Master List of How-To Guides for C7 Corvette Stingray

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 11:00 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 218 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by FYREANT
looks like the link for my brake upgrade on the first page guide is actually pointing to the thread for lowering on stock bolts..
Sorry about that - fixed again.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:44 AM
Christopher Keiner
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Theta
The following How-To Guides cover numerous topics and offer pictures, explanations, specifications, schematics, etc of how to work on your C7 Corvette Stingray.

These How-To Guides are neither endorsed by nor property of Corvette Forum or myself in any way/shape/form. All liability stemming from any actions taken in relation to these guides is solely placed upon the user.

Please continue to check back often, as this thread will continue to grow as more How-To Guides are added!

We hope you will find these guides useful.

Updated (2/28/15) - Major Overhaul, Added Sections/Dividers, Added Member How-To Guides Section

Updated (4/8/15) - Added Additional Member How-Tos

Updated (4/29/15) - Added Front/Rear Brake Rotor How-Tos

• Fastener Tightening / Torque Values:

• General:

• Brakes:

• Exhaust:

• Steering / Suspension:

• Transmission:

• Electrical:

• Engine Maintenance:

• Interior Panels / Trim:

• Exterior Body Panels / Trim:

• Engine / Powerplant:

• Audio:

NEW: Member-Written How-To Guides:

These guides have been selected from the countless threads here for being verified, helpful, and informative. All disclaimers above apply, and please note that these guides are neither monitored nor updated officially or unofficially by any staff or technical writers - they are the sole property and responsibility of the original author. If said author wishes to be removed from this list, please contact me via PM.

What a wonderful post!
The following users liked this post:
brucemac64 (11-15-2016)
Old 08-21-2015, 08:30 AM
Marc Selz
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great advice

No worries, bud.

On mine (which should be the same plastic casting), the clips were front (toward the hood) and back (toward the cabin).

Several people have broken these, and there is no easy part replacement - you need the whole damned tube assembly. A lot of it came from being cold and brittle in the winter months. With heat from a recently-warm engine, I think they'd come out rather easily.

If you do end up breaking it, one of the clips will fall into the hole - use a spring-grabber or a dowel and bubble gum to grab it out. Ask how I know... After that, you can get by with the single clip and a larger O-ring to hold it in place.

Edit: This reminds me to look in the newly-updated GMSO parts system to see if they sell just those connectors. I'm sure a lot of people will end up breaking them sooner or later.
great advice man thanks
Marc
sooner_frog@yahoo.com
Old 08-24-2015, 08:20 PM
INTHERED
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Rear Rotor Removal

When removing the rear rotors you might want to add a note to make sure the parking brake is not applied. One question do I need to disable the cable adjuster when replacing my rear brake rotors ?

Thanks >>>> Inthered
Old 08-30-2015, 01:59 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

I did a how-to for installing Alky Meth on a C7 to add to the list of member how to's

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1590334007
Old 08-31-2015, 10:38 AM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Z06Ronald

What a GREAT thread!!!
Old 10-12-2015, 08:00 PM
American Hydrocarbon
Team Owner

Received 1,346 Likes on 736 Posts

While I would have preferred for you to have started a new thread for this, there is a simple answer.

The connector you're talking about is held in with two plastic clips on either side of the opening. Carefully pull on it while applying gentle force with a very thin panel tool to loosen one clip side and then repeat for the other.

The clips are quite fragile - mine broke the first time it was removed.

So what you are saying is that the clips are on the underside of that white connector, inside the coil cover?

