Sponsored by:

New Callaway Corvette Specs Released: Autoblog reports

Old 07-09-2014, 04:34 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Default New Callaway Corvette Specs Released: Autoblog reports

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/09/c...27hp-callaway/

More @ www.callawaycars.com - thanks for checking us out!!

By Chris Bruce
Posted Jul 9th 2014 1:02PM

Callaway Corvette Dyno GraphIf you under promise and over deliver, you can never disappoint people, and apparently the tuning mavens at Callaway know that lesson well. When the company announced its latest tuned Corvette a few months ago, it said that it would have roughly 620 horsepower and at least 600 pound-feet of torque. That would have been impressive gains over the stock 'Vette by itself, but the new supercharged sports car has actually been rated at 627 hp and 610 lb-ft as its final specs. Job well done.

The key to the latest Callaway Corvette is its 6.2-liter supercharged V8 that gets a redesigned, patent-pending supercharger with a new intake manifold and an intercooler with three liquid-to-air cooling elements. The supercharger housing also protrudes through the hood to aid cooling even more.

According to the dyno (right), Callaway's Corvette reaches its peak 627 hp at 6,400 rpm, an additional 167 hp over the standard car and 23 hp less than the upcoming Z06. The Callaway's max 610 lb-ft comes on about the same time as the stock 'Vette at around 4,400 rpm. However, the supercharged engine has an impressive 145 lb-ft more than normal, but 40 lb-ft less than the Z06. The tuning company claims that it uses the same SAE-certified power correction method as Chevrolet to calculate the specs.

With the numbers official, the latest Callaway Corvette is now in production, and the company is already shipping them out to waiting customers. Prices start at $22,995, plus the cost of the donor car. Scroll down to read the full press release about the tuner's latest supercharged creation.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The photo looks like a stock Z51. So they didn't dress it up cosmetically???? So the engine tune, and super charger, etc set you back almost $23,000???? I agree with the above poster, just get a ZO6 and be done with it.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,526 Likes on 519 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by Patriot77
The photo looks like a stock Z51. So they didn't dress it up cosmetically???? So the engine tune, and super charger, etc set you back almost $23,000???? I agree with the above poster, just get a ZO6 and be done with it.
exactly what people have been hinting at.

Any of these big boys that charge $20K + for packages to get the same hp as a Z just doesn't make sense... get so much more and a factory warranty in the Z.

IMO the aftermarket is going to hurt once the z06 is out.

Sure you can add a $5500 installed S/C package, or a cam for some quick HP with headers... but packages that are all engine for $20K... can't see them doing the numbers they did in the C5 and C6 with the power of the Z06, and the likely price to start at $80-85K
Old 07-09-2014, 09:10 PM
GTJim
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I think the Callaway makes a good option for those who can't afford the Z06.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:47 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

I knew you guys were going to make a Beast.

My '04 is officially FOR SALE!!!
Old 07-09-2014, 09:57 PM
MrGTC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

20k is quite a bit of change for an aftermarket s/c. They should throw in the 5 yr warranty for that price. I wonder how many they plan on selling...
Old 07-09-2014, 10:49 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,095 Likes on 807 Posts

Outstanding results
Old 07-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Has any official pricing been released yet for the Z06? The Callaway package is expensive, but it's warrantied and, at least with the C6, proven to have long-term reliability. Of course, one could always spend $7k or so on a supercharger and headers, and put the remaining $15k in the "catastrophic failure" fund, just in case.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:07 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by peter pan
Outstanding results
Thanks!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:29 AM
shftn7
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTJim
How so? My c7 stickered at 74k plus a 23k supercharger is 97k. Which is z06 pricing for sure.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:34 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GTJim
Thanks for your comments, and with Z06 pricing as available as the car right now, who knows what it will be, when it's even available.

But even then, looking beyond skin deep, the new Callaway supercharger system delivers stellar performance and technical advantages over any other supercharger available today, period.

In fact, it's so revolutionary, we've applied for patent rights to our design.

