...s-to-pass.html
Old 07-02-2014, 06:13 AM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by dexterkatt
I'm not sure which person is the jerk.
Let him pass and go about your business.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

I stopped reading here. People have no tolerance for guys like you that stay in the left lane. Move over and let people pass. People like you cause traffic and accidents. You make people drive aggressively.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:02 AM
nh_mark
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought I accidentally went on the cruzeforums website this morning

-Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette jerk flashes lights to pass

Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 AM
yell03
Safety Car

Received 464 Likes on 248 Posts

This sounds so familiar?
I should have known it was a Western suburb guy.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:09 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Is this the new version of "Cruise" night?
Old 07-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

nice try, but...

Originally Posted by mfear
0/10 parody.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette jerk flashes lights to pass