Sponsored by:

I got the call today

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 11:21 PM
gsiegel1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got the call today

OK so it was I who called Les Stanford to check the status of ordering the 2015. I s/w Dennis who proceeded to take my order right then.
I am number #36 on the list. Gave Dennis my initial order build but still debating...

Definite - yellow vert w/black interior, perf exhaust, carbon flash badges, yellow calipers, 8 Speed Auto

Still debating about Z51 or not. After renting a non Z51, that seemed to be plenty for me but I do not want to regret not getting a z51 later. For most here it also seems like with that option then I should add the Mag Ride (I know some have w/o the mag ride but seems to be the majority who have the Z51 orders the mag ride). I will not track the car of course as it is a vert.

I will do black wheels - but also like the Z51 wheels much more than the standard.

Decisions...decisions...Order could go in this Thursday but I would certainly also like to know pricing.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by gsiegel1
OK so it was I who called Les Stanford to check the status of ordering the 2015. I s/w Dennis who proceeded to take my order right then.
I am number #36 on the list. Gave Dennis my initial order build but still debating...

Definite - yellow vert w/black interior, perf exhaust, carbon flash badges, yellow calipers, 8 Speed Auto

Still debating about Z51 or not. After renting a non Z51, that seemed to be plenty for me but I do not want to regret not getting a z51 later. For most here it also seems like with that option then I should add the Mag Ride (I know some have w/o the mag ride but seems to be the majority who have the Z51 orders the mag ride). I will not track the car of course as it is a vert.

I will do black wheels - but also like the Z51 wheels much more than the standard.

Decisions...decisions...Order could go in this Thursday but I would certainly also like to know pricing.
Is price going to really make a difference with what you want. I too ordered and have a TPW of 8/11. I really don't anticipate that much of an increase. One thing is for sure, they will only continue to go up not down. Get what you want and don't look back.......
Old 07-15-2014, 12:28 AM
MrGTC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll have to make that call yourself. If you think the non z51 is good enough, then save yourself a few thousand dollars (and we're talking like $4k+ including mag ride). Use that money to mod the car to your liking afterwards or just save the money for a vacation. I think the base stingray has plenty to offer. I rented a non Z51 last weekend and was completely satisfied with it.

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Fore58
Safety Car

Received 598 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by MrGTC
You'll have to make that call yourself. If you think the non z51 is good enough, then save yourself a few thousand dollars (and we're talking like $4k+ including mag ride). Use that money to mod the car to your liking afterwards or just save the money for a vacation. I think the base stingray has plenty to offer. I rented a non Z51 last weekend and was completely satisfied with it.

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2014, 01:31 PM
jmoses52
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 29 Posts

I decided to go without the Z51 for my 2015 vette. Main reason price and not going to track the car. Z51 will add you at least 4k, and for the 2015 the performance exhaust is standard, so not sure if the price will increase for the package. The mag ride is close to 2k so your looking at least 6k more. Then there is maintenance, all I know is the Z51 will take a lot more oil. Even though you have free maintenance for 2 years, it will hit you down the road. The more you add to the car, the higher the chance of something going wrong with it.

Get notified of new replies

To I got the call today

Quick Reply: I got the call today