Today, meeting with a Callaway Corvette owner who took delivery last week, he;s owned several spectacular cars. His comment, and he has an SC606 Callaway which his wife commandeered, was the (new) Callaway Corvette Stingray was the best car he's ever owned. The performance was better than imagined (and better than his Callaway SC606, which he loved), and while the price of $22,995 might seem like a lot to some, we should really consider charging more for what one really gets -

Power, Style, and Exclusivity - backed by the absolute best Powertrain Warranty available. Other features include o.e. fitment and design/integration, and perfect drivability. Nobody else can match Callaway - nobody :yes nod:

Anyways, I assured him the price was reasonable, and appreciated the comments and compliments on our package. He said he plans to buy another Callaway soon, as these two are not enough. He went on to further state, to drive the car is to make one a believer! We couldn't agree more

If I can help facilitate a test drive, or a personal introduction to our company, please drop me a line.

www.callawaycars.com
Attached Images       
Old 07-10-2014, 12:35 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cg02175
With that outrageous price, one should just get a Z06.
arrrrgh.

Latest speculation-in-a-vacuum price-guessing threads are just positive that the Z06 must certainly be $100k+, usually preceded by "the GM guy at my kid's birthday party told me ..." This would be more than a $23k premium over a comparably equipped Stingray Z51. So a Callaway package suddenly looks like a sweet deal--if that Z price guess holds.

Even if the Z starts at $79,995 including destination like I think it will, if you just want lots of horses and torques and exhaust blast without Z51/FE4, and can live without a widebody, you can get a base Stingray with a Callaway package for less, and you'll have something much rarer than a Z.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:45 AM
CORVETTEZL1001
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

The callaway is also a good alternative for some one who already owns a C7 and wants to upgrade. They build a very reliable corvette I had a 09 callaway and it was a very nice car. The Z06 is going to more expensive then some on here realize especially for the first 2 years with ADMs. The Z06 will also have price increase every year.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:50 AM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by cg02175
With that outrageous price, one should just get a Z06.
I don't know about that. Chris,can you give in detail all you get for your $22,995? Surely there's more to it than just a supercharger and cat-back exhaust.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:32 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by redzone
Chris,can you give in detail all you get for your $22,995? Surely there's more to it than just a supercharger and cat-back exhaust.
Sure - check out this link for the Build and Price section of our Website:
http://www.callawaycars.com/cars/cal...ild-price-c20/

2014 Callaway Corvette Standard Equipment
  • New Callaway Supercharger System (pat. pend.)
  • Supercharger-Surround Hood Trim Ring
  • High Flow Intake System
  • Low Restriction Exhaust System with Unitized Acoustic Chamber
  • Embroidered Floor Mats
  • Callaway Door Sill Panels
  • Exterior and Interior Badging
  • Underhood Plaque with Vehicle Identification Number
  • Callaway Key Fob
  • Callaway Corvette Authenticity Documentation Package
  • 3 year/36,000 mile Limited Warranty

2014 Callaway Corvette Optional Equipment
  • Callaway AeroWagon Package
  • Callaway Extended 5 year/100,000 mile Limited Powertrain Service Contract
  • Callaway Wheel and Tire Packages
  • National Corvette Museum Delivery
  • Callaway Factory Delivery
  • Callaway Corvette Car Cover
  • Optional suspension, brakes, interior and carbon body equipment to be introduced during the course of the model year
Old 07-10-2014, 01:39 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CORVETTEZL1001
The callaway is also a good alternative for some one who already owns a C7 and wants to upgrade. They build a very reliable corvette I had a 09 callaway and it was a very nice car. The Z06 is going to more expensive then some on here realize especially for the first 2 years with ADMs. The Z06 will also have price increase every year.
Thank you for your response, and some of the points you raise.

You are right, nobody knows the price of the Z06, or when it will actually be in showrooms. Heck, for some, people don't even have their STINGRAYS yet, as their options continue to remain on constraint. So again, who really knows

At Callaway Cars, we have been building specialty versions of production automobiles for vehicle manufacturers, and independently. Our 37 year + history is well known, and reputation for quality and system engineering and integration, unparalleled. We are not a tuner.

The new Callaway Supercharger with patented intercooler design is the best possible unit, from a clean sheet of paper. There is a reason it isn't squeezed to fit under the hood, or other concessions others make. Simply put, it's a better product.

The point about our past product is also well-worth mentioning. Our 2010 Grand Sport SC606 Corvette has 193,000 trouble-free miles, and going, and going... Many on this site took our invitation to drive the car. Last time we went to the track, it ran 10.8@128 in the 1/4 mi, then I drove it home over 200 miles. It returns 28 mpg, and still looks great. We look forward to the legacy carrying on with the new car, which we bought a 2014 Stingray the other week, and look forward to the next chapter.

Thanks again for the post/comments
Attached Images  

Last edited by Callaway Chris; 07-10-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To New Callaway Corvette Specs Released: Autoblog reports

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Callaway Corvette Specs Released: Autoblog reports