If so, can't you just lift up on the coil cover and reach under there to release the clip?
Old 10-13-2015, 09:55 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,687 Likes on 2,905 Posts

I love reading all these how-to's, thank you very much for posting them! Any chance I could bribe you into posting one for the M7 transmission fluid change as well?
Old 10-19-2015, 10:04 PM
ap6954
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hard to draw concrete conclusions with different ambient temps at all the track days since the installation. It did not solve the problem though I know that for certain as I had a DIC trans temp warning after 20 mins in 90F weather. I did a track day this last weekend with ambient temps of 65F and by manually paddle shifting my trans only got to 252. The combination of exhaust wrap near the trans, DEI cool tape in al exposed trans lines near the exhaust, Z06 scoops and manually paddle shifting worked in this low air temps.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:24 AM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Great info. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:36 AM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Changing Air Filter On C7 Corvette

Theta:

Here is a great video on how to change the air filter on the new C7 Corvette.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrJsC5aZeA4
Old 02-18-2016, 03:47 AM
Lion888
4th Gear

Tnx))
Old 04-30-2016, 12:59 AM
tbrenny33
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Does anyone have a write up or anything on the location and removal of the PCM/ECU? That'd be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:40 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Here is a Feb. 2016 GM Bulletin that updates the Track Alignment Procedure.

Bill
Attached Images
Old 03-09-2017, 12:19 AM
TRS88
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

How about a how to guide on the red seat belt swap? I found the tread about swapping the interior pieces to suede and that gives a pretty good idea, but not the whole job. Thanks
Old 04-22-2017, 01:01 PM
nyciti
Burning Brakes

Received 275 Likes on 169 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...right-way.html
Old 07-09-2017, 09:27 PM
Myc7rock
Navigator

Default Front licence Platte install

Trying to install a show & Go front licence plate on my 2016 c7 z51 3lt.

The one I purchased is manual and should be easy install, but picture & detail is so small and dark I can't figure it out. Anyone have or know of video I could watch? Also their is a bracket that screws into existing screw holes, but one of the screws is also a snap head screw used for the front bra install. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Master List of How-To Guides for C7 Corvette Stingray

Old 07-15-2017, 10:43 AM
MichaelO
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Run a Wire into cockpit?

Quick question: What is the easiest way to run a wire from the engine compartment into the cockpit? I want to install a switch for Wild to Mild equivalent. Thanks
Old 07-28-2017, 10:40 AM
Babyray2015
4th Gear

The following How-To Guides cover numerous topics and offer pictures, explanations, specifications, schematics, etc of how to work on your C7 Corvette Stingray.

These How-To Guides are neither endorsed by nor property of Corvette Forum or myself in any way/shape/form. All liability stemming from any actions taken in relation to these guides is solely placed upon the user.

Please continue to check back often, as this thread will continue to grow as more How-To Guides are added!

We hope you will find these guides useful.

Updated (2/28/15) - Major Overhaul, Added

Sections/Dividers, Added Member How-To Guides Section

Updated (4/8/15) - Added Additional Member How-Tos

Updated (4/29/15) - Added Front/Rear Brake Rotor How-Tos

Updated (7/21/15) - Added Additional User-Submitted How-Tos / Cleaned-Up Some Older How-To Entries

Updated (8/26/15) - Added Additional User-Submitted How-Tos

NEW: Member-Written How-To Guides:

These guides have been selected from the countless threads here for being verified, helpful, and informative. All disclaimers above apply, and please note that these guides are neither monitored nor updated officially or unofficially by any staff or technical writers - they are the sole property and responsibility of the original author. If said author wishes to be removed from this list, please contact me via PM.

Thanks for this info. Cheers
                                                                                                                                                                                    Old 08-09-2017, 05:08 PM
                                                                                                                                                                                      #60  
                                                                                                                                                                                    LT4CMG
                                                                                                                                                                                    Le Mans Master

LT4CMG's Avatar

Member Since: Mar 2016
                                                                                                                                                                                    Location: 2019 CMG Z06
                                                                                                                                                                                    Posts: 7,930
                                                                                                                                                                                    Received 3,493 Likes on 1,890 Posts
                                                                                                                                                                                    Default

Thanks to all who have contributed to this awesome thread. Helped me out several times in my 9 months of ownership. Here's one I'm searching for. Has anyone done a seatbelt swap write up? I know the concept, remove most of the side panels, but looking more specifically for tips and tricks to speed up the process or more importantly, avoid any damage

Quick Reply: Master List of How-To Guides for C7 Corvette Stingray

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 PM.