Easy entry seat setting

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:34 PM
ColJack
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy entry seat setting

I am not sure what is wrong. I set my car up for easy exit and I turned memory recall on. But ever time I open the door. The seat moves very far forward. I then have to push and hold my memory 1 button on the door to get the seat to my position. Anyone have some help?. If all els fails I will reset it to the default original settings and start over.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:18 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

There are countless threads on this issue. Short answer - get a software upgrade.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:41 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,624 Likes on 6,628 Posts

Originally Posted by ColJack
I am not sure what is wrong. I set my car up for easy exit and I turned memory recall on. But ever time I open the door. The seat moves very far forward. I then have to push and hold my memory 1 button on the door to get the seat to my position. Anyone have some help?. If all els fails I will reset it to the default original settings and start over.
Assume you have a standard shift. That problem is eliminated by shutting easy exit OFF. Then the seat will stay in the exit position when you get in but you'll have to hold the desired memory button in until it returns to the memory setting.
There is finally a software upgrade but it does not match the simple C6 system. Have not had it updated yet. I've learned in 9 months to push the memory button with my left hand while I bring the seat belt over to connect with my right.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:10 AM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

They don't correct these issues at the factory? My car was just built on 6/30 and it does this also. I know I remember reading about a software fix for this prior to 6/30.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

My A6 built 7/18 seems to operate exactly like my C6. The seat retracts when I open the door and stays there until I get in and press memory 1.

Is this simply an M7 issue?
Old 07-29-2014, 06:59 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

I guess I am lucky because my preferred driving and exit positions are actually the same. Can't go wrong.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:29 AM
vettnutt
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

I've had the software update done to my M7. It does resolve this issue. Call your dealer and get it done.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:49 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mdm23
They don't correct these issues at the factory? My car was just built on 6/30 and it does this also. I know I remember reading about a software fix for this prior to 6/30.
Have had my car since October. Lots of threads on the subject. You do not need a software update to fix the returning to memory position when opening the door! Just set easy exit off. As I recall you set exit on opening the door or some such wording on. For 9 months my standard shift ( this is only an issue with std shift cars) moves to my exit position, seat and steering wheel. When I open the door, it stays in the exit position. Then I press the memory position I want. The difference between the C7 and my C6 is with the C7 I have to hold the memory position in until it fully returns.
If you have long legs and can start the car before hitting the memory recall it will operate like the C6.
My understanding is the software fix still requires you to hit the start button. However if you cannot fully depress the clutch and have the car start it just goes into auxilliary mode. Then you can push the memory button once. However then you have to push in the clutch and hit the start button again.
If that is correct, my approach, used for the past 9 months, requires fewer button pushes! I hit the memory button with my left hand and hold it in as my right hand takes the seat belt buckle and connects it. Two tasks in the same time. Multitasking, which my wife tells me I do not do enough of!!

Last edited by JerryU; 07-29-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:24 AM
MANECKED
Instructor

I had similar problem, besides the software update you need to determine which fob matches to which memory button (1 or 2). There is a post how how to determine which foblinks to which memory button. Basically set memory recall on at door opening, make your memory 1 and memory 2 settings different, then open the doors with the fob. Which ever memory setting activate will tell you which memory button is linked to that fob.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Randy WS6
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vettnutt
I've had the software update done to my M7. It does resolve this issue. Call your dealer and get it done.

Me to, I went to the dealer this weekend and had the update, now all I haft to do is push and release the start button with out pushing the clutch peddle with the emergence brake set. Don't haft to hold down the door button any more .
Old 07-29-2014, 01:02 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
Me to, I went to the dealer this weekend and had the update, now all I haft to do is push and release the start button with out pushing the clutch peddle with the emergence brake set. Don't haft to hold down the door button any more .
After you push the start button, do you then press and release the memory button? Or does the car automatically go to the setting that is tied to the FOB when the start key is pushed? Then do you press the clutch and push the start button again to start the car?

