C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had my new Corvette for 2 days, then this...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildmanht
@Complete Street..... First off, sorry to hear about your bad luck with vehicles as of late.

Regarding the Bank and owning the foreclosed house, would you mind keeping us informed on how they deal with this situation? Never know when this could happen to anyone on here....
The bank won't deal with the situation, the OP's car insurance will deal with it provided that he has comprehensive coverage. It's similar to a situation where your tree falls on my house, my home owner's insurance pays for the repairs, not yours.

If you can prove that the bank was negligent in maintaining the property and that they failed to remove a tree/branches that posed an imminent danger to public safety then you may have a claim against the bank. But that would be extraordinarily difficult to prove.

Last edited by Mfserge; 07-04-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:40 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Just a car but that is a shame. Good thing it is completely fix able.
With a no orange peel paint job. Go some where known for high quality paint work. Do the WHOLE car! Since so much was hit!

Best of luck!
Old 07-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Well, insurance finally came back with a soft number at $10,486.74.

My dealership, Del Chevrolet, was kind enough to put the new rear glass in ahead of time so I can drive her around until the rest of the parts get there.

Then when everything gets painted it'll be down for about a month... so I'm now debating weather to shoot for early August, or if I should shoot for over the winter to have it done.

I had my detail guys go over it, its not that bad now. The trunk lid is chipped up pretty good and that drivers rear fender is broken, but I'm not anywhere as depressed as when it first happened. There is some glass rattling around in the trunk lid though.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:05 PM
LHarper
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Complete Street
Well, insurance finally came back with a soft number at $10,486.74.

My dealership, Del Chevrolet, was kind enough to put the new rear glass in ahead of time so I can drive her around until the rest of the parts get there.

Then when everything gets painted it'll be down for about a month... so I'm now debating weather to shoot for early August, or if I should shoot for over the winter to have it done.

I had my detail guys go over it, its not that bad now. The trunk lid is chipped up pretty good and that drivers rear fender is broken, but I'm not anywhere as depressed as when it first happened. There is some glass rattling around in the trunk lid though.
Great attitude. Think it will all work out for you. Fortunate to have such a passenger. Think I see future Corvettes in his eyes.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:14 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,817 Likes on 2,062 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by DriveCorvette
Holy Crap of all the cars it could have fallen on Right? So sorry to see this. Please find a good paint shop, that color is going to be an SOB to match im afraid. IMO you might have to re paint the whole side for it to look right so keep that in mind. Tell the shop to dial in the right amount of Orange peel as well. Next time find a bigger tree to park it under!

BAN THIS ID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing but a troll.

Elmer
Old 07-14-2014, 07:30 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

I sorry
Old 07-14-2014, 09:13 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

OMG
That's the reason I don't like driving my Vette's in bad weather. Rain is the least of the worries. Hale, debris being blown from the wind....makes for a bad day.
Hope the repairs go well and fast.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:15 PM
VETROC
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to hear, but as others have said, at least you are ok. Flip flop in the street looked pretty funny though. I thought maybe you got angry at the tree and threw it.

Quick Reply: Had my new Corvette for 2 days, then this...