Last edited by JerryU; 07-29-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:46 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
Have had my car since October. Lots of threads on the subject. You do not need a software update to fix the returning to memory position when opening the door! Just set easy exit off. As I recall you set exit on opening the door or some such wording on. For 9 months my standard shift ( this is only an issue with std shift cars) moves to my exit position, seat and steering wheel. When I open the door, it stays in the exit position. Then I press the memory position I want. The difference between the C7 and my C6 is with the C7 I have to hold the memory position in until it fully returns.
If you have long legs and can start the car before hitting the memory recall it will operate like the C6.
My understanding is the software fix still requires you to hit the start button. However if you cannot fully depress the clutch and have the car start it just goes into auxilliary mode. Then you can push the memory button once. However then you have to push in the clutch and hit the start button again.
If that is correct, my approach, used for the past 9 months, requires fewer button pushes! I hit the memory button with my left hand and hold it in as my right hand takes the seat belt buckle and connects it. Two tasks in the same time. Multitasking, which my wife tells me I do not do enough of!!
I do the same...took a while to learn it, however, the memory button should still be a momentary switch! why do we have to hold it in til final position?
Old 07-29-2014, 02:50 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Assume you have a standard shift. That problem is eliminated by shutting easy exit OFF. Then the seat will stay in the exit position when you get in but you'll have to hold the desired memory button in until it returns to the memory setting.
There is finally a software upgrade but it does not match the simple C6 system. Have not had it updated yet. I've learned in 9 months to push the memory button with my left hand while I bring the seat belt over to connect with my right.
My error. It is Easy Exit On Auto Recall OFF to prevent seat from returning when door opens. Without software update just need to hold button in while seat and wheel return to programmed position.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Randy WS6
Racer

After you push the start button, do you then press and release the memory button? Or does the car automatically go to the setting that is tied to the FOB when the start key is pushed? Then do you press the clutch and push the start button again to start the car?

When you go and get the update everything is reset, Go to Settings and under Vehicle with the power on accessory, go to Comfort and Convenience. Make sure Easy Exit is checked On. This will move the seat and wheel to your exit setting ,Adjust the seat and steering wheel to the way you want them when you exit and then press the rightmost memory button this should set the exit , when you open the door the seat will go to the exit position that you just set. Also check to see if Auto Memory Recall is set to Adjust with Start in the Comfort and Convenience settings ,setup the seats and steering wheel and out side mirrors the way you want them while your driving, then press set on the door and press 1 or 2 till you hear a beep or chime , it should be set. open the door and see if the easy exit is set then shut the door with the emergency break set do not push the clutch peddle it will start the car, then press the start button and let off when the seats start to move, you done need to hold down on the start button.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:22 PM
ColJack
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mdm23
My car was built 7/10 I wonder why it was not shipped with the latest software configuration?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:25 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
When you go and get the update everything is reset, Go to Settings and under Vehicle with the power on accessory, go to Comfort and Convenience. Make sure Easy Exit is checked On. This will move the seat and wheel to your exit setting ,Adjust the seat and steering wheel to the way you want them when you exit and then press the rightmost memory button this should set the exit , when you open the door the seat will go to the exit position that you just set. Also check to see if Auto Memory Recall is set to Adjust with Start in the Comfort and Convenience settings ,setup the seats and steering wheel and out side mirrors the way you want them while your driving, then press set on the door and press 1 or 2 till you hear a beep or chime , it should be set. open the door and see if the easy exit is set then shut the door with the emergency break set do not push the clutch peddle it will start the car, then press the start button and let off when the seats start to move, you done need to hold down on the start button.
Thanks. Just following you last steps after programming:
Sounds like you push the start button after you sit down and without the clutch pressed it goes into auxiliary mode and recognizes the key in your pocket and returns seat, wheel and mirrors to that memory setting.
Assume you then press in the clutch and press the start key again to start the car.
Therefore you never have to press the memory button?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:42 PM
ColJack
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

My error. It is Easy Exit On Auto Recall OFF to prevent seat from returning when door opens. Without software update just need to hold button in while seat and wheel return to programmed position.
thanks that fixed it, hoe long did the memory upgrade take did you have to leave your car?

Get notified of new replies

To Easy entry seat setting

Old 07-29-2014, 09:53 PM
K9MF
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I was in and out in less than an hour. My vin is 20599
Old 07-29-2014, 10:23 PM
Randy WS6
Racer

When I had mine updated last weekend , I called the dealer to set a appointment and told him what I was wanting done and he had know idea what I was talking about, The dealer is a certified C7 Corvette technician. He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and told me that he was not notified about the update from GM. So go figure!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:56 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ColJack
thanks that fixed it, hoe long did the memory upgrade take did you have to leave your car?
I have not had the software upgrade.
Still trying to find out exactly how it works! Could s&w omeone who has it verify these stps:
Assuming it is set up corrrectly (lots of info on how this is done) after you sit down and press the start key without pressing the clutch, so the car doesn't start and goes into the auxilliary mode, then:
1) do you then press the desired memory button once and the seat, wheel mirrors go to the set position?
2) or does the car recognize the FOB and does the seat, wheel and mirrors return when you press the start key?
Have seen both options mentioned. I believe that is what was said, but it was not clear as what is done.
Than whatever option 1) or 2) works I assume you have to push in the clutch and press the start button again to start the car.
Could anyone who has had the software upgrade please set the Proceedure Straight!
Thanks

Last edited by JerryU; 07-30-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Easy entry seat setting